Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I can't fricking figure out how to get me my shiny Dialga :( I'm saved right before it but can't quite figure out the fricking method to doing it and I'm quite sick of SRing for it >_>

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After RNG abusing for all my legendaries in Diamond other than Dialga (which I caught ages ago), I believe all Method J legends have a starting frame of 1, and the Mesprit/Cresselia have a starting frame of 5. The only one not yet recorded on the list that I've abused is Regigigas, which does have a starting frame of 1.

So Regigigas is 1 and you've also done the other regi's and confirmed that they are one? I'd like to record this if possible so let me know :)

Also, is there anything that doesn't involve interpreting the game code that I might be able to do to help investigate for Wonder Card exploiting?

I'd research other peoples research for this one. Start searching around to see what has already been written on it.

Extremely minor RNG Reporter nitpick: While running a large search (in particular finding a flawless Timid HP Ice 70 spread, which I know will have either huge delay or frame number), the number of seeds searched will overflow and go negative. I don't think this affects the functionality at all, but I might as well bring it up anyway.

Hehe, > 4 billion and some change items searched ... I'll get this fixed, thanks.
While the walking seems to work when I'm in a cave with azelf, I can't seem to get it to work when I'm trying the same thing with a wild pokemon that requires fishing as I keep getting an odd number instead of a desired even number. I also believe that fishing and each "not even a nibble" consumes a certain number of seeds, not sure if its odd or even when it does that.
There will definitely be an RNG call for the fishing. This is a good research opp for someone, as it would be nice to know the method J offset of fishing which will tell us how many seeds are consumed.

Probably need multiple tries to see if each time you get the '...' is another call or if it is just the one.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
So Regigigas is 1 and you've also done the other regi's and confirmed that they are one? I'd like to record this if possible so let me know :)
Regigigas for sure, but I can't speak for the regular Regis because I was abusing on Diamond. (My event Regigigas is trapped behind a Shaymin I'd like to RNG abuse at some point. I should get on wifi and trade for a movie Gigas...)

I'll snoop around the internet and see what I can find about the wondercards...

Can you do Method J without a synchronizer? I've done 2 attempts now, and the second one was very low journal taps that I KNOW I didn't mess up (Used coin flips to make sure I had the right delay too) and I'm not hitting my spread. Should I just find a syncher?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, you can do it without a syncher, but you have to make sure you generate with the syncher set to None to get a correct frame number, as they will be wildly different. And remember not every spread can be hit with no syncher, but you can verify just by finding it on the generated list that it will be.

Yes, you can do it without a syncher, but you have to make sure you generate with the syncher set to None to get a correct frame number, as they will be wildly different. And remember not every spread can be hit with no syncher, but you can verify just by finding it on the generated list that it will be.
so, I used the website to find my spread, which has an offset of 311. so, I subtraced 1, and got 310 for the intial (Uxie). Then, I divide by 2, and get 155 Journal flips. I've done it 3 times now, and got a Bashful with crap IVs each time, so, I'm betting I can't get this one without a syncher. Sound about right?

EDIT: I go into DPPt Capture in time finder, and, this spread isn't even popping up in there, despite that it's in the spread sheet and the site. I'm really confused now.

EDIT2: SO, as the OP said, I searched my seed in Method J, and, found the Bashful junk I got every time. No Impish spread to be found. In RNG Reporter, it does pop up in DPPt Capture with a Syncher. I found my answer, thanks again Mingot.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
How do you use Quick Hatch when trying to soft reset for IVs? The instructions have you soft reset which clears all previous codes you may have selected, so I assume you have to hard reset instead. Since you have to hard reset how do you go about calibrating, since when you have the AR in your ds you can't change any times or dates?

mingot

free agent
so, I used the website to find my spread, which has an offset of 311. so, I subtraced 1, and got 310 for the intial (Uxie). Then, I divide by 2, and get 155 Journal flips. I've done it 3 times now, and got a Bashful with crap IVs each time, so, I'm betting I can't get this one without a syncher. Sound about right?

EDIT: I go into DPPt Capture in time finder, and, this spread isn't even popping up in there, despite that it's in the spread sheet and the site. I'm really confused now.

EDIT2: SO, as the OP said, I searched my seed in Method J, and, found the Bashful junk I got every time. No Impish spread to be found. In RNG Reporter, it does pop up in DPPt Capture with a Syncher. I found my answer, thanks again Mingot.
Yep, it's one you can't get without a sycher. Even if you could, though, it would NOT be on the same frame as the spreadsheet. Those are generated with method 1, so the thing to *always* do is to take that seed and generate for Method J and find the correct frame there.

