Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Yeah, the coin flip is pretty accurate. Just as long as you're hitting your frame, you don't need to do anything with the journal.
Well.. if you're having trouble with 606 maybe you should try and find a spread with a 604 delay? Just a suggestion.

Yeah, the coin flip is pretty accurate. Just as long as you're hitting your frame, you don't need to do anything with the journal.
Well.. if you're having trouble with 606 maybe you should try and find a spread with a 604 delay? Just a suggestion.

It's a very good suggestion haha It's just very hard to find a 604 delay with as good a spread I mean, if it was a question of patience, I would stick with the 606 Delay, but it's not for sure... maybe I'm not doing something right or something. Whatever. I'll keep trying with the 606 and if not, I'll switch to 604 like you said. Thanks for your advice.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
If you've hit 606 before, you'll probably hit it again after a few more tries. Sometimes it does take a long time, but since it's within your range, you should be able to get it :o

---

I have a question regarding Route 210 as a zone. I was looking at Pearl's encounter tables and it appears Route 210 is divided into two parts (North and South), with two different encounter tables. They're considered different zones even though they're under the same name, right? I used the Vs. Seeker on the first randomly moving NPC (North trainer) and defeated him. After I saved and SRed, I realized he still stayed unmoving. There are two other NPCs that spin randomly on the entire Route 210, but I noticed that when I Vs. Seekered and defeated the other one (in the South), the North one started moving again. That should mean the Route is separated somewhere between then, since he refreshed. This is all without taking the NPCs with a set pattern of running into account, since I read that they shouldn't affect the RNG.

Does anyone know where exactly Route 210 separates? D: Is it right after where the psyduck were, or after the man who asks you how Defog works, maybe...?

Of course, I could have just reset his movements by using the Vs. Seeker again too. >_>

And finally, I am considering doing some work to try to make this easier and that is to show the Hidden Power on the breeding frames (will require user to input parent IVs) and showing what the characteristic of the pokemon for a particular frame should be (will require user to enter PID for accurate tie breakers).

This would give two comparison points, as you could match characteristic and use the platinum hidden power man to check and hopefully make it very fast and painless for non-AR users to check the frame that was hit.

Is this even useful or something anyone would want to see?
I support this idea as it could help get a particular Hidden Power. What I suggest is finding the "IV frame" through a similar fashion like Egg PID. First, the egg must be generated (make sure it's the desired PID of course) then catch a poke, enter its IVs and enter the parents IVs to get a initial seed. Click generate and get list of frames of possible IVs/HPs and then do x amount of taps/flips as necessary to land on a desired frame. How does that sound? Is that doable?

What is your preferred method for checking your frame when you hatch an egg? Terrible at getting the right delay for frames (coin flips), so I do it by "feel". Yes, it's impractical and stupid but I get excellent babies anyway. Problem is getting desired HP.

Do you have a rare candy stash and do it that way? No

Do you use the IV man? Yes

The hidden power guy? Yes

Level it up via battling? No

Put it in daycare? No

-
For those that are wondering where the IV man and HP man are, the IV man is the Scientist at the Battle Tower by the PC in the upper right and the HP man is in the prize exchange building next to the Game Corner. He is the Rocker on the left.

I haven't found anywhere with a list of what the IV man says about your pokes IV ranges, so here they are from lowest to highest IVs:

Decent Overall
Above Average
Outstanding Overall (maybe higher on the list, correct me if it is)
Relatively Superior
Outstanding Superior

There's one below Decent Overall but I can't remember what he has said for that, though. Hope that helps.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have a question regarding Route 210 as a zone.
You're on your own with this, at least for now, sorry.

The information that using the VS seeker can stop wanderers is very interesting, though. Of course doing that will take some RNG calls itself.

I support this idea as it could help get a particular Hidden Power. What I suggest is finding the "IV frame" through a similar fashion like Egg PID. First, the egg must be generated (make sure it's the desired PID of course) then catch a poke, enter its IVs and enter the parents IVs to get a initial seed. Click generate and get list of frames of possible IVs/HPs and then do x amount of taps/flips as necessary to land on a desired frame. How does that sound? Is that doable?
No, because the game is not written that way, sorry.

What is your preferred method for checking your frame when you hatch an egg? Terrible at getting the right delay for frames (coin flips), so I do it by "feel". Yes, it's impractical and stupid but I get excellent babies anyway. Problem is getting desired HP.
I don't understand, are you soft resetting for target IVs? If so, a hidden power is no different than any other targeted spread. Or am I missing something?

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
You're on your own with this, at least for now, sorry.

The information that using the VS seeker can stop wanderers is very interesting, though. Of course doing that will take some RNG calls itself.
I guess ): I'm relatively sure that the area is separated into two zones, though -- I just need to double check to see if the layout in Platinum is the same in my Pearl. The encounter tables list two Route 210s with different Pokemon in the encounter slots anyway. I'll fiddle around with it tomorrow.

The RNG calls should be finished before I save, right? My objective is to try to keep them from moving by Vs. Seekering, battling them, and then saving in the same zone so I can SR. After I turn on the game again, I should get a new initial seed anyways, and if that defog man didn't exist, hypothetically I'd start at 0 since the trainer isn't moving and nothing else should be advancing the RNG. Though I won't start at exactly zero since that defog man is there, but I'm just trying to narrow the variables down so I can maybe take away a journal flip or two and hope.

