Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

As a somewhat helpful comment, IIRC IVs are stored HP-Atk-Def-Speed-S. Atk-S. Def, but it's a whole lot easier to look at it the way we do, so everyone looks at it that way.

I'm new to this whole RNG thing and I'm trying to figure it out. I see some people getting near flawless like 31/31/31/x/31/31.

I ran those through RNG Report and I can't seem to get any results. Are my ID/SID a must in order for me to get those kind of results?
Sorry for the noobish questions but I'm really trying to figure this thing out.

I say inconsistently because the roamers have been known to advance more than +2 (if you have both Raikou and Entei out). This is due to the RNG rerolling their positions if they reappear on the route they were on when you last saved. I always use Elm to advance wherever I can, all signs point to it being consistent.
So if I kill Entei/Raikou/Lati@s, I should be able to RNG freely without worrying about inconsistencies?

Don't want to waste an hour trying to hit my seed to find that I screwed up the frames :pirate:

This is really stumping. I've watched the videos, read the guides, and searched around but couldn't find the answer.

I'm using the newest AR (the DSi one. I use it with my DSLite though, it is compatible with all the DS versions) and followed both mignot's guide and both youtube guides but every single time I check the IV's *using the AR* and generate the seeds I get like 6 or so initial seeds. Does anyone with this type of AR have any solutions? Thank you.

Ive RNG'd abit in Diamond just to the extent of breeding. And am currently about to attempt my first RNG for a legend. Which brings me to my question. I dont mean to be a bother, but could some one dumb down the process of RNGing for a shiny Mewtwo in SS? Im fairly lost in the proceedure.

What method should be used to RNG starter Pokemon in Pokemon Emerald? What method would I use to RNG wild Pokemon in Pokemon Emerald?

According to what OmegaDonut said on the last page it's pointless to do the delay and seconds calibration phase of RNG abuse because soon there will be a new interface upgrade for the RNG reporter and we can just use Emloop to hit the correct delay and seconds?

According to what OmegaDonut said on the last page it's pointless to do the delay and seconds calibration phase of RNG abuse because soon there will be a new interface upgrade for the RNG reporter and we can just use Emloop to hit the correct delay and seconds?
You still need to calibrate, you just should do it with emloop.

For example, I get a +400 delay with an AR, and +350 delay without an AR.
So if I'm going for a delay of 3256 with an AR, I put 3656 into emloop, convert to seconds, and figure out what time I should use.

To clarify about Wild Eep Program
These are the step
1. Find a seed I want to be shiny
2. Input the seed pid in the ID finder and input my delays in the left column
3. (I dont want an infinte search because I only want a delay of 600 or 602 so I skip this correct?)

But here's where Im kinda lost

Do I use the seed result matching my delay from the ID finder or would I be able to use Wichu Program with the ID and SID from the ID and SID result from ID Finder?

After that would I use the seed-to-time in the RNGReporter for my desired seed and try to hit it? If not, then what would I do to manipulate my ID and SID on the new game.
(I 'll keep reading Wild Eep directions and see if I can fully understand it)

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
To clarify about Wild Eep Program
These are the step
1. Find a seed I want to be shiny
2. Input the seed pid in the ID finder and input my delays in the left column
3. (I dont want an infinte search because I only want a delay of 600 or 602 so I skip this correct?)

But here's where Im kinda lost

Do I use the seed result matching my delay from the ID finder or would I be able to use Wichu Program with the ID and SID from the ID and SID result from ID Finder?

After that would I use the seed-to-time in the RNGReporter for my desired seed and try to hit it? If not, then what would I do to manipulate my ID and SID on the new game.
(I 'll keep reading Wild Eep directions and see if I can fully understand it)
Steps:

1. Find a spread that you want shiny. Take its PID (NOT the seed) and put it in RNG Reporter.
2. The delay range is for how long it takes for you to complete starting a new game. This is at least 5000 delay or so for DPPt and at least 3500 for HGSS. The seeds that PBox returns are only for starting a new game and obtaining your trainer ID. When RNG abusing, you need to use the seeds RNG Reporter gives you for your desired spread.
3. Skip the infinite search, yeah. I had a niche use for that feature, so most people can simply ignore it.

Steps:

1. Find a spread that you want shiny. Take its PID (NOT the seed) and put it in RNG Reporter.
2. The delay range is for how long it takes for you to complete starting a new game. This is at least 5000 delay or so for DPPt and at least 3500 for HGSS. The seeds that PBox returns are only for starting a new game and obtaining your trainer ID. When RNG abusing, you need to use the seeds RNG Reporter gives you for your desired spread.
3. Skip the infinite search, yeah. I had a niche use for that feature, so most people can simply ignore it.
After reading this about 5 times, I think I understand a little more then I did
Thanks Wild Eep!

Few questions

A few questions, all help is appreciated.

When RNG'ing Latios, since it's method 1, are you supposed to be one frame before the desired frame or ON the desired frame? To put it simply, does Latios advance the frame by one when it's generated?

Also, will using surf to get to lugia or entering the room after RNG'ing outside of Lugia's room cause an unwanted frame advancement?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Um, when i used emloop, the first timer was ok, but for the 2nd timer, it only gave me 7 seconds from starting up the game to press continue.... am i doing anything wrong?
That's because delay doesn't start counting until 2-3 seconds after you start the game from the DS menu. This needs to be calibrated for and added to the second timer.

To reduce the amount of trial and error, here are my results: add 400 delay for HGSS, and 306 for Platinum. Don't know about DP.

I feel like this is a stupid question but since I want to RNG for flawless IV breeding on SS, what changes from D/P/Pt in HG/SS. As I understand it frame calibration isn't required, you can use the radio to advance the rng instead of the journal/coin tosses. Is that right, with everything else staying the same?

I really appreciate any replies I get, thanks very much.

When using the Shing Egg tab on the Time Finder, does it matter if I do the taps first? I just did the 10 verification flips, and I was wondering if I should just do the coin flips first while I am at the app.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When using the Shing Egg tab on the Time Finder, does it matter if I do the taps first? I just did the 10 verification flips, and I was wondering if I should just do the coin flips first while I am at the app.
first do the 10 verification flips, then switch to the happiness app and do the taps then switch back to the coin flip apps and do the remaining flips. People mentioned that you can do what you said and as long as you don't stay on the happiness app when you go put your parents in the daycare it should work too but since I never tried it myself I can't say 100% that its true.

first do the 10 verification flips, then switch to the happiness app and do the taps then switch back to the coin flip apps and do the remaining flips. People mentioned that you can do what you said and as long as you don't stay on the happiness app when you go put your parents in the daycare it should work too but since I never tried it myself I can't say 100% that its true.
Sounds good :3
Thanks!

for future reference NOTHING is method J in HG/SS they are method 1 and start at frame 5,
First time I got to frame 100 and got bulbasaur, it was on frame 4. As the spread I got was on frame 104.

After what you told me, I assumed I messed up somewhere.
After finally hitting my seed again just now, I got to frame 95. Picked up bulbasaur. Spread came up to be 99.

Somehow I don't think the starters are on frame 5. Anyway I'll try again :P (keeping trying till I get this shiny bulbsaur)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)