Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have a question: If you correctly hit your target time, delay, and the correct frame, and then you used sweet scent. If you got the wrong pokemon, would you have to do it again?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You would have to try the same spread on a different frame. But there is no reason to guess anymore. Check some of the posts on the first page, one of them explains how to tell what you will get on a certain frame.

Yes you are correct for both questions.

To the other guy, there is a video, most likely on the first page somewhere.
One video for the shinies but I have no problemes with that.

..I just don't understand what you are supposed to do in-game...D= I've reread the whole thing and I think I understand a little
but still not 100 percent better..

What I dun understand is how do you know which target frame you want? Basicly I dun know what to do once you enter the stage where you need to be catefull with your timing and the amount of targedt frame you want ect...

Is there aan image or something that shows you how to do step 7 to 11?

Okay so I lent my action replay to my friend and he's working with it now. He's following the calibration steps and he keeps getting seconds of 13 and a delay of around 3400. He doesnt come onto smogon so I have to see if I can help him.

Is this normal? also he's trying it without AR and he keeps getting the "No Reasonable Initial Seed Found" message.

Okay so I lent my action replay to my friend and he's working with it now. He's following the calibration steps and he keeps getting seconds of 13 and a delay of around 3400. He doesnt come onto smogon so I have to see if I can help him.

Is this normal? also he's trying it without AR and he keeps getting the "No Reasonable Initial Seed Found" message.
He's doing it wrong somehow. The easiest way to find out is see him in person doing it, and tell him what he is doing wrong since he's your friend. He is waiting on the starting screen for a full minute so that's obviously wrong.

So I found a nice spread and spent a lot of time soft resetting to get the right delay. When I finally hit everything right, I caught a graveller with the right IVs. Unfortunately, I was looking for another pokemon. My bottom line question is that if I go to the exact same location at the same frame at the same seed with the same delay, will I always catch the same species of pokemon?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, you will catch the same Pokemon every time for that frame. Luckily most spreads appear on more than one frame. There is a post about how to figure out the monster for a particular frame on the first page.

Hrm, and I seem to have answered this very same question on this very page.

Hm, I've tried the shiny egg trick several times.

Every time I've done it on Pearl, it's worked. Every time I try Plat, it does not.

The 'dex on my Plat game wasn't every complete, so I thought that not having the Poke in the dex would screw up the outcome, so I caught all Pokemon in the area.

I also had several people check my SID, all coming out to the same number.

Still no luck. All the times on my Pearl, I used the PC before depositing my Pokes in the daycare. So I tried that on Plat as well.

It didn't seem to work.

So it got me wondering, does the shiny egg trick not work on Plat?

Almost got it?

Okay so I got to selecting a spread..but I'm not certain on what I am supposed to but this is what I figured out so far..

-In this case 635 would be the Delay I need when entering into the game world
-7 Would be the frame needed when catching the initial seed.
-04:04:15 - 15 would be the seconds I need right? Or do I have to put my DS clock to 04:03:15 for the good results? And soft reset at exactly 04:04:15?

One more problem I have is the Delay's and the seconds, my DS clock is at the same hour as my external clock, let's say im entering the game world at 04:04:15, when I am checking for the IV's, the seconds demonstrated would have to be 15 right? But the seconds shown after finding the intial seed is way off.

And my delays are not so accurate either..do I just have to practice or am I doing something wrong? And is the adjencent spread necessary? I have trouble with that too..0_______o

Am I at least on the right track?

Okay so I got to selecting a spread..but I'm not certain on what I am supposed to but this is what I figured out so far..

-In this case 635 would be the Delay I need when entering into the game world
-7 Would be the frame needed when catching the wild Pokemon.
-04:04:15 - 15 would be the seconds I need right? Or do I have to put my DS clock to 04:03:15 for the good results? And soft reset at exactly 04:04:15?

One more problem I have is the Delay's and the seconds, my DS clock is at the same hour as my external clock, let's say im entering the game world at 04:04:15, when I am checking for the IV's, the seconds demonstrated would have to be 15 right? But the seconds shown after finding the intial seed is way off.

And my delays are not so accurate either..do I just have to practice or am I doing something wrong? And is the adjencent spread necessary? I have trouble with that too..0_______o

Am I at least on the right track?
Not quite. Your main problem is that you're using the Egg Time Finder. Use the capture tab. Those B's are for parent inheritance.

As far as delays go, have you done your calibration phase yet? You should know your usual delay this way and can find spreads that fit nicely with those delays. You have the seconds idea right though.

Not quite. Your main problem is that you're using the Egg Time Finder. Use the capture tab. Those B's are for parent inheritance.

As far as delays go, have you done your calibration phase yet? You should know your usual delay this way and can find spreads that fit nicely with those delays. You have the seconds idea right though.

I have trouble with the calibration process...so I skipped it to test other things..>_< should have mentionned earlier..Im really not sure what your supposed to do...but from what I understood:

-Catch a wild Pokemon - check it as a initial seed for delay's and second.
my delays are often between 6:15 to 6:40 but certainly around th 6:30's
-I need to set my DS clock 1:00 before the external clock
-I need to soft reset at exactly 15 minute before the time I want

And another problem is my Egg is already ready...but I forgot to do the calibration process...in the steps...can it be done even if my egg is ready?

So what I really have trouble with is Calibration, Matching Target Time(Practice for that) and I have no trouble with the frames, but if it's supposed to be 7..but my egg hasn't hatch yet...and I have to walk/action, it might change...how do I make sure my frame is 7 when my egg hatches? I tought the Frame was set once you caught the initial seed...is that true or am I off?

