Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

This may be a dumb question, but is attempting to perform the calibration phase and eventual attempting at IV abuse largely pointless if you're unable to SR (L and R buttons don't work)?

Darkblader @ You can always hard reset instead of soft resetting.
gamelover777 @ I don't think that would be really necessary, you can just search it up it 5 seconds.

edited for clarity

For shiny eggs, does it matter if you change back to the daycare app on the poketch after flipping the coin? and would saving (but not resetting) before the egg is created change anything on the RNG?

Don't change anything after you flip the coin. Go to the daycare, put the pokemon in and as you ride past the daycare man, if he's facing towards the road then he has an egg. (If he's facing down, he doesn't) Then save in front of him, as the egg has already been generated, so the shininess won't go missing if you turn it off.

@gamelover: No

Does touching a poke while happy tapping(yes that's what I call it)
Affect teh IRNG?
Thanks!
Nope.
For shiny eggs, does it matter if you change back to the daycare app on the poketch after flipping the coin? and would saving (but not resetting) before the egg is created change anything on the RNG?
As long as you don't go to the happiness checker, because switching to it counts as a tap. You can just cycle until the daycare man faces right which means he has an egg.

Saving does not affect the IRNG.

Adding to what tortured Soul said, after you have saved in front of the guy with the egg, you are still able to trade and stuff. Basically you SR, dont pick up the egg, go and do the trade (you can use PC), go back infront of the guy and continue SRing, just thought this was worth pointing out.

EDIT: Ok something really weird is happening, i am not getting any shinies (well the occasional 8000 frame one) when i do Dppt Egg (international), i have SRd like 20 times, and i am not getting like any shinies, whereas before hand, i would get like 10 or so below 10 000, is it the RNG Reporter or am i doing something wrong?

EDIT: Ok so randomly its working now, like 17 spreads under 10 000

I have a question. Say I know what the seed I want for the Pokémon I want is. How would I calculate the time I need to set the DS to, and the journal flips etc needed from that? I tried using the 'Seed to Time' function in RNG Reporter, but it just came up with an error (and yes, I did input the seed correctly)...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a question. Say I know what the seed I want for the Pokémon I want is. How would I calculate the time I need to set the DS to, and the journal flips etc needed from that? I tried using the 'Seed to Time' function in RNG Reporter, but it just came up with an error (and yes, I did input the seed correctly)...
I don't bother with the Seed to Time function; I just play around with the Simple Seed Generator in the Seed Finder until I find a matching date and time.

XXXXXXXX

The part in red is equal to Month x Date.
The part in blue is equal to the hour.
The part in is equal to the delay plus the last two digits of the year.
The part in black is always 0.

Of course, you have to convert the numbers to hexadecimal first before plugging it into the seed.

What seed were you trying to input?

I SRed a Moltres at frame 3700 yesterday, it's not too bad if you use something like Excel to keep track of your journal flips and flip the coin to determine if you hit your seed or not. That way, you only have to go through the journal flips once (unless you miscount, which is a bitch) instead of every time you reset.
So it's possible to get the Birds on Platinum?

What method are they?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Any non-wild Pokemon is Method 1. The three are a bit of a special case because Moltres is produced first, then Zapdos comes five frames later, and Articuno five frames after that.

Any non-wild Pokemon is Method 1. The three are a bit of a special case because Moltres is produced first, then Zapdos comes five frames later, and Articuno five frames after that.
Hmmm...so:

Moltres: Frame 1
Zapdos: Frame 6
Articuno: Frame 11

Well, I'm aksing because in Platinum we can get better ones then in FireRed/LeafGreen. Anyway, I will try it out when I have all the other Legends.

Just a quick question, does talking to the Day Care Man advance the RNG at all? Because I just tried my first attempt yesterday, and I didn't get the shiny. I was going for one w/ quiet nature, but it ended in something else and I saw one that was very close to the shiny with all of the same info as what I got on the game (gender, ability, etc). I didn't know about how if he had an egg that he would face the road, so I talked to him a couple of times, which I think was my mistake.

Talking to the Day Care man advances the IRNG only if he has an egg for you, and I don't know what happens if you don't accept it. If no one has tested that, I might the next time I try a shiny breed.

Just a quick question, does talking to the Day Care Man advance the RNG at all? Because I just tried my first attempt yesterday, and I didn't get the shiny. I was going for one w/ quiet nature, but it ended in something else and I saw one that was very close to the shiny with all of the same info as what I got on the game (gender, ability, etc). I didn't know about how if he had an egg that he would face the road, so I talked to him a couple of times, which I think was my mistake.
Nope i did it to check the compatibility of my parents

works fine

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What seed and error, please?

EDIT: Found that the dialog could give an error if the seed did not have a valid hours portion. Added a test/clearer message to avoid the crash bug for release in the next version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 33)