Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

yngstr, I just wanted a scyther in a cool dusk ball. XD

So far I think breeding is much easier.. I'm no expert but I'll try to help if you need it.

all4game what would you like for one of your light screening dragonites?

I hit my frame again, ill post if I encounter another problem with it..

yngstr, I just wanted a scyther in a cool dusk ball. XD

So far I think breeding is much easier.. I'm no expert but I'll try to help if you need it.
Cool, thanks I'd appreciate it when the time comes. Figuring out catching was a huge pain. I'll probably move on breeding after I get this HP ice timid jolteon....all the good and easy spreads are for something other than HP ice or HP grass, kind of annoying.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Messing around with the starters (in my case, Piplup), I've found they are Method 1, and I've been able to get frame 1 spreads on them.

There are NPCs on the route (most notably the rival), which can both mess you up and advance the RNG to your goal frame.

Yes! I finally got my Bold 31/x/31/31/31/x Giratina in Platinum! After hours of work, I finally discovered a fluke that none of this thread explains. I flipped through the journal as normal, did nothing else, many times, but I finally realized that the frames had skipped by 11 for no apparent reason. But, in the end, I accounted for this unexplained occurrence and caught him!

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes! I finally got my Bold 31/x/31/31/31/x Giratina in Platinum! After hours of work, I finally discovered a fluke that none of this thread explains. I flipped through the journal as normal, did nothing else, many times, but I finally realized that the frames had skipped by 11 for no apparent reason. But, in the end, I accounted for this unexplained occurrence and caught him!
So when you immediately captured them they were on frame 23? IE. Skipped 11 past the 12 that is documented in the OP.

For some reason, the starting frame for my target time/delay was either 15, 33 or 51, because the same spread shows up on those three occassions.

I'm trying to hit frame 10, so this is a major headache.

EDIT: Help?

EDIT:EDIT: I suspect that it started on 33 because the other spreads I've hit while advancing the RNG 8 and then 6 occured at 41 and 39.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What are you catching? Where are you catching it? Are you generating method J frames? Does your synch nature match your actual syncher (if applicable).

mingot

free agent
Don't know what to tell you then. I've never done the event myself (can you save in front of the monster before "talking" to it"). I would do this and then do nothing to advance the RNG at all and immediately catch, seed, and generate to find the monster seed. Without a syncher, too, so there are less occurrences of the same PID/IV on different frames.

First RNG (Breeding)

I'm trying to breed for a B/A/31/31/31/B Caterpie. Parent A is a Caterpie with IVs of 18/11/2/27/23/23 and I'm using a perfect Ditto as Parent B.

My secret ID is 32482.
I am saved on Frame 4.
My Sec: 15, Del: 590-600

My target is 08/12/09; target time 21:01:15, target frame 28.

If I have everything figured out correctly that means I should be SRing at 21:01:00 and flipping the Journal 12 times.

I've done this about four times and each time I'm getting the wrong IVs from my egg, most recently 27/24/20/31/31/21. I don't really understand what's wrong, nor do I seem to understand how the Adjacent Results work, because my results aren't showing up (though I think that might have more to do with the parameters I've been putting in than anything else).

Any thoughts?

I've done that a couple times. Always seems to start on 31.

Yes, you can save in front of it, I'll try again tomorrow without the Syncer to see what happens.

mingot

free agent
I'm trying to breed for a B/A/31/31/31/B Caterpie. Parent A is a Caterpie with IVs of 18/11/2/27/23/23 and I'm using a perfect Ditto as Parent B.

My secret ID is 32482.
I am saved on Frame 4.

If I have everything figured out correctly that means I should be SRing at 21:01:00 and flipping the Journal 12 times.

I've done this about four times and each time I'm getting the wrong IVs from my egg, most recently 27/24/20/31/31/21. I don't really understand what's wrong, nor do I seem to understand how the Adjacent Results work, because my results aren't showing up (though I think that might have more to do with the parameters I've been putting in than anything else).

