Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm trying to RNG for the Ho-oh right now in HG, and I have a lot of questions.

1. What frame is Ho-oh?
Frame 1
2. What method is Ho-oh?
Method K
3. What are some methods to advance the frame in the Bell Tower?
Walking 128 Steps
4. How do you find out what seed you're on?
Unfortuneatly you dont, you just kinda have to do it without checking if you hit your delay, thats if your playing on a real cart

Thanks in advance guys!

Can you use your Radio in the bell tower? I've seen one radio station with consistent results and I intend to use it for everything but Lugia.

Quick question:
I'm trying to Method J meself a Pokemon.
The problem is I need to walk 128 steps in order to start page flipping.
But this means I have to walk into the grass again.
When I walk back into the grass, does it advance the RNG by one...?

I can't find any information for RNG in HG/SS for Suicune or any stationary legendary. Can anyone point me to the right direction, please?

So two questions about breeding in DP/Pt.

When I encounter a wild Pokemon, as detailed during the frame calibration phase, can I fly somewhere other than the vicinity of the Day Care to catch this Pokemon, or would this screw up my results?

Also during the frame calibration phase, the instructions are a little confusing. I think it is saying that after catching the Pokemon, I click the "DPPt Seed Finder" button in the RNG reporter, input the caught Pokemon's stats, get a seed, copy/paste this seed into the "Seed (Hex)" on the main menu, make sure "Method" is "Breeding (DPPt)", and click "Generate."

I then find the IVs of the baby Pokemon, and find the generated spread that they match, making note of the frame number.

I think this is how I do it, but the instructions were a bit confusing. Can someone confirm that I have the process right?

BLARG!
Ok, so I've finally hit the right delay for this Method J Pokemon, and since I would very much enjoy NOT making the same mistake twice, I have another question.
If I'm not facing the grass and I turn and step into it, does this advance the RNG by two...?

Just about to start RNGing for Raikou - does anybody know its 'Monster Frame'? I would assume 1, but the guide mentions the platinum birds had different frames, so was just wondering if anyone knew this.

Raikou is 1 entei is 6
Brilliant. Thanks.

First wild pokemon RNG, first SS RNG, think im asking for to much? Im planning quite a bit ahead to make sure I get it right... My plan is, once determining my starting frame, go to the basement of the burnt tower, walk the amount of steps required to reach 1 frame before the one I need, release the dogs (which advances the frame by 1 right?), so hopefully the spread will be the right one. And last question, say I need to advance the frame by 3, I walk 128 steps 3 times if I have 1 pokemon in my party, and that will advance the frame. If I walk the remaining steps to release the dogs, as long as I dont go above 128 steps, the frame will not advance right?

Ok. I've been doing some tests for Raikou and Entei. I can make a guide for Raikou.
PID: 001a5ab8 (TIMID, ability 0) 30/1/31/30/31/31 (Seed: 730d048c Frames - 1: 26, J (synch): 11, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 10, K (no synch): 11) HP GRASS 68
This spread is very reliable. The time has the radio station with the goldenrod theme so you have a consistent method of frame advancement. The frame is 26 so tune and detune the radio to the bottom right button 25 times. After you release the dogs, check you seed by catching one. A few rare candies will help greatly. If you hit odd delays consistently, scroll down to the bottom part of the menu and back up, then start, this will change your delay to even numbers. Once I hit my seed, Raikou is as good as mine.

When RNGing the doggies (specifically Raikou), do I need to beat the League with five Poke'mon? And do all of the steps before Lance?
It's best to do them right in the burnt tower. After you release them, you can catch them at any time. I would suggest using a masterball. If you want to catch it in a custom ball, the best thing to do is use a smeargle that will obey you with spore, taunt, false swipe and block/mean look. This will prevent their escape and use of roar.

Something interesting I noticed: on my HeartGold, when restarting for a shiny starter, I seemed to get a very high frame (close too 100). In my SoulSilver, I get 1/5/9, depending on starter.... I guess this should be tested (male characters on both for me). If someone does get 1/5/9 frame starter from HeartGold, is your character a male or female?

It's best to do them right in the burnt tower. After you release them, you can catch them at any time. I would suggest using a masterball. If you want to catch it in a custom ball, the best thing to do is use a smeargle that will obey you with spore, taunt, false swipe and block/mean look. This will prevent their escape and use of roar.
Too late? I released and killed them. I would like to RNG them just before Lance if I can.

To reiterate a question I posted earlier, in breeding in DPPt, I'm at the spot where I'm calibrating by recieving the egg, capturing a Pokemon, and using the captured Pokemon to find the egg's frame.

If I fly somewhere else to catch the Pokemon after recieving the egg, rather than using a nearby route, will this screw up the results?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)