Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Thanks for replying so soon Mingot. I was trying to figure it out while I watched a movie and then I watched your video again. It seems like I forgot to reset after I set the poketch to app #5. After I did that and found out my pokemons Iv's with Metalkids iv calculator both of the RNG reports worked. The action replay codes don't work to find the iv's with this because we have to reset right?

This is a great find. I joined Smogon because I was so impressed by it.

Thanks for replying so soon Mingot. I was trying to figure it out while I watched a movie and then I watched your video again. It seems like I forgot to reset after I set the poketch to app #5. After I did that and found out my pokemons Iv's with Metalkids iv calculator both of the RNG reports worked. The action replay codes don't work to find the iv's with this because we have to reset right?

This is a great find. I joined Smogon because I was so impressed by it.
You can just completely turn the game off to restart the action replay along with the game. Reseting and restarting your DS are the same thing, one is just slightly faster than the other

ero i failed on one that was only like 11 and 8. then i had one about 300 that i got to work (your unanimouse i'm still resetting)

i would recheck everything just to make sure. i was on method 3 by accident the other day and i'm 100% positive i clicked the right applet.

Actually, the program still can't find an initial seed on my laptop
Windows xp. It says "no matches found for the Iv's entered, Please check and try again." The thing is that when I typed the same Iv's into my home computer it worked but when I used my laptop the V4 said the above and the v3 doesn't do anything after i press find.

If anyone has any idea with what's wrong then it would be appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used metalkids iv calculator and I compared those iv's to what the action replay code showed me. The stats are shown in a different order with the code, HP, Att, Def, 'speed', Sp.Att, and Sp.Def. Instead of with speed last like it is on Metalkids IV checker.I was unaware that they showed up in a different order but now that i've looked into what might be wrong with the iv's I've found the problem. Maybe I'll be able to post soon saying that I hatched a shiny with this.
-------------------------
Yay! I tried this again and I only had to tap once and flip the coin 4 times. Then I put my houndour into the daycare with a ditto and after I hatched it, it was shiny!

how do you know for sure if the day care man has an egg for you?

I don't want to talk to him and risk messing up my thing, and my tangela eggs have been taking a while.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
When there's no egg there, the old man faces down. When there is an egg, he will face right.
Yes, but there're those cases when the old man is facing down but already has an egg, but that only happens when the egg is generated when you are in Solaceon Town.

Could someone explain how to use the RNG Reporter to get certain IVs for your egg, and not make it shiny in a perhaps a lamens term explanation?

Your settings might just be different. Iirc isn't there a way under the game's settings to mess with the talking speed of people?

EDIT: Speaking of which didn't someone post a link to an online timer you can use? Would someone mind linking me to that?

Yes, but there're those cases when the old man is facing down but already has an egg, but that only happens when the egg is generated when you are in Solaceon Town.
But if you leave Solaceon Town and come back, he'll be facing the right. So it doesn't really matter, if he is facing right after 'resetting' (Leaving and then re-entering) Solaceon Town, he has an egg.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
But if you leave Solaceon Town and come back, he'll be facing the right. So it doesn't really matter, if he is facing right after 'resetting' (Leaving and then re-entering) Solaceon Town, he has an egg.
Problem is if you didn't leave yet and think he doesn't have an egg yet, as what it seemed to be Monco's worries.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Hmm, is it just me or does Diamond and Pearl have a higher delay than Platinum?
I noticed that in Platinum, too. But the seconds I get for Platinum are nearly 3 times as much as Pearl's. My Pearl usually takes 14 seconds with 620 ish delay, while Platinum took 30+ seconds with 600 ish delay. D:

Am I tapping slower for Platinum? ._.

---

When I'm waiting for eggs, I'll usually try to ride my bike up and down between route 210 and solaceon, just to make sure I'm not missing the egg. There's no particular reason you need to keep riding around in Solaceon, is there?

I noticed that in Platinum, too. But the seconds I get for Platinum are nearly 3 times as much as Pearl's. My Pearl usually takes 14 seconds with 620 ish delay, while Platinum took 30+ seconds with 600 ish delay. D:

Am I tapping slower for Platinum? ._.