NOTE: My DS clock is the at the same time hour, minutes and might be 1 sec. off. as the external clock

And now it's not working on my Pearl, either.

Although, the nature is still as predicted.
This means your SID or your ID is wrong. 100 percent of the time, no questions asked.

TEST 101, why in the blue hell would you jump straight into the process without doing calibration? It's like trying to start up your car without your keys. Do that first before we consider helping.

Okay, I'm dumb.

I used my Plat SID for Pearl, that's why it wasn't working on Pearl.

But as for Plat, I've had the SID checked several times.

Okay, I'm dumb.

I used my Plat SID for Pearl, that's why it wasn't working on Pearl.

But as for Plat, I've had the SID checked several times.
Are the natures coming out correctly? If so, check your regular ID as well. Just as many errors are made there as anywhere else. Do you have a regular unchained or unbred shiny? Try calculating your SID the hard way then. Do a low tap shiny spread just to make sure it's not a tapping issue.

This means your SID or your ID is wrong. 100 percent of the time, no questions asked.

TEST 101, why in the blue hell would you jump straight into the process without doing calibration? It's like trying to start up your car without your keys. Do that first before we consider helping.
Sorry 0_o ..I had trouble understanding the processus....and because I tought I had it well done at first...D=

I Sychronising my DS clock with the External Clock before starting anything like it said even if I wasn't sure because of the minus 15 sec. and 1:00min backwards... I tought I might give it a shot instead of asking smogon how to do every single step...

Natures have come out correct every time.

And I have no wild shiny on my Plat.

I'm trying again on Pearl.
Volch, why try again on your Pearl? The answer to your Platinum debacle is quite obvious to me. Your ID or SID is wrong. I don't care if you think they aren't but they are. Check your entries into RNGreporter digit by digit. If you are getting the right natures, you have the process correct, but supplied some faulty information.

Well, I know my ID was correct, so how would I go about checking my SID?

Anyway, if my Pearl works, I guess I can forgo the epic ID number of my Plat.

does changing your pc box advance the irng? like if i get a good nature but have to switch from box 6 to box 15 for the right parent is that going to advance me so that i dont get the right frame?

?

Ok im just gonna put everything what I have been doing from the beginning..
And if they're is any mistake please tell me what im doing wrong.

-Note time of entering
-Catch a Pokemon
-Enter info. IV or Stats in Initial seed
-Soft reset (exactly at the start of a min for better result)
-Do it enough time to give you an idea of your Delay (mine was around 630's)

The only problem I had was sometime it would go to a totally dif. number like 615, is that normal? It doesn't have to be an exact number right...because that's what I have been trying to do after I realized that it wasn't always working..0________o

Synchronizing time

-Put your DS clock 1min. before the external clock
-Try to soft reset 15 sec. before your target time
-Hit target time
-Check to see if your doing it right

Frame
(I think I got that part covered.)

-Make the journal pop out by advancing your DS date
-Enter the game world

-close the journal and take your Pokemon from the day care man as quick as possible
-catch wild Pokemon for intial seed, check you egg IV
-enter info, generate at Breedin DPPt
-match the iv with the correct frame

-repeat to get an idea of the frame you get most.

Finding the right IV
-Go to initial time, enter all the info you collected...(frame, delays, etc..)
-Pick the right spread
-***I don't know what the min/hours are exactly for..do you have to put your DS clock so then when you enter, it will be the same time displayed on the spread?
-catch wild Pokemon to lock on frame
-Check IV.

**Is soft reset necessary? I have been shutting down my DS to put in my AR and check the IV of my egg.

mingot

free agent
Small font makes it hard for me to read. Have mercy on the old.

Ok im just gonna put everything what I have been doing from the beginning..
And if they're is any mistake please tell me what im doing wrong.

-Note time of entering
-Catch a Pokemon
-Enter info. IV or Stats in Initial seed
-Soft reset (exactly at the start of a min for better result)
-Do it enough time to give you an idea of your Delay (mine was around 630's)

Right, the directions say you are looking for a range here.

The only problem I had was sometime it would go to a totally dif. number like 615, is that normal? It doesn't have to be an exact number right...because that's what I have been trying to do after I realized that it wasn't always working..0________o

There is no problem here.

Synchronizing time

-Put your DS clock 1min. before the external clock
-Try to soft reset 15 sec. before your target time

Directions don't say to use 15 seconds. They say to use the seconds value you got during the calibration phase. If that did not happen to be 15 seconds for you then you will never get what you want using a value of 15 seconds.

-Hit target time
-Check to see if your doing it right

Frame
(I think I got that part covered.)

-Make the journal pop out by advancing your DS date
-Enter the game world

-close the journal and take your Pokemon from the day care man as quick as possible
-catch wild Pokemon for intial seed, check you egg IV
-enter info, generate at Breedin DPPt
-match the iv with the correct frame

-repeat to get an idea of the frame you get most.

Earlier post of yours says you skipped the steps above. I hope not, it is important.

Finding the right IV
-Go to initial time, enter all the info you collected...(frame, delays, etc..)
-Pick the right spread
-***I don't know what the min/hours are exactly for..do you have to put your DS clock so then when you enter, it will be the same time displayed on the spread?

As the OP states, the time must be the exact time you press 'A' on the continue screen. And it's not just the minute/hours. It is the complete date and time. If you are not doing this correctly nothing will work.

-catch wild Pokemon to lock on frame
Not to lock on a frame, but to check what frame you did get if you did not hit the correct initial seed.

-Check IV.

**Is soft reset necessary? I have been shutting down my DS to put in my AR and check the IV of my egg.
Can't help you with this, I don't AR. The point is to figure out how to continue at a certain time other AR users have come up with a method to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)