1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Age of Kings

Age of Kings of the Ash Legion
    is a Forum Moderator

I have Diamond, I can't do it that...

Oh well, I'm hoping it works. Trying anyways.
  2. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It wont.

You should just hatch 10 eggs.
  3. Age of Kings

is a Forum Moderator

Aw, crap, it didn't work. You were right.

Wait, so are you saying that if I hatched the number of taps it specified, the last will hatch shiny?
  4. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Yes.

Or you could have went and put away all but one Pokemon, switched to it, and then tapped it three times, and flipped the coin once and got the egg.

Hazard of going straight to the instructions and skipping over all of the dry technical stuff, I suppose.
  5. Age of Kings

is a Forum Moderator

Aw man.

Yeah, well I'll be more careful next time.

It was an 8 tap Jolly spread for Gyarados. :(
  6. Tase

Tase

OK, this is really making me wonder

Do Cosmic Jeff and Lorelei both live in the U.S.? I'm using their pokes as parents, and when in theory I'm doing everything else right (come on, I know I didn't mess up a 48-tap spread) I'm starting to wonder if one of them lives in the UK or something...
  7. mingot

mingot free agent

It actually would not matter. The spreads that are shiny for non-international parents are still shiny for international. It just adds more spreads to that.
  8. LightningFusion

LightningFusion
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

1. You can check if the pokemon are from different countries.
    2. Having international parents do not make non-international spreeds disappear I believe. I did a quick test and confirm it doesn't get rid of non-international shiny spreads.

Mingot wins, I fail.
  9. Tase

Tase

:(... damn, I thought I'd found my problem.

Guess I'm going to stop being lazy and make a vid, if I can figure out how to take them on this webcam.
  10. Shelcario

Shelcario

If you don't find a random pokemon with a delay near 600 and you reset, then save, then reset again then catch another random pokemon, is that how you do it, reset twice?
  11. LightningFusion

LightningFusion

yes it is better because it gives you more frames that would result in a shiny.
  12. Capt. Pork Chop

Capt. Pork Chop

Now to find a japanese ditto :O
  13. Shelcario

Shelcario

Anyone know the initial download link for the RNG Reporter?

Edit: I downloaded the current 4.0 version and it downloads right but I load it up, and a microsoft .NET security warning comes up so.....any help there?
  14. picklesword

picklesword

I just got a delay of about 3879 and still got a shiny. Just if you guys are interested. Shiny Tengela!
  15. Shelcario

Shelcario

Hey picklesword what version of the RNG Reporter do you have?

Edit: If you happen to know the initial download link for it that would be awesome.
  16. LightningFusion

LightningFusion

The delay is just how long it takes for you to hit continue. It can be 20000. The guide just suggests to speed through the menus so you know what delay is yours, the one closest to 600.
  17. Age of Kings

is a Forum Moderator

Hey, guys, so my game was kind and gave me a 14 tap Lonely spread I could use for something.

Since I'm paranoid about this stuff, does Flying affect PRNG? How about taking a parent out of the daycare?
  18. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

Flying does not affect the RNG. I don't believe taking out parents messes with the RNG either, but get a second source on info for that.
  19. Age of Kings

is a Forum Moderator

Ok, thank you very much.
  20. TheHuntBegins

TheHuntBegins

Argh goddammit

So I followed the steps very carefully, got a 147-tap spread for a Naughty, female Chimchar. The Chimchar hatched just like it said it would.

Egg cracks...it's normal-colored. :(

Only reason I'm not totally pissed is that I got a double-flawless wild Poke in the process...but still. HALP
  21. thetorsoboy

thetorsoboy

Well, you probably did the taps wrong. Just make sure everything in the app is setup right.
  22. Frostshock

Frostshock

This thread was a catalyst for me making this account. After chaining many shinies I have now bred one that otherwise has escaped me until now--a Skorupi. To be exact, a shiny male Jolly Sniper Skorupi with Night Slash. Now that RNG Reporter has been updated, I can get IVs for it (resetting normally is hopeless as the parents' IVs are abysmal). The only problem is no instructions have been posted on just what to do with the Time Finder. So, uh...help? Please? I have cookies! (::) (::)
  23. Yahtzo

Yahtzo

Is it possible to 'abuse' the RNG without knowing your SID? and if so, how?
  24. Haile Selassie

Haile Selassie

Don't think so.
    --------------
    After you've saved on the patch of grass, can you hard reset to check the IVs? Because you can't soft reset while keeping AR codes intact, right?
  25. Pokerealm

Pokerealm

I believe you have to save in front of your egg, and start the game as fast as possible, take the egg, and catch a Pokemon.
    Find it's delay and offset.

Do this a few times and use the delay/offset you get the most in the DPPt Time Finder. Now generate seeds for the IV's you want.

Take the egg on the exact same date (including seconds) as the Time Finder tells you to do, and hope you got the right delay/offset.

Jonny explained how this works via MSN, but that was before 4.01 was released.

I didn't understand exactly how this works, but I think this is the correct way. Ofcourse, use the method: Breeding (DPPt)

@Yahtzo: Only for IV's, not for shinies.

@Vo-Dee: Using an R4, you can SR and still have the codes active.
    But, if you really mean reset to check the IV's, then no, when you reset, the seeds will be different and you can't get a shiny using that pokemon's PID. If you mean, reset for a faster shiny frame, then yes, you can reset, but only when using an R4.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)