Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm currently SR'ing for this:

2614026B | 2009 05 05 | 20:00:13 | 610 | 5 | 31/31/31/A(31)/B(31)/B(31)

I've hit the frame BEFORE my target frame 8 times, and the frame AFTER my target 5 times now. So my question is, is there a set that is impossible to get? It seems as though whenever I get my offset correct, my delay is off, but when I get the delay correct the offset is 3, 4, or 6. It's seriously annoying.

I need some quick help. I'm saved in the Heatran room. I SR'ed and used Syberia's coin flip trick and have now verified that I have hit the right seed. So here's my situation:
  • I have the right syncher in the lead
  • I have 5 pokes in my party
  • My Offset is 922
I really don't wanna mess this up, so here are my questions:
  1. Switching to the step counter will NOT affect anything right?
  2. If I open my journal and there is a poke listed on the first page that comes up, does that count as a "flip"?
  3. Since my offset is even, I have to walk 128 steps to advance my frame by 5 (the number of pokes in my party)?
  4. Soooo...this my calculation:
    • Offset = 922
    • Walking = -5
    • Heatran = -1
    • 922 - 5 - 1 = 916
    • Divide by 2 to get journal flips:
    • 916 / 2 = 458 flips?
1. Correct, it won't affect anything.
2. Yes, that counts as a flip.
3. yes
4. You're calculations are correct. If you have a runner out, it would increase heatran's offset by 1. I think that would be 920 flips if you have a runner.

Tortured Soul: We are not sure about it but it may be possible because this has happened to several people. Riddlinkid, me and you is all I know about. If this happens again, write down all the info you can, what targer you are going for and then all the info for the frame you actually hit.

1. Correct, it won't affect anything.
2. Yes, that counts as a flip.
3. yes
4. You're calculations are correct. If you have a runner out, it would increase heatran's offset by 1. I think that would be 920 flips if you have a runner.

Tortured Soul: We are not sure about it but it may be possible because this has happened to several people. Riddlinkid, me and you is all I know about. If this happens again, write down all the info you can, what targer you are going for and then all the info for the frame you actually hit.
ok, well.

Target spread:

2614026B | 2009 05 05 | 20:00:13 | 610 | 5 | 31/31/31/A/B/B

Spreads I have been getting:

2614026A | 2009 05 05 | 20:00:13 | 609 | 5 | 30/A/5/17/A/13 (Over 20 times now)

2614026C | 2009 05 05 | 20:00:13 | 611 | 5 | B/29/A/15/A/5 (Over 10 times also)

It also seems, that everytime I don't get one of these 2 spreads, the offset changes to 4. Then, without resaving, the offset changes back to 5 the next reset and I get one of those two spreads once again.

ok, well.

Target spread:

2614026B | 2009 05 05 | 20:00:13 | 610 | 5 | 31/31/31/A/B/B

Spreads I have been getting:

2614026A | 2009 05 05 | 20:00:13 | 609 | 5 | 30/A/5/17/A/13 (Over 20 times now)

2614026C | 2009 05 05 | 20:00:13 | 611 | 5 | B/29/A/15/A/5 (Over 10 times also)

It also seems, that everytime I don't get one of these 2 spreads, the offset changes to 4. Then, without resaving, the offset changes back to 5 the next reset and I get one of those two spreads once again.
Have you ever gotten 610 but the wrong offset? I'm asking this because you are having a different problem. Most people only get even or odd offsets in a game and sometimes it changes. You can't hit yours because you are stuck on odd offsets. One thing you can try is taking out/ inserting a GBA game or resaving may change it.

Have you ever gotten 610 but the wrong offset? I'm asking this because you are having a different problem. Most people only get even or odd offsets in a game and sometimes it changes. You can't hit yours because you are stuck on odd offsets. One thing you can try is taking out/ inserting a GBA game or resaving may change it.
I have resaved, about 10 times. The same thing happens continuously. I might just try find another 31 x 6 spread on a different offset. (6 has one)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I plan to attempt reseting for a lv50 naive heatran using a synchronizer but I am still so unclear as to how the whole thing works. I understand that if I can get to as far as where I'm standing in front of heatran, I just enter into mingot's RNG reporter at least my ID, year and desired minimum IVs. I understand desireable delay of 600 is about 10 seconds and offset is based on my walking or scrolling through diary. Am I missing something? Is there a youtube video that demonstrates how this works?

I need help. Im trying to Hatch shiny's which ive done it before using the method but the last few trys it hasnt been working. I Get the nature, gender, and ability it the program says, but no shiny. I Click the shiny box and dppt egg pid normal, i get exact iv's i make sure i click the closest delay ive tried it with version 4.10 and 4.20 but both fail for me.

I need help. Im trying to Hatch shiny's which ive done it before using the method but the last few trys it hasnt been working. I Get the nature, gender, and ability it the program says, but no shiny. I Click the shiny box and dppt egg pid normal, i get exact iv's i make sure i click the closest delay ive tried it with version 4.10 and 4.20 but both fail for me.
You probaly entered the wrong ID/SID.

Did you make sure you CAREFULLY tap and flip?

Also, I'm sure somebody already answered, but I'm going to ask anyways: In what wasy does the Journal ACTUALLY have to be used? The thing you got at the beginning of the game.

the only way that could happen is if you had the wrong SID, it happened to me once too because i had a 4 digit sid and put the 0 after the 4 numbers

I made sure the id and sid are correct i checked that this morning after i failed the first time.