Actually, I think I'll go test that tomorrow too >_>

I'm having issues trying to hatch the perfect pokemon. I've hit the correct seed, verified by the coin flip trick. However, when I hatch the pokemon, the IV's don't match up with the target frame or any of the other frames +/- 20. I'm not happy :(

I'm having issues trying to hatch the perfect pokemon. I've hit the correct seed, verified by the coin flip trick. However, when I hatch the pokemon, the IV's don't match up with the target frame or any of the other frames +/- 20. I'm not happy :(
Go catch a pokemon, check the seed, and check the frame of your egg. One of those will tell you what is wrong.

Can anyone help me with this to make sure that I'm doing it correctly?

I'm going for this with a wondercard pokemon.
3B090283, Frame 5: 31/11/31/31/31/30 (Ice 70)

When inputting the info into seed to time finder I get this.

2009 01 01 Time: 9:00:58 Delay: 634

So I need to do is press continue at 9:00:58, close the journal and pick up the pokemon correct?

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to RNG abuse for IVs, and I'm at the Frame Calibration part.
When it says:

8. Immediately catch a wild Pokémon and use it to create an initial seed.

Do I fly to an area with high leveled pokemon, so I can accurately get the IVs? Or do I level up the wild one with rare candies?

..Or am I just doing something totally wrong?

You may as well start in the area you're calibrating in. You can use the resort area lake for high level magikarps.

Ok, and I have one LAST question (I just encountered it while playing).

The point of SRing is to make sure you hit continue at the right time, correct?

Could you not just sit at the screen with the continue button until your clock (that you calibrated the DS clock against) says the time you want to press continue at, and then press it?

Ok, and I have one LAST question (I just encountered it while playing).

The point of SRing is to make sure you hit continue at the right time, correct?

Could you not just sit at the screen with the continue button until your clock (that you calibrated the DS clock against) says the time you want to press continue at, and then press it?
The delay would also be affected and be ridiculously high and not the one you want. so no

Crazy things were happening with my frames. It went from frame 4 to 10 as the initial frame. All is fixed now though. Thanks!

I'm confused about the delay.

I'm going for this with a wondercard pokemon.
3B090283, Frame 5: 31/11/31/31/31/30 (Ice 70)

When inputting the info into seed to time finder I get this.

2009 01 01 Time: 9:00:58 Delay: 634

I need to hit continue in 10 seconds or am I misunderstanding this?

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
AFSGFSFG OMG. I'm spazzing.

Just wanted to let you know that the Vs. Seeker method works and that Route 210 is definitely separated into North and South. I just caught a Modest HP Ground flawless Swablu in Route 210 North by Vs. Seekering each trainer that moved, battling them, and then saving next to the only wandering NPC who could not be battled in the zone (the guy who talks about using HM Defog). Vs. Seekering and defeating them stops their movements, and if you stay in the same zone and save they will not start moving again. Same with Defog - if you use it and save, there won't be fog in the area when you next turn the game on, so you're free to Sweet Scent.

To check my delay, I first quickly hit the Start Button to bring up the menu after pressing A at continue (so he wouldn't move), quickly canceling it and tapping the coin flip app and pressing Start before it finished flipping to make sure he still didn't move, and repeated. I also had to walk one step forward, so I did the same thing with the menu by walking forward quickly and then pressing Start again. Luckily, I had used this spread two other times today so I didn't have to tap more than three times to know I hit my delay. I don't know if I was just lucky that he didn't move, or if pressing Start fast to pause the RNG worked. But I got my target D8

If you'd like the proof, mingot, I can trade you a clone of the Swablu to prove it works D:

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ Chill - You need to hit continue at the time reported by seed to time.

@ Seph - Nice work, you might want to edit a new section into your post with that information. At some point when I start adding appendices I can see those tricks being worked into the OP.

But the gist is:

1. Using the vs. seeker/battling stops wandering NPCs who can battle.
2. If you save with them stopped they are stopped when you reload.
3. If you save with an area defogged it loads defogged.

You may as well start in the area you're calibrating in. You can use the resort area lake for high level magikarps.
Not if you're finding the seed/frame for your Egg. You need to begin right in front of the Day Care Man to pick up the Egg as soon as the Journal is closed so that you get an accurate frame. I think that's what he is doing. Finding his Egg frame/seed.

Also have a question: does surfing advance frames? Because I have been catching the high level Golduck in the Resort Area after picking up my Egg, but the thing is I verified plenty of times with the coin flip trick, yet the IVs do not match. Do I have an incorrect frame? Maybe?

I don't understand, are you soft resetting for target IVs? If so, a hidden power is no different than any other targeted spread. Or am I missing something?
Yeah, sorry. This heat is not making think straight. I'm doing it the hard way SR'ing through guesswork, since I can never hit the right delay through Time Finder. I can hit the seconds no problem, just the delay as I either I'm a little too quick or too slow. For the time being, I'm doing it the hard way and I'll practice some more SR'ing through Time Finder later.

The most common spreads I have working with currently, breeding Magby, has 31 IVs in SP. ATK (mischievous), 30 IVs in DEF (sturdy body) and 31 IVs in SP. DEF (somewhat vain). From those I narrow down the common HPs from those spreads. From what I found, the common HPs I've been hitting are trying getting into the game asap (delays 592-600). I'm recalibrating so I don't land a common HP spread. For me, Bug, Electric, Ground, Psychic are the most common. And those have been very common.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)