Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I always get an even number, and my target delay is 601(which is odd)
I don't have any pokemon cartridge to put in my slot 2.

Is there any other way to switch my delay from even to odd??
or should I look for another spread which the delay is even??

Hi, I was wondering how RNG Reporter remembers the ID and SID, because I just deleted 5.10, and downloaded (after I deleted 5.10) and I opened it, and I saw that it has the same ID/SID. Does it create a registry key?

for the runners which advance your frame, if you havent caught them yet but you can't catch them because your not far enough in the game will your frame still be affected?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For now we know how to RNG-abuse for legendaries, grass, caves, water and a little about fishing. But what about Pokéradar?
Hardly anything at this point.

for the runners which advance your frame, if you havent caught them yet but you can't catch them because your not far enough in the game will your frame still be affected?
The runners have to be out.

The egg I just hatched is frame 10. Does having the journal come up after pressing continue and being a caught pokemon raise the frame by 2 or is it only when you turn a page?
It advanced it from 8 to 10, actually. If you are doing frame calibration that's already included, though. Were all these wild frame numbers you have been throwing out actually been the frame of the monster you've been catching to find your seed?

Can someone here check my math?

I'm going after Giratina in Turnback Cave, so Giratina's frame is 1.

This is the specifics of Giratina under Method 1:
Seed: 801702b3
Method 1 Frame: 867
Bold 31/31/31/31/31/30

Okay, so generating Method J frame number gives me 832. Okay, so here's my math

832 (target) - 1 (Giratina frame) - 1 (Released Mesprit running)= 830/2= 415 Journal flips.

I hit this twice, both times yielding this same Quirky Giratina
30/27/7/9/7/12, which has a frame of 833. Had this been 834 or 832, I'd attribute this error to journal flipping miscounts. As it is, I'm going to retry later in the day with Mesprit out of the way to see if I can hit the target.

What could this possibly mean? I'm thinking that Giratina might have a frame of 0 somehow. If anyone else can find my error, please do tell.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What I would do is catch and seed with a few Giratina to make sure that you're getting it on frame 2 as you would expect with the runner out.

Am I the nly one with problems when trying drifloon? I got the right dealy, I thougt I had the right amount of frame jumps, but it failed.

Does looking around only word ik the grass? I couldn't even find my spread btw.

mingot

free agent
@ ShinyMilotic No, your frame is 10. It was 8, but you have captured Pokemon on the first page. I'd say more, but I am just going to confuse you. Best advice is to follow the instructions and don't overthink them. Just follow.

Hit the start button to get out of the Journal from any page.

@ Vodee - Next time coin flip verify first and then if it was wrong just catch it and get initial seed to find out what you messed up.

I did verify(to aroun seven/eight), else I wouldn't post. I know a lot of things could be wrong in that case.
I don't have an AR/enough rare candies to check the seed too. It seems unlikely to mee that eight of the flips are the same in a row on different delays.

I'm trying to get a good delay to try it again.

it can't, it uses the ID and SID that you input on the main program window.
I thought that might be the case, so tried testing it by doing the same search, but changing the ID and SID in the main window... the results still came up the sameeach time, seemingly unaffected by the ID and SID.

mingot

free agent
I did verify(to aroun seven/eight), else I wouldn't post. I know a lot of things could be wrong in that case.
I don't have an AR/enough rare candies to check the seed too. It seems unlikely to mee that eight of the flips are the same in a row on different delays.

I'm trying to get a good delay to try it again.
I'd try a few more next time, but if 8 matches you probably hit the correct seed and the wrong frame. I'd go get at least enough rare candies to get a narrow range and then generate and find if that happens again. It's not extremely hard to get 20 or so rare candies.

I thought that might be the case, so tried testing it by doing the same search, but changing the ID and SID in the main window... the results still came up the same each time, seemingly unaffected by the ID and SID.
Ah, that reminds me of something I need to fix. The timefinder only pulls the ID/SID the first time it is opened, so if you change it you will need to completely close RNG Reporter and re-open it for it to pick up the change. I'll make a note of it so that it gets fixed.

I was thinking about the frame part too, but shouldn't I get frame 8 if I turn another way seven times and there are no runners running around? Or is that in caves and grass only spots?(As I'm not standing in the grass for Drifloon obv)

EDIT: I can pretty much confirm that turning outside f the grass won't advance the RNG. If someone else wishes to check, please do so I'm 100% certain.

Does anyone know why the RNG reporter won't work for me? This is a different issue from the last times. When trying to breed for a shiny egg it doesn't seem to work for my game. Got the seed, did the taps, but when I got the egg, it wasn't shiny. Yes, my ID and SID were correct, I clicked "Shiny Only", I don't have foreign parents, I used the right method and I didn't mess up the taps. Unless I did mess up the taps for the FOURTH time in a row, something isn't working. Yes, my poketech (however you spell it) was on the app right before happiness checker.

Can someone here check my math?

I'm going after Giratina in Turnback Cave, so Giratina's frame is 1.

This is the specifics of Giratina under Method 1:
Seed: 801702b3
Method 1 Frame: 867
Bold 31/31/31/31/31/30

Okay, so generating Method J frame number gives me 832. Okay, so here's my math

832 (target) - 1 (Giratina frame) - 1 (Released Mesprit running)= 830/2= 415 Journal flips.

I hit this twice, both times yielding this same Quirky Giratina
30/27/7/9/7/12, which has a frame of 833. Had this been 834 or 832, I'd attribute this error to journal flipping miscounts. As it is, I'm going to retry later in the day with Mesprit out of the way to see if I can hit the target.

What could this possibly mean? I'm thinking that Giratina might have a frame of 0 somehow. If anyone else can find my error, please do tell.
Sorry Mingot, I didn't test out what frame a bunch of Giratina started out on. I just wanted to confirm that removing Mesprit from the wild (thus removing 1 frame from the subtractions), did indeed hit the target spread, causing me to think that Giratina does indeed have a frame of 0. Perhaps get some testers to do this? I would, but all my Smogon/Pokemon time is being dedicated to my thread.

Finally figured out why the initial seed wasn't working. My DS clock was 12 hours off, because I hadn't realized it was a 24 hour clock on the DS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)