Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have a question about RNGing for wild pokemon

I recently RNGed a drifloon and it worked perfectly, but now I am about to try for a Spiritomb
First off, can you RNG for an Odd Keystone activated Spirtomb? It's not on the Method J/Method 1 charts in the guide, so I don't know is it was left out on accident, implied in the "Sweet Scented Wild Pokemon" or if it is impossible.
Secondly, if Spiritomb can be RNGed, how do you deal with NPC movements? Drifloon was easy because there were no NPCs, but there a quite a few on the Spiritomb route.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question about RNGing for wild pokemon

I recently RNGed a drifloon and it worked perfectly, but now I am about to try for a Spiritomb
First off, can you RNG for an Odd Keystone activated Spirtomb? It's not on the Method J/Method 1 charts in the guide, so I don't know is it was left out on accident, implied in the "Sweet Scented Wild Pokemon" or if it is impossible.
Secondly, if Spiritomb can be RNGed, how do you deal with NPC movements? Drifloon was easy because there were no NPCs, but there a quite a few on the Spiritomb route.
yes you can i recently did it, the monster frame for spiritomb is 1 like most other method J pokemon, the moving NPCs are mostly trainers so use you VS. seeker to battle them and that will keep them from moving.

So would I battle all trainers, save by the odd keystone shrine-thing, then begin the soft-reset cycle?
What if not all of the trainers want to fight?

another quick question from me.
when you are walking somewhere like water, appart from advancing frame by 1 each step, does the 128step effect counting the pokemons in the party work too? or is it just in random floor?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So would I battle all trainers, save by the odd keystone shrine-thing, then begin the soft-reset cycle?
Oh, no, he actually meant to just use the Vs Seeker in order to stop them from moving so they quit screwing with your frame!

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you will notice some of the trainers follow specific patterns of movement like the runners run in the same pattern those you don't have to worry about and any NPC that moves in a pattern just fight the ones that have random movement. First place the odd keystone in the well or whatever it is then do the talk to 32 people thing until the event is activated then fight the random moving NPCs then begin your cycle of soft resets to hit your delay

Nevermind, you answered me

And will an AR code screw it up (I have one for automatic spiritomb activation)
So can I just activate that, save, quit, take out ar (I don't like it in while I'm RNGing) then go back in, battle the random-moving trainers, save by keystone-place, then configure the time and all that other stuff

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Nevermind, you answered me

And will an AR code screw it up (I have one for automatic spiritomb activation)
So can I just activate that, save, quit, take out ar (I don't like it in while I'm RNGing) then go back in, battle the random-moving trainers, save by keystone-place, then configure the time and all that other stuff
AR won't hurt anything. Just remember to list that as a code you used if you ever trade it.

The wierdest thing: I can't find an encounter code for Feebas in Platinum and Serebii sad it was in Mt. Coronet BF1. Anyone else had this problem?

he is used like sort of the RS one, but with a greater range.
you gotta fish for him, i think with the second rod, i cant remember.
feebas is much better to breed, since it's almost impossible to catch him. can takes hours to catch a single one.

It's the super rod and if it's like Ruby/Sapphire, then all I need to do is keep fishing in different spots. Won't be that hard (especially since it's only location is BF1 of Mt. Coronet).

It's the super rod and if it's like Ruby/Sapphire, then all I need to do is keep fishing in different spots. Won't be that hard (especially since it's only location is BF1 of Mt. Coronet).
Yeh but the area is ALOT bigger and he only appears in 4 tiles that change daily, basically just while surfing fish each tile about 4 times, if your lucky you will find one quickly, but there is a possibility the last 4 tiles you search could contain it.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to get "profiles" for ID/SID combinations in the next rev of RNG Reporter? With HG/SS coming up I'll be goin from 2 to 4 games to check results for shiny eggs, and since the data from the RNG reporter is stored as a registry file rather than in the config it's a little tedious to retype multiple ID/SIDs to generate shiny egg results for.

short: ID/SID profiles for more/different results in RNG Reporter, trade eggs to shiny result game.

Great app, I appreciate the time you all have put into this.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok now another question: Is the monster frame still 4 for fishing for feebas?
It's not listed in the Platinum Encounter codes, so the best you can do is guess and check. Find a frame with, for example, encounter slot 2 and see if a Feebas pops out of that. If it does, we can update the page.

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I cannot find an answer to any question that is related to mine.
I've recently soft-resetted and caught a Shiny Regigigas, rare candied it to 100, and checked it's IV's.
Now, the issue is, that the Defense IV's result comes back as "5-6". I have not EV'ed it in any way, nor mistyped anything in the calculator. When I'm using the "IVs to PID/SEED" feature, entering 5 for defense IV brings me two results, and entering 6 yields 1 result.
The question is, Which one is the more likely IV?
Sorry if this is a noob question, but if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I cannot find an answer to any question that is related to mine.
I've recently soft-resetted and caught a Shiny Regigigas, rare candied it to 100, and checked it's IV's.
Now, the issue is, that the Defense IV's result comes back as "5-6". I have not EV'ed it in any way, nor mistyped anything in the calculator. When I'm using the "IVs to PID/SEED" feature, entering 5 for defense IV brings me two results, and entering 6 yields 1 result.
Sorry if this is a noob question, but if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Do what OmegaDonut said, then if it happens to be 5, only one of the two results should be method 1, that is your PID

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your Regigigas has a -Def nature. That's how you can get ambiguous results in the Defense stat even at L100.

Give it an Iron. If its stat becomes 208, the IV is 5. If it's 209, then the IV is 6.

It's not listed in the Platinum Encounter codes, so the best you can do is guess and check. Find a frame with, for example, encounter slot 2 and see if a Feebas pops out of that. If it does, we can update the page.
So just try each frame and subtract by 4 huh? Yeah that seems like a challenge (assuming I have the time and all xD)

Some questions about rng abuse on honey tree pokemon:

What is their Starting Frame (for example, Dialga and Palkia have 1)
Where do I find Encounter Slots for them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)