Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First time I got to frame 100 and got bulbasaur, it was on frame 4. As the spread I got was on frame 104.

After what you told me, I assumed I messed up somewhere.
After finally hitting my seed again just now, I got to frame 95. Picked up bulbasaur. Spread came up to be 99.

Somehow I don't think the starters are on frame 5. Anyway I'll try again :P (keeping trying till I get this shiny bulbsaur)
what are you sing to advance frames and there is a moving NPC in oak's lab, and I'm just going by what I and 2 other people got as starting frames

Does it matter how many Pokemon are in the party when using the Shiny Egg finder? I did the verification taps, the amount of taps/flips, but the egg isn't shiny :/

EDIT: Nvm XD

what are you sing to advance frames and there is a moving NPC in oak's lab, and I'm just going by what I and 2 other people got as starting frames
Okay. Hit my delay first time =), and advanced to frame 96. Spammed A to get my bulbasaur at frame 100.

Here's what I do (did).

Enter game, the NPC on the bottom left doesn't/didn't move. I saved it so every time I hit my seed, he wouldn't move.
I then ring Elm/Lower-right hand radio advance to get to frame 100.
Collected bulbasaur, bulbasaur's Ivs were on frame 104.
Tried again, advanced to frame 95. Bulbasaur's Ivs were on frame 99.
Finally, I advanced to frame 96. Got bulbasaur. Ivs were on frame 100.

But I think you might be right. I get confused over the starting frames >.<".
If when I got my poke my frame advanced by +4. Does that mean it's starting frame is indeed 5?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay. Hit my delay first time =), and advanced to frame 96. Spammed A to get my bulbasaur at frame 100.

Here's what I do (did).

Enter game, the NPC on the bottom left doesn't/didn't move. I saved it so every time I hit my seed, he wouldn't move.
I then ring Elm/Lower-right hand radio advance to get to frame 100.
Collected bulbasaur, bulbasaur's Ivs were on frame 104.
Tried again, advanced to frame 95. Bulbasaur's Ivs were on frame 99.
Finally, I advanced to frame 96. Got bulbasaur. Ivs were on frame 100.

But I think you might be right. I get confused over the starting frames >.<".
If when I got my poke my frame advanced by +4. Does that mean it's starting frame is indeed 5?
well if you advanced to 96 and you got 100 then yours are starting at frame 4 which is odd since I'm not the only one that's had them starting at frame 5 but HG/SS aren't know for their consistency so it may vary

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
since there are encounter slots for HG/SS now, does anyone know how to calculate them, by the looks of it the ones listed by RNG reporter don't seem to match. For example I have a frame that has an encounter slot of 3 which is supposed to be staryu on route 47. I do the necessary advancements and sweet scent but I get tentacool instead which is listed as slot 0.
I would appreciate and answer to this

I'm really confused by all of this. Can Somebody lend a hand? I know seed is like, your starting position but what does the advancement do? I think I need a breif summary of RNGing in HGSS. From the basics, because I didn't understand the first posts at all.

Excuse my ignorance please.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm really confused by all of this. Can Somebody lend a hand? I know seed is like, your starting position but what does the advancement do? I think I need a breif summary of RNGing in HGSS. From the basics, because I didn't understand the first posts at all.

Excuse my ignorance please.
Start by reading the DPPt guides, then read through the HGSS stuff. The HGSS post is not an RNG primer.

since there are encounter slots for HG/SS now, does anyone know how to calculate them, by the looks of it the ones listed by RNG reporter don't seem to match. For example I have a frame that has an encounter slot of 3 which is supposed to be staryu on route 47. I do the necessary advancements and sweet scent but I get tentacool instead which is listed as slot 0.
From the front page:

First, since you can't sweet scent you have to determine if you are going to catch something at all for a particular frame. To do this, make a note of your method J frame and then locate the this frame - 3 in a method 1 list. Take the last 4 digits of the PID on this method 1 frame and convert it from hexadecimal to decimal.

Divide this number by 656 and discard any remainder or the decimal portion of the result (ie round down).
That's for DPPt. In HGSS, instead of dividing by 656, use mod 99 (the remainder after dividing the last 4 PID digits by 99).

I am currently trying to RNG abuse at the Shinjo Ruins.
Since I did not see this on the first page, are the starting frames of giratina, dialga, and palkia all at 1?

