Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

What the hell? Can anyone explain why my Delays are constantly even, regardless of if I have a game in my GBA slot or not?

I have been trying to get it odd for the past 8 tries or so, alternatingly taking the GBA cartridge in and out and checking my initial seed to see if I'm odd or even. And it's ALWAYS even!
If you don't want to change the year by one, the only other way to do it is by re-saving which may or may not work.

What the hell? Can anyone explain why my Delays are constantly even, regardless of if I have a game in my GBA slot or not?

I have been trying to get it odd for the past 8 tries or so, alternatingly taking the GBA cartridge in and out and checking my initial seed to see if I'm odd or even. And it's ALWAYS even!
Do you have Pal Park enabled? I was working with EueuQ and this trick didn't work with him when he didn't have Pal Park activated.

Thanks everyone.
I just went for an even spread instead and hit it on the first try :/

If I absolutely need to change to odd in the future though, could I change the year by 1, save, change it back and my even/odd will be dynamic again?

Edit: I did try re-saving before I switched spreads, it didn't work. And yes, it was working before, but I suppose I haven't been noticing it recently because I have always been going for even delays.

Hey, I am having some problems.
So I want to find my seed using the Method 1 Thing.
I enter my date and time correctly when I hit A for continue after SRing and the date basically stays the same. However, when I hit find, it continues to say, ERROR, PLEASE CHECK YOUR DATE AND TIME.

With this problem, I can't HATCH or CATCH shinies :(

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, I am having some problems.
So I want to find my seed using the Method 1 Thing.
I enter my date and time correctly when I hit A for continue after SRing and the date basically stays the same. However, when I hit find, it continues to say, ERROR, PLEASE CHECK YOUR DATE AND TIME.

With this problem, I can't HATCH or CATCH shinies :(
Hrm, sounds like you either waiting way to long before catching what you enter or ... you're not entering the correct date and time. And yes, with that problem you can't hatch or catch shinies.

I've noticed the D/P encounter tables are not working correctly. LFusion sent me a rip of the encounter data directly from the game; I've edited it into something normal people can understand without too much trouble and uploaded it in a .csv file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/254796558/dp_encounter_data.csv
Thanks.

I'll be putting up some new web based tables in a nicer format this week based off of the same data.

Does passing over the happiness checker, but not landing on it effect the frame? I just got a shiny with the right nature and ability on frame 8. It said not to switch to the happiness checker at all. My issue is that I have Diamond and I can't go backwards through the apps.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What do you mean waiting too long before catching? How fast do I have to catch a pokemon after starting my game?
It's not a particular time, it's how many RNG calls there are. How about explaining what you are doing between the time you enter the game and the time you catch a Pokemon to determine your initial seed and I will tell you if it's OK.

Does passing over the happiness checker, but not landing on it effect the frame? I just got a shiny with the right nature and ability on frame 8. It said not to switch to the happiness checker at all. My issue is that I have Diamond and I can't go backwards through the apps.
If you pass over it without it showing up at all it will not actually effect it. But honestly if it is on frame 8, just hatch the 7 eggs and save on the 8th to be sure.

(trying to get shiny spiritomb with Method J)

Ok, so I start my game, SR by fight area where I can catch pokemon level 50 and over.

I put time I clicked A in RNG reporter.

I keep Date the same, in my case 7(M) 12(D) 2009(Y)

I keep all these the same because they don't necessarily change.
So I only really modify the minute and occasionally hour.

So I put that on the RNG reporter and it ALWAYS says invalid time, please check DATE and TIME.

I've synched my clock and everything so what am I doing wrong?
I also enter stats and stuff since I can't SR correctly with AR to find IVs with IV checker.

I SR at when the minute

O, so each frame is an egg pretty much. Anyways it actually worked. I didn't let the Happiness checker show up. It worked, so I guess this proves that passing over the Happiness checker doesn't advance frames or was I just lucky?

