Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I did that and the Time and Date pop up comes up.

Does that mean my Time and Date are wrong? I dont udnerstand becuase I do it correctly. You are supposed to obtain the time from your monitor right? Or is it the time in game? I dont understand..
I'm having the same problem, even though I have everything, meaning my watch, my computer, and my DS, synchronized. I put in the time, put in the stats and nature, and it says "no reasonable initial seed found. Please check DATE and TIME."

I'm having the same problem, even though I have everything, meaning my watch, my computer, and my DS, synchronized. I put in the time, put in the stats and nature, and it says "no reasonable initial seed found. Please check DATE and TIME."
Yea, thats the message I get. Ill try again...ugh..ingame time..thats like..15 or something here x-x

Alright, I Synchronized my Time to the Ds. Ill check now.

So I'm thinking about going for a sweet-scented pokemon so I can catch it in a cool ball, but I'm not sure about one thing: Is it possible to determine which pokemon you'll get when you Sweet Scent or is it random?

So I'm thinking about going for a sweet-scented pokemon so I can catch it in a cool ball, but I'm not sure about one thing: Is it possible to determine which pokemon you'll get when you Sweet Scent or is it random?
Im pretty sure its random..

I tried it and I got the same result as TheChuff

Does that mean my Time and Date are wrong? I dont udnerstand becuase I do it correctly. You are supposed to obtain the time from your monitor right? Or is it the time in game? I dont understand..
The time and date of your DS at the moment you press A on the Continue screen. Double check your DS date, as it may be different than todays actual date, and make sure that you've filled the correct items in. Also make sure that you are using the 24-hour clock system. These probably seem like little obvious things that you're sure you've done right, but I often find my problems arise from little details like these.

The time and date of your DS at the moment you press A on the Continue screen. Double check your DS date, as it may be different than todays actual date, and make sure that you've filled the correct items in. Also make sure that you are using the 24-hour clock system. These probably seem like little obvious things that you're sure you've done right, but I often find my problems arise from little details like these.
I synchronized my time to be the exact same as what my monitor says. Ill check the date, I never noticed that one.

Everything else Iv done correct because Iv tried multiple times :/

I checked the Date, its fine. Sat, May 30th.

I have all of that right.

Hmm, does it not work in a cave? Should I go right outside Stark Mountain, rather than inside it?

Hmm, does it not work in a cave? Should I go right outside Stark Mountain, rather than inside it?
In a cave what the? o-o

Um, I thought that as long as you did the whole investigation and got the Seed then put the Id, Sid and clicked generate, you could put any poke in the daycare and get the shiny. (not necessarly the poke you caught)

In a cave what the? o-o

Um, I thought that as long as you did the whole investigation and got the Seed then put the Id, Sid and clicked generate, you could put any poke in the daycare and get the shiny. (not necessarly the poke you caught)
The initial seed finder. I'm thinking maybe you have to be outside for it to work.

Oh. Iv done them outside. I dont know though.

Anyone have the same troubles Im having with this? Also can you answer my question on my last reply?

I have this data.
Frame: 8
Seconds: 16
Delay: 595-620

Now I have a spread on the Time Finder I want to hit but its not working. Is that just because the delay is random? Do I have to keep reseting it till I get the spread I want? Or can I get the delay a certain number? I just need to figure out how to reset for the ivs here and I will get how to do the whole process.

Delay is semi-random. Basically, you just have to keep resetting, since your delay is not constant.

Like it says in the OP, delay is the time between resetting and pressing continue. Your delay goes up by about 60 per second (estimated), so you'll just have to keep trying.

Try working on physically getting the same delay, meaning, keep resetting until your delays get really close together.

Is there any way I can reset and still be able to check ivs with my AR? Cuz what I do to reset is turn off the DS and put my AR in then press start on the AR at exactly 00 seconds so I keep my seconds constant. I works for the seconds but not the delay for some reason.

Cuz what I do to reset is turn off the DS and put my AR in then press start on the AR at exactly 00 seconds so I keep my seconds constant. I works for the seconds but not the delay for some reason.
I do that. Delay is still "semi-random", it's in no way correlated with time really.

EDIT: To answer MrSableye's question, yes

Could anyone help me in my 'Hatch perfect pokemon project' ?

I've collected the data that I need to hatch a perfect pokemon, the question is, how can I hit the target frame and delay??

Here is the data that I obtained
----------------------------------------------------------------

Data from the initial calibration phase are:

Seconds: 12
Delays: 600-610

Frame from the frame calibration phase:

Parent's IVs:
A: 27 / 0 / 10 / 31 / 31 / 31
B: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Baby's desired IVs: 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

Year: 2009
Month June(6)

After that, using the time finder, I searched the result on frame 8, 10, and 12
This was the data after I tried all the frame I mentioned before

SEED: E4110262
DATE: 2009-06-30
TIME: 17:36:12
DELAY: 601
FRAME: 10
SPREAD: 31/30/30/A/A/A

About the frame, if the first page(without flipping), showed that I've caught a pokemon, will that page advanced my frame from 8 to 10??

For the Delay, I really dunno how to hit that '601' delays.

Could anyone help me in my 'Hatch perfect pokemon project' ?

I've collected the data that I need to hatch a perfect pokemon, the question is, how can I hit the target frame and delay??