I am currently trying to RNG abuse at the Shinjo Ruins.
Since I did not see this on the first page, are the starting frames of giratina, dialga, and palkia all at 1?
I've done it and yes they are. Calling Elm is the best way to advance the frame there.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
That's for DPPt. In HGSS, instead of dividing by 656, use mod 99 (the remainder after dividing the last 4 PID digits by 99).
hmm are you sure that you use 99? because I tried calculating the encounter slots for a few frames and the one I used didn't produce the pokemon for the slot I calculated. The seed is ED0E1B0E and the frame I used is frame 39. So I search for the frame -2 on the method 1 list for this seed which is frame 37 PID: 9AD72E64, so I converted the the last four digits to deciaml and got 11876, divided by 99 and got a remainder of 95, which translates to a slot 3 based on the list on the first page. Then on the list Route 47 slot 3 pokemon is supposed to be staryu. So i do my advancements using elm calls get to frame 36, sweet scent while surfing to advance by the last 3 and instead a seel appears which is supposed to appear only on slot 1.

I'm about to RNG Raikou at the Burned Tower, since it sounds like RNG-ing them via re-releasing them is harder. How can I verify that I've hit the right seed, since calling Elm and the Roamer method are not available at this point? P.S. does that 1 step I take to trigger the legendary dogs fleeing advance the frame?

I'm about to RNG Raikou at the Burned Tower, since it sounds like RNG-ing them via re-releasing them is harder. How can I verify that I've hit the right seed, since calling Elm and the Roamer method are not available at this point? P.S. does that 1 step I take to trigger the legendary dogs fleeing advance the frame?
The only thing you can really do is catch one of them to check. Also, any steps that trigger an event or lead you to another room NEVER advance the frame.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hmm are you sure that you use 99? because I tried calculating the encounter slots for a few frames and the one I used didn't produce the pokemon for the slot I calculated. The seed is ED0E1B0E and the frame I used is frame 39. So I search for the frame -2 on the method 1 list for this seed which is frame 37 PID: 9AD72E64, so I converted the the last four digits to deciaml and got 11876, divided by 99 and got a remainder of 95, which translates to a slot 3 based on the list on the first page. Then on the list Route 47 slot 3 pokemon is supposed to be staryu. So i do my advancements using elm calls get to frame 36, sweet scent while surfing to advance by the last 3 and instead a seel appears which is supposed to appear only on slot 1.
mingot is sure that it's mod 99. But if it didn't work, there's something missing I don't know about yet.

You can sweet scent and check the IVs of the Pokémon you catch. (Making sure to account for the frame advances this causes). You can skip the IV check if you can see that the Pokémon has the wrong nature/gender/characteristic, too. On mine, it got so I knew I had to encounter a level 14 male Rattata to hit my seed, and then check its nature to verify. Then do the remaining frame advances with the radio.

That's because delay doesn't start counting until 2-3 seconds after you start the game from the DS menu. This needs to be calibrated for and added to the second timer.

To reduce the amount of trial and error, here are my results: add 400 delay for HGSS, and 306 for Platinum. Don't know about DP.
I tried this, and i only got 3 extra seconds. Still not enough :( (10 seconds total)

You can sweet scent and check the IVs of the Pokémon you catch. (Making sure to account for the frame advances this causes). You can skip the IV check if you can see that the Pokémon has the wrong nature/gender/characteristic, too. On mine, it got so I knew I had to encounter a level 14 male Rattata to hit my seed, and then check its nature to verify. Then do the remaining frame advances with the radio.
Oh I see. How many frame advances does Sweet Scent-ing cause, by the way? And how were you able to tell what you needed to encounter to verify your seed? Unless you hit your seed at least once before and messed up on the frame advances?

So my first RNGd poke was great. But now, I'm trying to get an Empoleon and I can't seem to hit the right delay. Is there any way to influence the delay? I got lucky with my Rhyperior =.=

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I tried this, and i only got 3 extra seconds. Still not enough :( (10 seconds total)
You can't be calculating right, then.

Let's say I'm going for the bare minimum delay in HGSS, 490. Then I add 400 to account for the difference. It comes to 14.83 seconds. So you obviously can't be adding 400 to 717 delay and getting less than 10 seconds.

You can't be calculating right, then.

Let's say I'm going for the bare minimum delay in HGSS, 490. Then I add 400 to account for the difference. It comes to 14.83 seconds. So you obviously can't be adding 400 to 717 delay and getting less than 10 seconds.
Im not sure where i messed up... i think i forgot to add the 306 (im using platinum) but thanks! Im going to try again... and also, do the coin flips for checking if i hit my seed affect the RNG at all?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Im not sure where i messed up... i think i forgot to add the 306 (im using platinum) but thanks! Im going to try again... and also, do the coin flips for checking if i hit my seed affect the RNG at all?
It advances the egg PID RNG, but you're not using that most of the time.

Does the radio station 'Ben' advance the frame?
Ben is not a radio station, he's the DJ for Pokemon Music. Which has info listed in on the first page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)