Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok, just making sure, I apologize for asking a question that has already been answered. Is everything else correct though?
Edit: Thanks Mignot for answering my question and all of the work you have done. :)

Hopefully this will answer both questions. Only the NPCs in the pokemart affect the seed. When the NPC moves from one space to another or turns, it advances. In sandgem, only one person moves, so get him to stand as far north he goes, and facing north. keep opening and closing the menu until you stop him halfway through walking 1 space south. that will advance it by 1. Then do journal advances, then close out of the menu and take the poke immediately from the guy. If the guy takes the full steps, it advances it by 2.
I was trying....and I found out that it also possible to save at an even frame? So that my startframe will be even.

Yeah, it is pretty weird dude. Try saving in front of the man when no NPCs move afterwards so you get a minimal frame rate. Also, keep track of your roaming Pokemon.

i know this was answered before but can someone quickly tell me if a caught of defeated pokemon entry that appears the moment the journal is open will advance the frame?

Edit: i see it. sorry

I just need a quick bit of a help regarding fishing for Method J Pokemon, as I'm quite confused ;/

I am looking to hit a Seed of ED09027B at (28/6/2009 9:58:11), which I know I hit by matching 10 coin flips. So after reading the OP, Fishing starts the frame at 4, and I have a Roaming Mespirit so that +1's. So I should be at a frame of 5. There are no NPCs around, and I haven't taken any steps. So I'm aiming to catch a Jolly Magikarp on a frame of 5 (so no journal flips required, just testing things out). I cast out my Old Rod and catch a Magikarp, check the nature and it isn't right and it hasn't synced. I check my IV's and find that i've hit a spread on a frame of 41?!

The only thing I can think that might've advanced the frame this high is the Coin Flips? But I only thought this advanced the Seed, not the Frame?

Any help will be much appreciated. :)

Not really, you could just coin flip until your frame is a multiple of 5 or 6, then take a designated amount of steps or journal flip (whatever).

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just need a quick bit of a help regarding fishing for Method J Pokemon, as I'm quite confused ;/

I am looking to hit a Seed of ED09027B at (28/6/2009 9:58:11), which I know I hit by matching 10 coin flips. So after reading the OP, Fishing starts the frame at 4, and I have a Roaming Mespirit so that +1's. So I should be at a frame of 5. There are no NPCs around, and I haven't taken any steps. So I'm aiming to catch a Jolly Magikarp on a frame of 5 (so no journal flips required, just testing things out). I cast out my Old Rod and catch a Magikarp, check the nature and it isn't right and it hasn't synced. I check my IV's and find that i've hit a spread on a frame of 41?!

The only thing I can think that might've advanced the frame this high is the Coin Flips? But I only thought this advanced the Seed, not the Frame?

Any help will be much appreciated. :)
Fliping the coin does not advance anything but the IRNG, which controls shiny eggs. All it allows you to do is verify that you hit the correct initial seed and to let you reset without wasting your time doing 100's of journal flips or whatever.

Did you generate on Method J? If you have a synchronizer did you select the synchronize nature? It really sounds like you generated on method 1, though. Either that or you are in an area with NPCs.

Not really, you could just coin flip until your frame is a multiple of 5 or 6, then take a designated amount of steps or journal flip (whatever).
Completely incorrect.

Coin flips affect egg PIDs ONLY.

I did indeed generate on Method J, with my Jolly Synchronizer set, and the nature set to Jolly. And I'm at Route 218, on the Boardwalk area and there are no NPCs in view? I'm still confused, but I'm trying again.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In view or on the route? On the route is important. I honestly have no idea if there are on that route, but you might want to check that.

mingot

free agent
No idea. If you are not getting them on frame 5 (in your case) and you know how your generation is correct with regards to the nature of your syncher then there is something on the route advancing the frame. If you verify that I'd look for somewhere else to fish.

Hopefully this will answer both questions. Only the NPCs in the pokemart affect the seed. When the NPC moves from one space to another or turns, it advances. In sandgem, only one person moves, so get him to stand as far north he goes, and facing north. keep opening and closing the menu until you stop him halfway through walking 1 space south. that will advance it by 1. Then do journal advances, then close out of the menu and take the poke immediately from the guy. If the guy takes the full steps, it advances it by 2.
So if I did that, it'd be easier for me to get frame 512, right? Would that mean lesser flips? Or would it make sense to have the NPC's take care of the job?
Hey mingot, maybe you can answer this.

As everyone can tell, I'm not much of an expert on this, but I think I can help you out since I've had similar problems. I believe when you save the game, you load up the game on the same frame you saved on. Also, the NPCs around you will add to your frame. For each step they take, it'll add one to your frame. I'm not sure if they simply turn and not take any steps affects the frame, but it may.

In order to find out what frame you're on, load up your game and as soon as the game is loaded, talk to the old man and get your egg, but take note of what moved around you. The Buneary is always moving so you'll likely get two frames added. Also be sure to watch the cowgirls on the side. Pacharisu doesn't seem to move too quickly so he shouldn't be much of a problem, but be aware of him as well. Right away catch a Pokemon and check your seed. Use this seed to generate the spreads and frames. Hatch your egg, check your IVs, and see what your hatched Pokemon's IVs are. Depending on what you hatched, you can determine your current frame and plan accordingly. When trying to hit a certain frame, I tend to take into account what the Buneary will do.

As for when to load your game, load your game from a reset, not the DS menu. However, I'm not sure if it makes a difference.

