Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

@Bearsfan: "3541- Pokemon Platinum (U)" is the filename. Gah, I guess that means I will have twice as hard to hit the right delay D:

As for the clock, I guess it should work if I'm not connected to the internet then. I dont' have any other clocks that shows seconds :P

Generate your seed in the main window under method J with the synchronizer nature your using (Assuming your going for a method J pokemon and using a synchronizer...). Take a look at and around Frame 309. You'll most likely see the answer to your question.
im not using a synchronizer, i don't care about the nature, but my problem is that i need to get frame 307 but i got 3 times frame 309 whit different number of flips. 307 - 2 -1 = 304. It should be 152 flips but i got frame 309 whit 152, 151 and 150 flips so i don't know why i cant get my frame.

im not using a synchronizer, i don't care about the nature, but my problem is that i need to get frame 307 but i got 3 times frame 309 whit different number of flips. 307 - 2 -1 = 304. It should be 152 flips but i got frame 309 whit 152, 151 and 150 flips so i don't know why i cant get my frame.
Okay, it might help if we know exactly what it is your trying to do?

Right now it just sounds like your fucking up your journal flips.

Okay, it might help if we know exactly what it is your trying to do?

Right now it just sounds like your fucking up your journal flips.
I finally got it.
I was trying to catch a scyther in Route 210 south on frame 307.
i got it whit 150 flips but still dont know why it took me 150 instead of 152.
So i think my problem was:
1) I got an NPC turning around but maybe it wasn't his fault cause i could keep him bloked by pressing X while checking my delay
2) There is something on my journal that advance my frame
i got this stuff on my journal from the beginning to the page of a captured pokemon:

-attract a pokemon whit a sweet scent

maybe it advance the Frame

@Bearsfan: "3541- Pokemon Platinum (U)" is the filename. Gah, I guess that means I will have twice as hard to hit the right delay D:

As for the clock, I guess it should work if I'm not connected to the internet then. I dont' have any other clocks that shows seconds :P
This is my file name as well. I have a feeling that there's something to do with it, but as for what, I am not sure. I'll get some calibration data on it again later and see if I can figure anything out.

I don't normally post on these forums, but I figured this might be the only place that has the people who can help figure out this problem.

Now here's my problem. I was creating a new all-shiny team today for UU play (just some "favorites" and such), as is my custom to do so. In other words, I've made multiple legit full-shiny teams by manipulating the egg RNG, and it's worked flawlessly.

Up until today.

Doing every single step I am supposed to go through in order to get a shiny egg (I'm not talking about IV manipulation atm; only shiny), I have yet to get the shinies. This is NOT due to me accidentally overtapping or undertapping. I've missed shiny frames that are literally at frame 200 or lower by huge (and unpredictable) margins. I've redownloaded the .net framework, I've tried multiple sets of parents, and I've even tried to get shinies with my little brother's game under the supposition that my game's RNG may be bugged.

Nothing has worked, and I have no idea why. There is no correlation between missed frames, either. I am absolutely certain that my ID and Secret ID is right on both game consoles, yet not only can I not get the shiny frames, but I cannot even accurately get normal frames at frame no. 100 and lower.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Does anyone know what's happening? The only response was from Wichu.

And in regards to Wichu, all of my parents are national. I don't trade out of the country. It's not for xenophobic reasons or anything; I just like having Pokemon with my own ID.

Also, the Seed finder IS working perfectly fine. The only problem I have is that the "app taps" (lolrhyme) are no longer corresponding to the frames in the least.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

And in regards to Wichu, all of my parents are national. I don't trade out of the country. It's not for xenophobic reasons or anything; I just like having Pokemon with my own ID.

Also, the Seed finder IS working perfectly fine. The only problem I have is that the "app taps" (lolrhyme) are no longer corresponding to the frames in the least.
Well, it's beginning to look like being in any zone with weather advances the IRNG in a way we don't fully understand. Have you been in one?

A few minor things to check whenever you can't appear to hit a shiny egg:
1. Is your seed completely correct? Is your minutes correct?
2. When you do the happiness app, are you starting on the app before it? Do you have 6 pokemon in your party (no eggs) when doing your taps?

Here's a small something you could do to check if your seed is correct. Go to a place with high level pokemon (or any place if you have AR). Make sure you start on the coin flip app when you load. Flip it 10 times and record the results. Go catch a wild pokemon and find its seed. Generate the list under DPPt Egg PID Normal and go down the list under the coin flip column. Did it match in that order?

EDIT: Mingot's also right about weather. I just tested it and it screwed it up pretty badly. Stick to the grassy area north of the Resort Area (not the desert) to avoid weather.

Hmm. It wasn't happening last night (at least, not all of the time), but I tried to get the "right frames" again today, and I've been exactly 32 frames off four times in a row.

I can deal with this by adjusting the taps accordingly, but it still seems like an awfully ridiculous thing to be happening.

When I was in the blizzard going for swinub last week, the coin flips were wrong. When I tried on a different seed, caught the pokemon to check the seed, I went to the pokemon center and then did the coin flips, and they were correct.

I am avoiding weather areas because of just such a thing. Furthermore, I do have six Pokemon in my team as always.