Hmm, not sure what's wrong. Is your DS and external clocked synced up to the exact second?

Also since the shiny Gyrados is confirmed to appear in HG and SS could it be used to find one's SID?

Well, I'm not even 100% sure if I should even bother asking but:

I've been completely unable to hit a specific delay, due to tripping up on one particular thing that nobody would ever expect to cause problems: the Calibration phase.

I usually hit one of two exact delay numbers (~43% of the time each), so I've been unable to figure out which delay to shoot for. Whenever I try for one of them, I keep hitting the other one (about 20 or so times straight), so I switch to that one, and I keep hitting the first one. (-__-") This continued ALL DAY today, as ridiculous as that sounds.

How does one solve a problem as ridiculous as that?

mingot

free agent
(trying to get shiny spiritomb with Method J)
Ok, so I start my game, SR by fight area where I can catch pokemon level 50 and over.

I put time I clicked A in RNG reporter.

I keep Date the same, in my case 7(M) 12(D) 2009(Y)

I keep all these the same because they don't necessarily change.
So I only really modify the minute and occasionally hour.

So I put that on the RNG reporter and it ALWAYS says invalid time, please check DATE and TIME.

I've synched my clock and everything so what am I doing wrong?
I also enter stats and stuff since I can't SR correctly with AR to find IVs with IV checker.

I SR at when the minute
Then it should work just fine, you've mis-entered something.

And trust me, 6,500 posts and probably 100 people with the same complaint as you and 100 people who finally realized that they, in fact, entering some component of the date or time incorrectly.

Well, I'm not even 100% sure if I should even bother asking but:

I've been completely unable to hit a specific delay, due to tripping up on one particular thing that nobody would ever expect to cause problems: the Calibration phase.

I usually hit one of two exact delay numbers (~43% of the time each), so I've been unable to figure out which delay to shoot for. Whenever I try for one of them, I keep hitting the other one (about 20 or so times straight), so I switch to that one, and I keep hitting the first one. (-__-") This continued ALL DAY today, as ridiculous as that sounds.

How does one solve a problem as ridiculous as that?
Ok, then pick one and when you target it aim for the other one so you hit the one you actually need. Problem solved. (BTW, the idea of calibration is to get a range of delays that you normally hit)

Ok, then pick one and when you target it aim for the other one so you hit the one you actually need. Problem solved. (BTW, the idea of calibration is to get a range of delays that you normally hit)
ALMOST lost me there, but OK then... >.>

@The Brackets:
Yes, I understood that, but the numbers were exact. The others were all over the place. One in the high thousands, etc.

My initial frame is 5
I want to get frame 7 for my egg.
When the journal pops up, it already has the "Caught MAGIKARP (DAY)" on the first page.
Can I safely close the Journal straight away, or shall I flip to a non-caught page, and then back to the first one to advance it 2 frames?

My initial frame is 5
I want to get frame 7 for my egg.
When the journal pops up, it already has the "Caught MAGIKARP (DAY)" on the first page.
Can I safely close the Journal straight away, or shall I flip to a non-caught page, and then back to the first one to advance it 2 frames?
Dan, having a Caught or Defeated pokemon on the page does advance the ring. If that page didn't have one, you'd find you were getting Frame 3 during the calibration phrase.

So in short, yes, flip to a page with no caught/ defeated, then back and you would have advanced the frame by 2 frames to your desired Frame 7. Also, you can push start on any page, to quit the journal without having to cycle back to the most recent page.

so to get how many journel fips i have to do i get the frame wich is
499-roaming pokemon 5-monster frame 1-starting frame 1=492 then half
246 is this right

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone tested starting frame for Giratina in D/P? In my Pearl it started at frame 2, then went to frame 3 cause of the one roaming pokemon I had

mingot

free agent
Yes, and it was 1. How many times did you try it? Also, were you saved in front of it, or did you walk into the gave? Either way, if it seems to always be on 3 for you when you catch it immediately just go with that in regards to your journal flips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)