Any thoughts?

If you can't find your result with adjacents immediately catch something, seed, and then generate. THEN find your results. This will also show you your delay/seconds so you can make sure you are in the right ballbark and let you know how much data you should show in adjacent results.

Asylum Evermore:
Are you hitting the right delay?
Make sure the pages you are flipping to have a captured pokemon on them. Also, click the dropdown 'Breeding (Dppt)' and put your seed it, then Generate. It will show you the results you should get for your egg for each frame, so you can see if you did too many flips or something.

So when you immediately captured them they were on frame 23? IE. Skipped 11 past the 12 that is documented in the OP.
No, when I caught it right away, it was frame 12. So it must've happened at some point while I was journal flipping or something. And I guess I must've missed where it is documented in the OP. Can you quote it? That post is huge.

mingot

free agent
No, when I caught it right away, it was frame 12. So it must've happened at some point while I was journal flipping or something. And I guess I must've missed where it is documented in the OP. Can you quote it? That post is huge.
Ctrl+F and then type Giratina.

Giratina
Frame: 12 (Torn World)
Frame: 1 (Turnback Cave)

Ctrl+F and then type Giratina.

Giratina
Frame: 12 (Torn World)
Frame: 1 (Turnback Cave)
Oh, nevermind, I misunderstood you. Yes, I took into account the extra 12 frames. However, the other 11 that showed up were unaccounted for. I'm playing on an M3, if that makes any difference.

mingot

free agent
No, when I caught it right away, it was frame 12.
Then you got it on frame 23? You said it was frame 12 ... If you got it on frame 12, then it is accounted for in the OP. When you are doing the math the directions tell you to go and get the monster frame. Which is 12.

If you mean the 11 mysteriously came in at some other point, then I don't know. Never heard of that happening. *shrug*

My secret ID is 32482.
I am saved on Frame 4.

Any thoughts?
I've found that my frames are coming out a little high, I assume that if I don't get the egg before an NPC moves, the frame count goes up- right?

But according to the results, even if I managed to hit the correct frame I wouldn't get the right spread. I think that's because the delay was off by a few seconds.

mingot

free agent
You need to hit everything. Frame, seconds, and delay.

And yes, it's the NPC movement. And it is for all in solceon, some you can't see, so trying to "eye" it won't really work.

Then you got it on frame 23? You said it was frame 12 ... If you got it on frame 12, then it is accounted for in the OP. When you are doing the math the directions tell you to go and get the monster frame. Which is 12.

If you mean the 11 mysteriously came in at some other point, then I don't know. Never heard of that happening. *shrug*
Okay, it went like this:

I try to get my Giratina, which was frame 430. So, I subtracted 12, making it 418. I then divided by two to get my total number of journal flips, 209. I hit the right frame, and I knew this because I checked with the coin toss application. So, then I proceeded to do my journal flips, and I ended up with a Giratina from frame 441, 11 frames ahead of where it should be.

I had the above scenario happen twice before I decided to take the 11 frames into account. Then I did the following:

The Giratina I wanted was on frame 430, so I subtracted its monster frame of 12, and then I subtracted the 11 frames that were created from an unknown factor, giving me 407. Since this was odd, I subtracted 5 from it, and I would do 128 steps to reach 402. Then I divided by 2 to give me my total number of journal flips, 201.

I then hit my seed again, did my 201 journal flips, and did my 128 steps. I talked to Giratina, threw the Master Ball, and caught my Bold 31/x/31/31/31/x Giratina. So i really just don't know where those 11 frames came from.

EDIT: Also, in part of my testing, I just caught one right away, and it was from frame 12. I also caught one right after doing 128 steps with a party of 5, and it was from frame 17. I also caught one after doing 32 journal flips, and it was from frame 87, 11 frames ahead. This leads me to believe that somewhere in the journal is an unknown variable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)