However, you did point out one small thing to me that I don't think I've been doing since I restarted my shiny hax. I'm starting right off on the happiness checker app instead of the app before it. I didn't remember that changing anything the last twelve times I've shinyhaxed, BUT I also don't remember starting it on the happiness app. That may just be the case.

At any length, if it IS the case, then starting off on the happiness app rewinds the frame number by 32.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
At any length, if it IS the case, then starting off on the happiness app rewinds the frame number by 32.
If you start on the happiness app it WILL NOT work for you. Things like flying with it open will +12, going in an out of a building +12, starting the game with it open +12.

When I was in the blizzard going for swinub last week, the coin flips were wrong. When I tried on a different seed, caught the pokemon to check the seed, I went to the pokemon center and then did the coin flips, and they were correct.
Did you still catch the Pokemon in the area with the weather? IE. Were you in the weather at any time before you did the coin flips when they worked?

Honestly, starting out on the happiness checker app might have been what did it. I'm about to test right now.

If you start on the happiness app it WILL NOT work for you.
Yeah, I figure that may be what happened. I hadn't shinyhaxed in two months, so I figure I just forgot that minor step.

Edit: Thank you, Mingot. Starting off on the happiness checker was, indeed, the problem.

I'm locked into a Shiny Lapras, and I'm trying to hit a delay of 598, I hit even delays, but for some reason I can't hit 598! I've hit 596, 600, 604, 606, 608, even 594 which I've never hit before! I even changed to a different time/date spread and once I did that I hit 598! Is there something wrong with the time/date spread I'm using, or is it something else, such as human error?

I'm locked into a Shiny Lapras, and I'm trying to hit a delay of 598, I hit even delays, but for some reason I can't hit 598! I've hit 596, 600, 604, 606, 608, even 594 which I've never hit before! I even changed to a different time/date spread and once I did that I hit 598! Is there something wrong with the time/date spread I'm using, or is it something else, such as human error?
I'm gonna say human error. To my knowledge, dates and delay are completely independent of each other.

EDIT: Yes Coktal, dates and delay are interwined in that way. You know what I meant. :P

The only thing I've found that has them related is that if you increase the year by one, the delay needed falls by one. So for the originally one you went for, if you were mostly hitting 600 the most, just add 2 years to the date, and you should be getting the delay right nore often.

As for Wichu's programme
When it ask's you start search as: Is it talking about the years? And yes I have checked in the front page.
NVM found it, just missed it! XP

Did you still catch the Pokemon in the area with the weather? IE. Were you in the weather at any time before you did the coin flips when they worked?
I started in the weather, caught a pokemon or two, then went to the pokemon center and did the coin flips and they matched up with what RNG reporter said.

Test, that is for emerald mainly. It is for frames in emerald, so since you are doing DPPt just put 0 and 0 (infinite).

mingot

free agent
Hrm that is pretty strange, LF. One would think if the weather was causing the IRNG to advance that it would not really matter when you did the coin flips, just that they would be off. The fact that you can leave and then do your coin flips after the fact and have them match is just bizarre.

For a followup, could you catch something in weather, seed, parent and then check that the natures match for a few eggs.

And then: catch something in the weather, coin flip once in the weather, parent and check natures for a few eggs?

At this point I guess the thing to do is to simply advice people not to go into weather zones at all when breeding for shinies, but it looks like that would be an oversimplification.

I started in the weather, caught a pokemon or two, then went to the pokemon center and did the coin flips and they matched up with what RNG reporter said.

Test, that is for emerald mainly. It is for frames in emerald, so since you are doing DPPt just put 0 and 0 (infinite).
So when it's asking start search and end search it's talking about the frames? I put 0 in start search, and put 0 in finish search right? I putted 00 for infinite, does it make a difference?

It just finished searching but I can't seem to open my file...It's a notebook file, and the size is...217 MB...is it because it's too a big file that it can't open or am I using the wrong program (to open the file)?

I don't know if the 2 0s matter at all. I open the one file in notepad and the other in excel. I think you are trying to open the excel file in notebook maybe, I'm not sure. You may have made the restricitions for the IVs to open and have a ton of results maybe.

I dont know why any of my nature abusing things are working

I tested everything, and the taps are also like 5 - 10 on each app, so i am sure of the number of taps done there.

The only thing I can see is that when I start the game, I use the super rod to fish for magikarp as a) they are often high level b) they have a 100% catch rate with a quick ball

so is the fishing screwing it up?

I don't know if the 2 0s matter at all. I open the one file in notepad and the other in excel. I think you are trying to open the excel file in notebook maybe, I'm not sure. You may have made the restricitions for the IVs to open and have a ton of results maybe.
The probleme was, the file was too big, the program just froze, but I tried a couple of time and it loaded....even tough it said not-responding...it loaded at the end. Another strange thing is when I ask for a specifique nature, it shows me all the nature possible, and not the one I wanted.

I found a frame that I liked,
942727873F bada20a7 (IMPISH, ability 1) 31/30/31/27/31/31 (Seed: 00000000 Frame: 942727873) HP DRAGON 70

But the frame is....a bit ridiculous....but since it's for emerald, it there a way to convert this frame into what it would be in DDPt? Or is it already because the 0's putted in the start search\finish search converts into DDPt frame?

I apologize if my Q. is a bit vague or hard to understand I have alot of trouble on syntax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)