Is there some weird thing with the Poketch that could be messing me up?
Like how some people click rapidly though the Poketch so the numbers show up, but I go one by one so as to not accidentally pass the Coin Flip app...
I seriously have tried this like 20 times <_< On crap spreads with like 127 taps too. I KNOW I didn't miscount that last one, but I'm still unable to lock onto a shiny. Are there any weird little nit-picky things I might be missing... I really don't know what else to do. T_T
BTW, this might have been asked earlier, I found my own SID with AR.
In party = Sweet Scenter, Flame Body poke, 2 parents
- Turn on the game with AR active.
- "A" through the title screens
- Hit "continue" and note the time in the Platinum Seed Finder (in this case 2009 / 4 / 11 / 16 / 43)
- Use my Sweet Scenter (4 pokes in my party)
- Catch the poke (now 5 in my party)
- Use IV Check code to check IVs
- Enter them into Seed Finder (Calm 11/31/6/11/18/28)
- Select initial seed with delay ~600 (=622)
- Drop down menu > Plat Egg ID (Normal because my parents are Lorelei's Kingdra and Cosmic Jeff's Bagon)
- ID = 37167; SID = 46187 according to the SID AR code.
- select Shiny only
- Select first spread (209 Happiness taps, 8 Coin flips)
- Scroll from App 5 to the Happiness checker app
- Tap Happiness app 209 times, making sure I only count when they bounce. I usually do this in 25-tap increments, taking a brief pause between groups to maintain concentration. Tap the Coin Flip 8 times
- Go to the day-care (I use the Route south of solaceon so I just have to ride my bike there)
- place Lorelei's Kingdra and Jeff's Bagon in the Day-care; exit day-care
- Approach day-care man, who is already facing toward the road with an egg because I have Fast Breed Code on
- take egg, hatch.
- egg =/= shiny. :\
it might take you a while, but just to make sure you can do it, you may want to just keep trying until you get a very low number of taps/flips so you can be 100% certain that you've gotten that down right and see how it goes.
just keep at it, becuase you'll get it eventualy. it took me three days to get this to work, but now it's going well(and my brother couldn't stop hugging me when he got a shiny horsea, not even when I was going to work.....)
Ok, so I got two really awesome spreads. Both are less than 10 taps.
The only catch is that it says "do not switch to the happiness application at all". I'm playing Diamond, and I'm at the one before it, so should I just skip it really quickly? Does it just mean that I shouldn't touch it at all and proceed directly to the coin flip app?