Here is the data that I obtained
----------------------------------------------------------------

Data from the initial calibration phase are:

Seconds: 12
Delays: 600-610

Frame from the frame calibration phase:

Parent's IVs:
A: 27 / 0 / 10 / 31 / 31 / 31
B: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

Baby's desired IVs: 31 / 30 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31

Month June(6)

After that, using the time finder, I searched the result on frame 8, 10, and 12
This was the data after I tried all the frame I mentioned before

SEED: E4110262
DATE: 2009-06-30
TIME: 17:36:12
DELAY: 601
FRAME: 10
SPREAD: 31/30/30/A/A/A

About the frame, if the first page(without flipping), showed that I've caught a pokemon, will that page advanced my frame from 8 to 10??

Im pretty sure the frame doesn't change unless you actually flip the page. And for the delay I think its mostly about getting lucky by landing on your delay number that you want. I might be wrong.

Im pretty sure the frame doesn't change unless you actually flip the page. And for the delay I think its mostly about getting lucky by landing on your delay number that you want. I might be wrong.
No, if you start the game, and the Journal is open to a page with a caught pokemon, it advances by 2 seed. It's in the OP.

Is 'delay = something that increases every second?'
So what is the actual delay per second?

In my opinion, I dun think it's 60 delay per second, but about 48-55 delay per second.

I would appreciate someone who can create a counter for the delay

Is 'delay = something that increases every second?'
So what is the actual delay per second?

In my opinion, I dun think it's 60 delay per second, but about 48-55 delay per second.

I would appreciate someone who can create a counter for the delay
Delay is faster than that, it's about 1 second is ABOUT 100 delay, but, it's not even accurate. You just need to keep trying.

Oh yeah, another question I forgot to ask,

About the coin flips, can I really depend on that?
From the data I've collected, the flips are H,H,H,H,T,H,H,T,H,H

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It means that either the IVs/Stats you entered are wrong, the date and time you entered are wrong, or you did not immediately catch a Pokemon. Nothing more, nothing less. In 99% of the cases it's the hour that the person has entered incorrectly. Switch to the digital clock Poketch app and use that, it's already in 24 hour format and is the time on your DS. Of course the information should be correct, it's just HIGHLY likely that you have entered the hours incorrectly.

It works with any Pokemon you capture/fish.

'mkay. So, if I encounter Giratina (in Turnback Cave), the frame goes up by one?
No. If you capture Giratina in turnback cave it will be on Frame 1 (assuming you do not have runners out).

About the frame, if the first page(without flipping), showed that I've caught a pokemon, will that page advanced my frame from 8 to 10?

No. It actually advances it from 6 to 8, assuming you did frame calibration with this page coming up each time. So consider 8 your starting frame and know that you need to advance it from there. ie. you already accounted for the automatic advance from having the page up.

If you are always getting even numbers you can try removing or inserting a 3rd gen (R/S/E/Fr/Lg) cart into slot-2. This will usually switch your delay.

Yes, why would we lie? Coin flips are a great way to determine if you have properly hit your initial seed and if you generate adjacent results you should be able to find what seed you did hit if you screw up.

Also, right click on the egg time finder, there is a nice tool there for finding your starting seed from coin flips. It's not documented in the steps at this point as it's a recent addition to RNG Reporter.

----

NOTE: RNG Reporter 5.20 was released a little while ago.

- Add hidden powers to the method 1 IVs output
- Add open search to the initial seed finder
- Write new CSV output for method 1 (wondercard) IVs
- Split egg IVs CSV classes to remove time from DPPt
- FIX: Seed to time seed textbox no longer accepts more than 8 characters
- FIX: Main seed textbox no longer accepts more than 8 characters
- FIX: Offset column not honoring offset checkbox in stat seed finder.
- FIX: often scatters things/scatters things often were broken in IV checker.
- FIX: Blank seed no longer crashes seed to time.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus

Yes, it works, as mingot has stated, and from personal experience :>
In case it's somehow unclear, you should start tabbing the flips from the first coin flip you do, and not the side that shows up when you flip to App 15~

Thanks for the update, mingot <: I look forward to trying the new version.

Coin flips are odd for me, last night all 10 flips in a row were the same as the spreads, so I took the egg and hatched it at Ravaged Path but it didn't have the IVs I wanted. Why?
Be more descriptive- Where are you getting the target coin flips from? What seed are you aiming for? Are you hitting the right frame?

You ask questions every time something doesn't work out, and just say "It didn't work, what went wrong?" That is not helpful at all. There are any number of things that you might have done incorrectly, but we have no idea which of those you did without more specifics.

I'm happy to help, but you need to help me help you.

When you click on DPPT Time Finder and go on Egg IVs, you can put in all that stuff, so what I have entered is :

Month: 5
Second: 10
Frame: 16
Min Delay: 602
Max Delay: 602
HP: 31
ATK: 31
DEF: 31
SPA: 31
SPD: 31
SPE: 31

Then I click generate and get this:

Seed: 4E050263
Date: 2009 05 13
Time: 05:03:10
Delay: 602
Frame: 16
IVs: 31/31/29/A/B/A
Flips: H,T,T,T,T,T,T,H,H,H

So I set my date to 2009 05 13, put my DS time to 05:02:00, turned off turned on, got into the game, SRed when time hit 05:02:55, it takes me 15 seconds to reset, A on continue at 05:03:10, quickly press B to cancel journal, collect egg, turn to coin flip, I did the flips and it went H,T,T,T,T,T,T,H,H,H so I went to Pokemon Center, got out a Magmar, and hatched the egg in Ravaged Path, then flew Veilstone to check Hidden Power for IV checking and the IV's were not the ones above. Is that enough information?
It says frame 16. There is no way you can get to frame 16 without doing journal flips. Check the IVs of the hatched pokemon and find them on the list to find what your frame is and figure out how many flips you need to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)