---

When I'm waiting for eggs, I'll usually try to ride my bike up and down between route 210 and solaceon, just to make sure I'm not missing the egg. There's no particular reason you need to keep riding around in Solaceon, is there?
I have this too. 600 for platinum, 620 for diamond.

2 questions:
1. Do i need to extract all the files from RNG reporter?
2.Can i save on a patch of water? I don't have rare candies and using AR is not an option either so i'm just going to catch the magikarp at the resort area.

I seem to be having some trouble with the Shiny Egg Trick. From what I can tell, there are a few things I could be doing wrong:

1. I could just be miscounting. Which is possible, because the natures I want usually require 2000+ taps.
2. The Gengars I'm trying to breed are from two different owners... but I don't think they're international.
3. Is something wrong if only 1 seed comes up? Because I have never gotten more than 1 seed option.
4. When I "double tap" I'm really just tapping repeatedly and counting how many times the Pokes jump. Does this matter? Should I just do two taps, wait for them to land, then two more taps?
5. The parents I'm using are hacked for perfect IV's, but as far as I can tell, they were hacked pretty well.
6. I do rounds of 50 or 100 taps, then go do something else. Sometimes I leave my DS on standby for days before I finish my set of taps. Does it all need to be done in one day or what?

I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it's pretty frustrating when I don't have a hacking device, so I have to manually check IV's every time, and then tap a whole lot. Any advice?

I seem to be having some trouble with the Shiny Egg Trick. From what I can tell, there are a few things I could be doing wrong:

1. I could just be miscounting. Which is possible, because the natures I want usually require 2000+ taps.
2. The Gengars I'm trying to breed are from two different owners... but I don't think they're international.
3. Is something wrong if only 1 seed comes up? Because I have never gotten more than 1 seed option.
4. When I "double tap" I'm really just tapping repeatedly and counting how many times the Pokes jump. Does this matter? Should I just do two taps, wait for them to land, then two more taps?
5. The parents I'm using are hacked for perfect IV's, but as far as I can tell, they were hacked pretty well.
6. I do rounds of 50 or 100 taps, then go do something else. Sometimes I leave my DS on standby for days before I finish my set of taps. Does it all need to be done in one day or what?

I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it's pretty frustrating when I don't have a hacking device, so I have to manually check IV's every time, and then tap a whole lot. Any advice?
1 is the main reason why I was having trouble with this at first. I suggest trying something with less taps for a test, and seeing if that comes out shiny to confirm if thats the only reason.
2. Different owners shouldn't affect anything. You can test if they count as international though by putting an everstone on the female, and if it doesn't pass on the nature ~50% of the time, than its an intl. pairing.
3. Only 1 seed coming up is perfectly normal. The latest version of RNG Reporter was updated to not display the monster seed or the seeds with high delays/offsets, so 1 coming up is normal now. This can mess you up though if you take a long time before hitting A to continue or have a huge amount of time between starting the game and catching the first wild pokemon, but most people don't run into that.
4. Shouldn't affect anything. I've actually been doing that myself just because I find the jumps/noises easier to count than the tapping.
5. This shouldn't affect anything from what I know of the trick.
6. This shouldn't affect anything either from what I've read over the RNG thing, though I've never done it myself. Putting it on standby for that long doesnt advance the iRNG though, so it should be ok.

Another potential thing that could be messing you up is having the wrong SID for some reason. If the Pokemon you hatch has the right nature and gender, but isn't shiny, than you might want to double-check that the SID is correct.

I don't have a hacking device either and managed to do this successfully on my Diamond cart, though still need to try it on Platinum. Can't really think of much other advice that wasn't already posted in that post though.

Thanks for the help. Sounds like I just fail at counting then. I'm sure I have the right SID, got it from two sources. I think I'll give it one more try after my two midterms on Tuesday.

For everyone that's having problems, just do a non shiny egg with a specific gender/nature/ability to confirm your methods, it shouldn't be hard after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)