Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So I'm using the DPPt Time finder, getting a good spread for method K for a SS ID/SID abuse. I want to have the legendary shiny, but I was told that I shouldn't have the shiny only box checked because that would require inputting an ID/SID number. Not that I don't trust what I've been told on IRC, but I'd like to get a more detailed answer here. So, when searching for, say, 31/31/31/3x/31/31 Jolly Method K, how do I search for it to be shiny?

I have Version 7.1 for the RNG reporter, and the DPPt Time Finder is what I have, please don't suggest other programs unless you're willing to find me what I need, then PM it to me. ;P

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I'm using the DPPt Time finder, getting a good spread for method K for a SS ID/SID abuse. I want to have the legendary shiny, but I was told that I shouldn't have the shiny only box checked because that would require inputting an ID/SID number. Not that I don't trust what I've been told on IRC, but I'd like to get a more detailed answer here. So, when searching for, say, 31/31/31/3x/31/31 Jolly Method K, how do I search for it to be shiny?

I have Version 7.1 for the RNG reporter, and the DPPt Time Finder is what I have, please don't suggest other programs unless you're willing to find me what I need, then PM it to me. ;P
what they told you was correct if your just finding this for ID abuse purposes then just look for that spread, and enter the PID into ID Finder and you'll get ID/SID that give it shiny, there's no point to search for it shiny now.

Hey, sorry for this being my first post, I know I sound like a newb, but some help would be great...
Uhm, are there any guides to RNG manipulation in HGSS yet? I'm reading the articles and only finding DPPt stuff. Is all I do really just find the seed and IVs of a fresh pokemon and use those to find how many eggs to hatch?

...Again, sorry for this, but thanks in advance for your time, at least.

Hey, sorry for this being my first post, I know I sound like a newb, but some help would be great...
Uhm, are there any guides to RNG manipulation in HGSS yet? I'm reading the articles and only finding DPPt stuff. Is all I do really just find the seed and IVs of a fresh pokemon and use those to find how many eggs to hatch?

...Again, sorry for this, but thanks in advance for your time, at least.
It's harder than that. Sometimes, the game skips PIDs and will skip the frame of the egg you want. HG/SS are a pain to RNG in due to lack of consistency for frame advancement.

It's harder than that. Sometimes, the game skips PIDs and will skip the frame of the egg you want. HG/SS are a pain to RNG in due to lack of consistency for frame advancement.
:heart: Thanks for the fast reply. Ouch though. I guess there go my chances for a shiny Snorlax. Can you NG for intractable pokemon too? Or is that even harder?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:heart: Thanks for the fast reply. Ouch though. I guess there go my chances for a shiny Snorlax. Can you NG for intractable pokemon too? Or is that even harder?
You can but in HG/SS it is more difficult than in D/P/Pt especially on a cart as for which is harder, breeding or catching in HG/SS that depends on the individual

You can but in HG/SS it is more difficult than in D/P/Pt especially on a cart as for which is harder, breeding or catching in HG/SS that depends on the individual
Good point. Arright then. Any guides at all, or should I dig through the front pages? ._.;

When you are in the Sinjoh ruins and encounter either palkia/dialga/giratina. Does the frame advance when you step into the middle of the the circle things. What are the monster frames for the three? Does cynthia talking advance the frame?

So, to determine my seed/delay/seconds in HG/SS, I just need to use RNG Reporter's DPPt Seed Finder as normal, but check the "HG/SS delay" checkbox?

no luck with the guide - here's why

I'm following the RNG guide article on the main page, I've tried it twice with no luck. There were two issues that I think are screwing me up.

Firstly, in determining my secret ID, the 2nd half is OE94. Whenever I paste this into my windows scientific calculator the O is not recognised, leaving the code as E94 (111010010100 in binary) I am worried that this is going to give me an incorrect secret ID. I have caught a shiny geodude the normal way and removed all evs to get its iv values to base this off. Just one pkmn.

The next problem is that when my ID is converted to binary it is 18 characters long, not 16 like the guide mentions. Do I convert all 3 of my binary codes to 18 characters or do I chop off two characters from the beginning or end of my character? I chopped the last two characters off the end and seemed to come to a normal looking secret id.

Finally, the guide is very unclear about what you mean by time. There is mention of both the continue screen and 24-hour time. The simple fact is the time on the continue screen is the amount of hours and minutes spent playing the game, not the time at all. Do you mean the DS time on the applet clock? That's not on the continue screen at all. I have been entering the ds applet time because that's the only option that makes sense.

After using this method, I have tried and failed twice. I simply follow the guide, that does not worry about adding seeds for people wandering around. If anyone can set me straight, that'd be wonderful. I am using international parents and have selected the international option. The offspring produced don't even match the predicted.

Are the nature/iv's for suicune determined when you encounter it in Cianwood? Or are they determined later?
i believe that nature/ ivs are determined when you battle it in kanto and it is method k.

also, my question was not yet answered regarding the togepi egg. i'm guessing it's method 1 just like all the other eggs in DPP, but i could be wrong.

I'm trying to hit a perfect Wondercard IV spread at frame 116 but I keep hitting 115 and 117 in Diamond. Any advice for trying to hit that frame or even-numbered frames in general without roamers?

I'm trying to hit a perfect Wondercard IV spread at frame 116 but I keep hitting 115 and 117 in Diamond. Any advice for trying to hit that frame or even-numbered frames in general without roamers?
i had the same problem. what worked for me was saving on a frame that moved an npc only once. when you find that frame, just do the flips and pause so the npc moves once before talking to the delivery man.

If I've released Suicune from the Burned Tower but have not yet caught him in Kanto, is he considered a roamer as far as frame advancement is concerned?

If I've released Suicune from the Burned Tower but have not yet caught him in Kanto, is he considered a roamer as far as frame advancement is concerned?
No, hes nothing more than a stationary encounter, he doesn't roam at all, he is triggered at preset locations as story events unfold.

I just try out the RNG manipulation technique today. Pretty certain that my average delay has quite a small range (4 units, between 628-632)

I tried out the shiny egg finder method from here today, and I did followed the instruction precisely, also. I saved the game, with the poketch app before the happiness checker opened, set my DS time, blah blah blah, up to the point where the instruction said to verify with 10 coin flips. Regardless of how I saved the game with which poketch apps opened (app before happiness checker, or the coin flip app), I still got wrong 10-flip sequences. When I tried to check how far off my delay was, using the Seed to Time option, I somehow couldn't find the sequence that I received in-game to compare with the available range (even after I increase the range to +/- 25 unit).

Can anyone who's good at this help me figure this problem out please? Thank you.
PS. Would be nice if anyone could provide me a tutorial video clip, too :nerd:

Okay, quick question here:

I am trying to obtain a shiny latias in Emerald. I want to RNG my ID at the start of the game. However, I want a certain spread to be shiny for Latias, but I don't know what spread to use.

I was trying to match RNG reporter with some of the spreads that are mentioned in the "abuse for method 1 pokes" section of the Emerald RNG guide. But the spreads never match up!

In the guide, it says:

Frame:2298
Time: 0:38:30
Nature: Adamant
Ability:0
27/25/29/11/28/31

But when I try to look for this spread using method 1 in RNG reporter, I can't find it. It shows up with this:

Frame:2298
Time: 0:38:30
Nature: Gentle
Ability:1
11/14/9/14/13/12

Why don't these match up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)