I also am carefully tapping and flipping.
It's just not shiny but everything else is what it should be.
If you use an R4 or any other DS flash cart, do you mind uploading your save and give me the link to it?

I'll give it a try on your game and see if it works or not.

If you use an R4 or any other DS flash cart, do you mind uploading your save and give me the link to it?

I'll give it a try on your game and see if it works or not.
I use that but i cant upload it to this computer. Other computers internet isnt working. Im going to try it one more time on a differnt cart and if that works then it's just my fault for screwing up somehow

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
the only way that could happen is if you had the wrong SID, it happened to me once too because i had a 4 digit sid and put the 0 after the 4 numbers
Same here. I kept getting eggs that were the right nature and gender but not shiny, and then mingot recalculated my SID and I realized I had added extra zeros where they didn't belong *_*

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was experiencing some strange offset-related behavior with Cresselia this morning. I'd save in front of Cress, hit my required delay/time (verified with coin flips), then walk 128 steps. However, when I did my journal flips, I ended up with frame 331 (one too far from what I was aiming for).

With no steps or journal flips, Cresselia was offset 5 like it's supposed to be.
With 128 steps (1 pokemon in party), it was offset 7 (supposed to be 6).
With 256 steps, it was still offset 7.
With 310 steps, I got offset 8, which I could finally work with.

I used the in-game step counter for all of this. And while I was doing this, my delays kept shifting between evens and odds, there was no consistency like there normally is. I have no idea what happened to cause this, but it wasn't what I expected.

I need some quick help. I'm saved in the Heatran room. I SR'ed and used Syberia's coin flip trick and have now verified that I have hit the right seed. So here's my situation:
  • I have the right syncher in the lead
  • I have 5 pokes in my party
  • My Offset is 922
I really don't wanna mess this up, so here are my questions:
  1. Switching to the step counter will NOT affect anything right?
  2. If I open my journal and there is a poke listed on the first page that comes up, does that count as a "flip"?
  3. Since my offset is even, I have to walk 128 steps to advance my frame by 5 (the number of pokes in my party)?
  4. Soooo...this my calculation:
    • Offset = 922
    • Walking = -5
    • Heatran = -1
    • 922 - 5 - 1 = 916
    • Divide by 2 to get journal flips:
    • 916 / 2 = 458 flips?
So after you do the flips, do you just encounter the pokemon, or do you have to reset?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ Syberia - Sorry not sure whats going on there. Delay is bizarre sometime. Since it seems controllable enough it has not been the priority, but one day.

@ Omega Donut - Ok, here, finally is what is going on.

Basically when you check your offset in the initial seed finder it is the number of RNG calls between the initial seed and the the rng call that started the creation of the Pokemon you caught. It's basically the Method 1 frame number (off by two, but in the next version it will actually be the same as the Method 1 frame). I was initially skeptical it had any real use because it was not method J, but then it hit me why everyone who tested scenting with Method J got inconsistent results. I'd overlooked the fact that Method J shows things out of order.

Notice if you generate Method J the same spreads will repeat. Now this is a good way to visualize things and it works out that if you advance the RNG by the frame number you get the Method J Pokemon as expected. But the next Pokemon after that capture is NOT a fixed number of Method J frames ahead, but is in fact a fixed number of Method 1 Frames ahead!

So to find the next Pokemon you will encounter after a sweet scent works like this (whether it's the initial seed window or just a Method 1 listing):

1. Scent Pokemon
2. Find Pokemon on Method 1 List
3. Add 7 or 8 to the Method 1 Frame number (grass / cave. water)
4. Generate Method J
5. Go to the frame number we calculated in step 3

You can keep doing this as many times as you would like to advance the RNG.

Some things to note:

The next version of RNG reporter will definitely have parity between the offset in the initial seed finder and the Method 1 list.

If I have time before the next release I am also considering adding an offset field to the Method J listing to show what the "landing frame" will be if you catch a particular Pokemon. It would basically act as a forward pointer to let you know where you will end up. So then you would just add the 7 or 8 to this number to "predict" the next Method J frame. This would save the trouble of having to flip back and forth between the two generation methods.

Thanks for bringing all of this up, scenting will be another great tool and I'd totally fucked up the testing methodolgy for it and had pretty much written it off. Cheers.

EDIT: OH AND I MADE THIS :) Anyone think it could be helpful to have it redone by someone with some talent and used to illustrate the Delay/Time concepts?

My offset for Heatran seems to change per day(though all the info is the same). The day before yesterday it was two, yesterday one. Today I can't check because Metalkid is offline >.> But I'm still not hitting my spread.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Yeah, it's only pokemon caught that advances it. Nothing else is known to.
So I didn't get the Heatran I was going for. It came out as if I went over on flipping the journal pages. You mentioned that pages with pokes traded over wifi don't seem to affect anything, but what about stuff traded over the union room? I did some poke transfering between my 2 DS's before starting out on Heatran, and then my jornal taps ended up wrong.

D:
It didn't work for me.
The number I tapped the application is correct,
My SID is correct (I used my wild not-chained not-bred swinub)
Everything is correct.
I also use R4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)