I hope this helps!
Holy shiz, that was a MAJOR help, VanHalen. Thanks! Now, when you say EACH step, do you mean like one "grid space (two steps)" or an actual foot step that the NPC takes (one step)?

VanHalen, you do not load on the same frame you saved on. Each time you continue your frame starts at one (plus one for every roaming Pokemon you have.

VanHalen, you do not load on the same frame you saved on. Each time you continue your frame starts at one (plus one for every roaming Pokemon you have.
That's incorrect.. When you're trying to hatch perfect eggs, you need to do frame calibration in order to get the frame you land on. When I was trying to get my perfect egg, I always started from frame 6.

Yes, I know what you're saying. What VanHalen was stating is that you load the frame you saved on. IE if you walk around and catch Pokemon and stuff, you'll load from THAT frame. I'm pretty sure what I said is correct.

Okay, I know how to do all this RNG stuff, but I'm just not doing it accurately, so I have a few questions:

1. I figured out my average delay and second. I create my initial seed, and it has a delay close to my average delay and second. So how come when I soft reset for IVs with the EXACT same time span, it has a slightly different delay. In simpler terms, my average second delay is 11 seconds. I hit continue roughly in the middle between 11 and 12 (so 11 seconds and 50 milliseconds). But, I have delays that are slightly different.

The seconds are easy to keep stable. It's the delays that are hard to keep constant, so that's completely normal. The delays mostly have to do with how fast you tap A (delay = the time between SR and when you hit continue).

2. I'm really having trouble with the Frames. Every time I create the initial seed, then hatch the egg from the Day-Care, I always have Frames from 3-17. Recently, I've hatched in egg in Frame 6. I go change all the time and date stuff on my DS to the stuff that the Time Finder gives me. I do the EXACT same thing, and I get different frames. If someone could just give me a simple explanation of how the frames are calculated (aside from the Journal pages), I'd greatly appreciate it.

I find it easier to just save again and then go through the frame calibration phase and see if the frame is consistent. If it is, I'll go with that save to hatch my egg. You also have to make sure that you cancel the journal when it pops up and that you immediately collect the egg. If you don't do this immediately, the frame might increase because of the moving cowgirls.

3. Okay, say the Time Finder has my desired Egg IVs with this data:

Year: 2009
Month: 6
Target Time: 15:20:11

Now, I shut off my DS and change it all the data to this, correct:

Year: 6
Month: 6
Time: 15:19:00

Should I go into the game world and soft reset once the time reaches 15:20:00, or should I hit "Pokemon Platinum" on the DS Menu at 15:20:00?

You have to SR when the time reaches 15:20, because your average seconds value is 11. The seconds value is the time it takes for you to hit continue after a SR. So in this case if you'd reset at 15:20 with a seconds delay of 11, you'd hit continue at 15:20:11, thus hitting your target time.

Thanks to anyone who answers any of these questions. I know I didn't word 'em right, but still, it's the thought that counts. :toast:

You don't understand bbq. You don't load the frame on which you last saved on. Say if you just stood there while the NPCs moved until your frame hit 10. If you saved then, and continued the game, your frame would reset at 1, and not 10.

Chaos is right. If you loaded the frame you saved on, then after a few hours of gameplay, you're frame would start up in the hundreds, if not thousands. There must be something that is adding to your frames before you recieve the egg. Maybe the buneary took a few steps before you picked up or something, but you started at one.

mingot

free agent
There are 6 wandering NPCs in solceon (the ones that move in a fixed pattern do not matter at all). Every time ANY of these 6 move your frame is advanced. This movement (when the next time a step is going to be taken and location) IS saved. So if there are three NPCs who are going to take a step a hundreth of a second after you load the game you can't collect an egg fast enough for them NOT to advance you to frame 4. So, yes, you are BOTH right. The game does start at 0, but you can very much be locked in where the lowest you will get is 2, 3, 4, 5 or so.

There? Can we stop now?

You don't understand bbq. You don't load the frame on which you last saved on. Say if you just stood there while the NPCs moved until your frame hit 10. If you saved then, and continued the game, your frame would reset at 1, and not 10.
No I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about. He is saying if you restart your game and keep getting frame 8, use that frame or another higher even frame for the egg you're trying to get. He's not saying if you stand there and wait it will be 8 still.

Also, VanHalen said that the Buneary is always moving so you'll likely get 2 frames added. This is NOT true. NPCs that have their movement programmed in to always be the same, in this case a line back and forth, do not affect the seed. You should never "aim" for a certain frame, just get a consistent frame and go for a number that is even/odd higher than it and advance with your journal.

I know, but because of the NPC's moving, you most likely won't start at frame 1 when trying to hatch a perfect pokemon. I mean, sure, you start at frame 1. But because of the cowgirls moving, it'll always be higher than frame 1. That's why you take that frame and enter it into the timer finder for Egg IVs.

*damn, this topic moves fast. Yeah LF, that's exactly what I meant :). In my case it was always 6. Before that, it was pretty inconsistent so I just saved after the NPC's moved, hoped for good luck and then I got a consistent frame 6 when receiving the egg.

Also, VanHalen, as soon as you receive the egg, you can just use the coin flip app and tap it 10 times, noting your results for each flip; then in the Time Finder you use "Search flips". Since you are aiming for a target time/delay that you found for your egg IV's, you can generate adjacent results for the frame you want to land on (right-click -> "Generate Adjacent Results"). This is waaaaay faster than having to catch a pokemon, generate the initial seed and then hatching the egg. If the coin flips match, then you hit your desired frame and you can just save the game and hatch it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)