Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Iv'e found a wonderful spread, coin flip, time and basically everything I need to know; set the time, and the time is hit at the moment I press "play whatever game" or "continue"? Also, I got 28 delay; what does delay mean? Would it be 38 seconds between "play" to "continue"?

Iv'e found a wonderful spread, coin flip, time and basically everything I need to know; set the time, and the time is hit at the moment I press "play whatever game" or "continue"? Also, I got 28 delay; what does delay mean? Would it be 38 seconds between "play" to "continue"?
The target time is at continue. And there is no way you have 28 delay. Delay is a counter that runs approximately 60 times per second when the game begins loading. Something is not right at all here. Redo calibration.

Hmm
so LF

I plugged in the required IVs in Time finder

I got usable spreads at
2009 / 08 / 02 19:17:14 Delay 597 Frame 6

I can hit 597 with a bit of tweaking, i usually get in the 590s

Now say I find my only nature egg (no shiny for easier frames) and save on it after verifying my nature.
SO now, Do I set my DS to the time in the time finder?
If not, then say I use the IV's thing to narrow down my frame under the DPPt Breeding tab.
Say I hit a frame of 2
NOW do I set my DS Date and Time to the date there, and then start the game at 19:17 so that I get my seconds?
And since my date will be 2 days later, I do 2 journal flips, cancel the journal and then as soon as possible take the egg?
Now, I hatch the egg, check if I got the IVs
If I didnt, does it mean I didnt hit my delay, or am I at a different frame thanks to the moving NPCs?
could someone please see if i got this right or not?

thanks much in advance

edit: my questions would be:
a) Do I set my DS to the date given in the time finder and try and hit the time as I press Continue AS SOON as i get saved on the correct egg nature
b) Do I set my DS to the date and time blahblah continue blah AFTER I check the frame I saved on?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's really hard to tell what your question is.

After ... did you check out the directions in the first post of the thread?

The target time is at continue. And there is no way you have 28 delay. Delay is a counter that runs approximately 60 times per second when the game begins loading. Something is not right at all here. Redo calibration.
What does delay mean? Does it have any imprtancy?
Also, if continue is the target time, well, I have fast fingers...

You could very well get both, but it takes a little thinking and I've never tried this. Let me see if I can help.

Your first shiny is on frame 147. Do the procedure for that.

Now we need to adjust your method to reach frame 810. This isn't hard. Just subtract 810-147 to get 663. Because I'm too lazy to do the math, I'll give you a way to know what to do. After you get your first shiny, enter 00000000 as your seed into RNG reporter. Scroll down to frame 663 and calculate poketch taps. Use those instructions to hit your second shiny spread.

Someone check my work here. This is all theory for me.
It works. :) That's great. :heart:

What does the delay stand for?
Delay is the second and millasecond between starting the game and pressing A on the continue screen multiplied by 60. Example if my delay is 635, the seconds and millasecond between starting the game and entering the continue screen is 10.58

Delay is the second and millasecond between starting the game and pressing A on the continue screen multiplied by 60. Example if my delay is 635, the seconds and millasecond between starting the game and entering the continue screen is 10.58
But it's a bit hard to hit miliseconds, is that why the coin-flipping method is used?

@Mingot: I have an unusual request. Can a future version of the RNG reporter have an option to find specific PID's for a seed? (I.E you know about a shiny PID on one game, but need to know how to get an egg with that PID on another game.)

I ask this because I noticed the PID's dont let you use any normal method to get an egg for another cartidge. Well, you get the egg, but nothing about it is correct. I tested this thoroughly when I got my new platinum, as I wanted to train a shiny ralts through story instead of a starter. (Damn the pokemon not listening to me =P) Got there after a LOT of hassle, and was wondering if a simple option to search for a PID might be possible? Especially if you can search within a seed.

I actually found the problem very vexing. To get the egg you need to catch your pokemon, and check the seed. Then you have to have a second RNG reporter window open with the other games ID/SID, and generate your search list with the seed you have. You then find the shiny you want and find its PID. You then go back to the original RNG reporter window, generate the list there too (without checking the shiny only box) and then proceed to look for the PID... Which then usually needs an insane amount of taps/flips.

It would be nice to simplify this.

Just something for the wishlist.

I don't understand the request for that. Why would you want to get the same PID on two different games when on the second game it won't be shiny.

Also, I think you are talking about the shiny egg glitch. Where the egg is shiny but when you trade it, it is no longer shiny after hatching. To trade an egg and have it be shiny, do the search for the shiny frames for the platinum game and get it on your diamond, then trade the egg over.

(For hatching shinies)

While I'm waiting for the day-care man to get an egg, will switching to/using the day-care checker app mess anything up?

(For hatching shinies)

While I'm waiting for the day-care man to get an egg, will switching to/using the day-care checker app mess anything up?
The only app you have to worry about is the happiness checker. If you hit that, you will get messed up. If you need to get past it, load it quickly so that the app number shows without it loading.

I don't understand the request for that. Why would you want to get the same PID on two different games when on the second game it won't be shiny.

Also, I think you are talking about the shiny egg glitch. Where the egg is shiny but when you trade it, it is no longer shiny after hatching. To trade an egg and have it be shiny, do the search for the shiny frames for the platinum game and get it on your diamond, then trade the egg over.
No, I am saying I have figured out the real way to ensure a traded shiny egg IS shiny on the recieving end, and your method (just performing the taps and flips as if for the other ID/SID) does not work. Its all based around the eggs PID, and I tested and retested. Your method is fundementally flawed in the fact that all PID's would have to be under the same frames in the same seeds on every game, which, quite obviously, they are not.

Really, go try it yourself. It's all in the PID. (Tested, and retested by me. Dont believe me? Test it yourself. The PID's change completely from game to game - for eggs at least. I made no errors, and even did a test with a file using pokesav. When I changed the sav'ed games ID/SID to the target ID/SID and made an egg the usual way, it had the correct PID, and once traded, remained shiny inside the egg. The same taps and flips on that game with a different ID/SID yielded a completely different end result.)

It took a long time to pinpoint the issues, and I am not going to argue over somantics. The method you NEED to use (no question) is the one I posted above. I highly doubt that can be simplified any further either, but I would be happy if it was possible to simplify it. Mingot could use this information to add to the RNG reporter though, and make it easy.

The only thing with that though, is that it creates more work for Mingot. =(

Hey in the bearsfan IV abuse video he said this formula

Frame you always hit - Frame you are going for/2 to get the Journal Flips you have to do

The problem I have is that i always get a frame of 3 which is odd so if i want to go for a frame of 40 my result would be 18.5 so do i do 19 flips or 18???

Thanks in advance!

Hey in the bearsfan IV abuse video he said this formula

Frame you always hit - Frame you are going for/2 to get the Journal Flips you have to do

The problem I have is that i always get a frame of 3 which is odd so if i want to go for a frame of 40 my result would be 18.5 so do i do 19 flips or 18???

Thanks in advance!
I believe walking 128 steps advances the frame by the number of pokemon in your party. So, if you wanted to go for the frame in the example do 16 flips and walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in your party.

When catching a pokemon like cresselia you have to subtact the # of wandering pokemon. So, does this mean you still have to subtract 1 for pokemon like mesprit still waiting in the cave? And just to make sure the only wandering pokemon are cresselia, mesprit, articuno, motres, and zapdos, right?

Thanks in advanced.

Hey, I've heard that LF and Arael managed to crack the Pokeradar RNG, may I know how it works? I don't see any information on catching Pokeradar Pokemon in the 4th post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)