Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay so I am in the frame calibration phase. After I caught a wild poke I input the ivs, the time I hit continue at the start screen, etc. After I clicked find it says to check my time and date because no initial seed was found. I tried this three times with the same window popping up and saying no initial seed was found. Anyone have any suggestions?

Okay so I am in the frame calibration phase. After I caught a wild poke I input the ivs, the time I hit continue at the start screen, etc. After I clicked find it says to check my time and date because no initial seed was found. I tried this three times with the same window popping up and saying no initial seed was found. Anyone have any suggestions?
Perhaps check your time or date and see if anything is off or check the stats you entered. There is no problem with the program itself normally, just a user error somewhere.

This has happened to me a couple of times, I've found out that it's just you're entering the wrong date and time or you're just really unlucky:D

I have a problem with flipping the journal...

I'm trying to get something on frame 12, saved at what I'm pretty sure is frame 10. I flip the journal once (not counting its first appearance - so I press A, B, B when the journal appears) and I get frame 11 like 80% of the time, I've gotten 12 a few times. When I flip the journal twice (meaning to the caught Pokemon page and back, twice), I get frame 13.

???

I have fast hatch and IV check codes on btw, if that makes a difference

I have a problem with flipping the journal...

I'm trying to get something on frame 12, saved at what I'm pretty sure is frame 10. I flip the journal once (not counting its first appearance - so I press A, B, B when the journal appears) and I get frame 11 like 80% of the time, I've gotten 12 a few times. When I flip the journal twice (meaning to the caught Pokemon page and back, twice), I get frame 13.

???

I have fast hatch and IV check codes on btw, if that makes a difference
Clearly, you aren't on the frame you think you are. The first apperance of the journal does count if it has a caught pokemon on it. That means you are on frame 7 most likely, 9 from the journal auto opening, and 11 since you leave the page and come back to it. You may just have bad luck getting the wrong frame when you hit your seed. Just resave and start with a different frame.

Sorry if this is a noob question but if I get a shiny egg with let's say, a careful nature, will it ALWAYS be careful if I save infront of the egg or can I SR for natures too?

Clearly, you aren't on the frame you think you are. The first apperance of the journal does count if it has a caught pokemon on it. That means you are on frame 7 most likely, 9 from the journal auto opening, and 11 since you leave the page and come back to it. You may just have bad luck getting the wrong frame when you hit your seed. Just resave and start with a different frame.
ok thanks :D

Another question (about breeding shinies though):

If I go to the PC before doing the happiness checker/coin flip taps, will that mess anything up?

Any tips on how to mash the A button as fast as possible to collect the egg so my frame doesnt miss by one?

I do get my frame, which is on 31 but whenever I get the right time and delay, it always seems to be on 32. :((((

I do get my frame, which is on 31 but whenever I get the right time and delay, it always seems to be on 32. :((((
You know, that happens to me too sometimes =o, I always restart the frame calibration phase, believe me it takes alot less time then trying to hit your stupid frame(if you tired like at least a dozen of times.

Hmm

'Caught a female BIDOOF.'
'Caught AZELF (LATE NIGHT).'
'UXIE was caught (DAY).'
'Defeated a male BIDOOF.'

Flipping to a page in the journal where a caught or defeated Pokémon is listed advances the RNG by 2. The same message formats listed above will advance the RNG.
Does the (LATE NIGHT) and (DAY) part of these listed matter? For instance, will the RNG still advance by 2 if I have the following:

Machop was caught (LATE NIGHT)
Caught RATICATE (LATE NIGHT)

If so, is there something else messing with my frames? I'm on route 229 in Diamond trying to catch a Gyarados.

You know, that happens to me too sometimes =o, I always restart the frame calibration phase, believe me it takes alot less time then trying to hit your stupid frame(if you tired like at least a dozen of times.

So that must mean I'm really saved on the borderline between 31 frames and 32 frames.

So that must mean I'm really saved on the borderline between 31 frames and 32 frames.
Yeah probably the worst part is, when you try to change the spread with the new frame your constanly hitting now, for some reason, the frame changes back to the one you were hitting from the very begining, it's really frusturating. DX It only happened a few times tough.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Making a quick post to let folks know that RNG Reporter 7.00 has been released. I usually don't do this, but I'd like to get the word out that it is now possible to use it to get your SID from (a group of) chained shinies. It generally takes between 4 and 6 chained shinies to work out a SID and they each must be entered and the 'calculate' button pressed. When the program narrows it down to a single possibility, it will display the SID. If the number of possibilities goes down to zero, you have entered something incorrectly and have to start over. It's unforgiving with regards to data entry, unfortunately.

I will have a proper post about this and some proper directions very soon, but wanted to at least put something out there.

PS. If anyone wants to test it out, feel free. I did not have a ton of test data to work with, so it is honestly not extremely well tested.

mingot+ I might take it for a spin, however Im not very good at chaining for shinies, but my sis can help me with that....however if you have more competant people that can chain, then il back off, if you have no testers tough, il try to help =o.

Hwne I enter a Pokemon's IVs to check seed, is the time the time for "continue" or the Pokemon beeing caught in the ball?
Im not sure about this, but the SEED is gernerated when you enter the game, however it is advised to catch a Pokemon as soon as possible if you want the RNG reporter to be able to check the info. or your seed. If your too late, the RNG will say invalid time and date...something like that anyways! =o

1) FRAME question.. My frame seems to be alternating between 8 and 9 (when it was always 7 before), I just wanted to know what could be causing the sudden jumps and changes?

2) Also, on the Journal Flips, does Defeating a wild Pokemon count as advancing the Frame by 2?
3a) And how about battling a trainer? Examples:

3b) STARLY was defeated (LATE NIGHT).
3c) Beat Shelly at Route 209

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)