Yep, it's one you can't get without a sycher. Even if you could, though, it would NOT be on the same frame as the spreadsheet. Those are generated with method 1, so the thing to *always* do is to take that seed and generate for Method J and find the correct frame there.
ok, now, my next question, I popped four results. Frames 298, 302, 304, 306 with the syncher. Are all of them correct, or, only one of them? When I got Azelf, I did the lowest one, and it worked, so, I'm inclined to do that again, but, I don't want to mess up for a 4th time.

mingot

free agent
All of them will work.

Also, I made a note in the OP by the spreadsheet informing people that they need to generate with Method J to get a proper target frame.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Quick internet search for wondercard RNG abuse led me to only everything discussed on page 43 of this thread - the breakpoints page, the algorithm for the IRNG, and tsanth's gamefaqs thread. If there's anything meaningful out there, it's likely either very deeply hidden in the search results or it's in Japanese (since I don't know Japanese, I'm going to have trouble searching for Japanese pages).

I'll keep my eyes open, but the outlook is not so good. :-/ to the max.

mingot

free agent
@ Eep - Check the pokemonproject.org forums and articles. Quite a bit of research has actually been done in this area, mainly by SCV and probably tsanth as well.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding anything that we haven't seen already in this thread. For completeness's sake, I'll list the links I've found.

http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Notable_Breakpoints
http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/PRNG_in_Pokémon
http://projectpokemon.org/games/mechanics.php?m=shinyprevention (SCV says the PID is based on the ARNG/IRNG rather than the standard PRNG)

I checked their forums, and none of SCV's 192 posts seem relevant to the task at hand.

I suspect the transition from pokesav.org to the new site caused whatever data there could have been to disappear.

The Following post details information about my problems with IV Breeding Abuse

So I have this problem.
I need to track down a frame of Five. Is there a way to do this, or do I just keep resetting, going back, and saving?

The Following post details information about my problems with IV Breeding Abuse

So I have this problem.
I need to track down a frame of Five. Is there a way to do this, or do I just keep resetting, going back, and saving?
I usually just watch until the Buneary in the Day Care yard is at the far left (almost entirely invisible and off-screen), then save. Then I wait a few seconds so I can try to see any NPCs moving after when I saved. If none that I can see move, or move very little, I shut off the game and use that as my "offset" point. If I see them move around a bunch, I wait until the Buneary's to the far left again and save again. Eventually this will get you a consistent point.

My offset is usually five though so that isn't too hard for me

Argh, I just hatched an Elekid. It was the Correct Nature, Gender......but it was NOT shiny. What might cause this to happen?
You have an error somewhere. Either SID, not check shiny, or taps

crayon - Try things out, don't just ask everything. You have to check what frame you get. If its the wrong one, just re-save and try again.

crayon - Try things out, don't just ask everything. You have to check what frame you get. If its the wrong one, just re-save and try again.
Okay. I just wanted to know if I completely missed some ground breaking news that tells how the NPCs move or something and I wanted to make sure I wasnt wasting my time.

Thanks for all your help guys!

EDIT: Got the frame now.
Yeah. Just missed my target by 2 in delay, and I only get odd. D:

EDIT2: I hit my delay. Then I missed my offset by being a millisecond too slow D:

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure I did the taps correctly, as I also hatched a Charmander, and it was the same problem. Correct nature, correct gender, non-shiny. So I guess the person who gave me my SID made a mistake?
Possibly. One possibility not mentioned: do you have an Everstone attached? If so, remove it.

Okay, I read the first page and I'm very VERY confused...

Basically, all you have to do is get a time when to get the egg and discover your delay/seconds right?

Well, I put that in and I put in the spread that I want... But instead of hatching a Adamant (how are sex and nature determined anyways? I gave the mother an everstone, but I'm gonna guess that this method sort of goes through that...) Heracross with Guts and 31s across the board, I get an Impish Heracross with Swarm and only 3 31s (the rest of the stats seem to be 29s).
I'm sure the 31s are from the parents, but what gives?
What am I doing wrong?

(btw, I've been trying over and over with the same time, hoping to get a different seed for a different result, but I keep on getting the SAME EXACT THING!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)