Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

when does a npc advance the rng... when it takes a step? or when it turns direction but doesnt move a square?? im trying to get a sweet arceus (TRU) this is my first time trying the rng abuse... i've watched all the videos i could find... i have been trying to get it to work for a few days now... no luck. i have an odd nuber of journal flips, and i am not sure when to talk to the delvery man

also is there a way to see what delay i did hit? do i collect gift... if not right ivs... then do i walk outside and catch a poke, check in rng abuse??

Look forward to seeing it.
Thanks.

This summer, I am going to translate RNG Reporter into a Java applet, so that we can post it on-site. It won't have the ability to write CSVs, but it will be able to do everything else and will be embedded in a web page like Emloop.

Hmmmmm....

Well.....

• I saved in front of the dogs
  • Sweet scented to verify seed (hit)
  • did 267ish advancements (was shooting for 270)
  • activated the dogs
  • Caught Raikou, who was on F 508?!
Any Ideas anybody?

I guess next I'll try just immediately moving forward to activate the dogs, the sweetscent to find my seed, and see if he's on Frame 1 or not. If not, there's some NPCs down there I just haven't seen... >.>
Hey Matt, even though I don't have HG/SS yet, I have an idea you could do to experiement with the frame. Check out what frame you end up on just by walking 2 steps, one forward and back then release Raikou to see how much the frame is advancing per step. Then try it again on 4, and then try again w/ a random number to see if the frame are advancing at a different number than 1 or if there's something random in the cave is affecting this.

So example situation.

If you walk back and for for only 2 steps and the number is divisible by 2 or something other than 1 then, it could be possible that steps are raising by a different number.

so like if you end w/ 9, but obviously we subtract one to make it 8 in the advancement and discover it could be that the frame is advancing by 4 per step. But if it's a even(exclude #1, 3, 5, 7, +1pokemon frame) number, it could be that there's something else advancing the frame...But let's assume that it does come odd(2, 4, 6, +1pokemon frame).

Try it again w/ more steps. and hope that the theory.

So I said 4 the next time, so it could end up as 17(4frame*4steps=16frame+1pokemon frame=17)(meaning that the theory is true), but if it's something else then there is something screwing w/ the frame, and you happened to be lucky getting an odd number the first time, XD.

But this is just a random experiment, I hope I don't sound silly, XD.

i am using this 0A150268 frame 110 31 / 11 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 Hidden Power Water 70

my info...
ID: 06131
SID: 24345

i plug into rng reporter and get 11/17/2009 time 21:59:20 delay 607

it usually takes me 15 seconds to restart... and i get a delay of 598-612

so i set clock on ds to 21:58 and wait til clock on ds reads 21:59:05. and then start hitting A

can somebody see if i am doing it right? and all my info is correct?

oh yeah... i have no roaming pokes... and i flip the journal 54 times and let npc take one step

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks.

This summer, I am going to translate RNG Reporter into a Java applet, so that we can post it on-site. It won't have the ability to write CSVs, but it will be able to do everything else and will be embedded in a web page like Emloop.
There are no java applets hosted on-site (with the exception of a few hosted in X-Acts userspace), so I would not count on that part. Not meaning to discourage you, though, as it could be hosted pretty much anywhere.

^^^Nah, that's basically what I'm doing, but starting with 10.
10 straight from the beginning? 2 is the simpliest and easiest way to find out if it's random or not, XD. Just like an equation for solving X at a specific point in a graph, :P. Cause what if it's increasing at increments of 1 or or 2? Just a random thought.

There are no java applets hosted on-site (with the exception of a few hosted in X-Acts userspace), so I would not count on that part. Not meaning to discourage you, though, as it could be hosted pretty much anywhere.
Oh well. It can still be a standalone for the Mac users, as well as hosted somewhere else.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
With 10 advancements it came out to be 13. Anybody have any idea where the 3 extra advancements came from?

1. Immidiately activate the dogs=F1
  2. Wait 30 seconds to activate the dogs=F1
  3. 10 Immediate Advancements=F13
  4. 267 Advancements=F508
Gonna try waiting a full 2 mins this time...

With 10 advancements it came out to be 13. Anybody have any idea where the 3 extra advancements came from?

3. 10 Immediate Advancements=F13
  4. 267 Advancements=F508
Gonna try waiting a full 2 mins this time...
Are the legendary beasts the only thing that is in the room with you? If so, it could be that they are advancing the frame, just very slowly. Are they moving at all w/n the 2 minutes you're sitting there? Also, does your partner pokemon move at all? or does it stay idle like the character until it is supposed to move?

Are there any moving objects at all? It makes me think of how Sprout Tower(I forget, XD) and the center pillar would always move. Maybe there's an object that moves...

Maybe I should check my pokemon gold, lol. It would give me an visual reference

I have a question, if you open your journal and the very first page contains a "caught pokemon" text, does that count as a journal flip?

I have a question, if you open your journal and the very first page contains a "caught pokemon" text, does that count as a journal flip?
yes it does

also i have a question myself
Originally Posted by Fat Alsabino
i know i saw what these somewhere in a guide, but i lost where it was. anyone have a link? or can someone just straightforward tell me what these symbols mean?

== equal to
>= greater than or equal to
<= less than or equal to
!= not equal to
E even
O odd
HP not sure... hidden power? XD
HP_E hidden power even
HP_O hidden power odd
got that one answered. the one below hasnt been so far

so if I were looking for a high HP Ice, what would I select in the DPPt Capture section?

no i mean it like this. i just recently picked up on rng abuse for LEGENDS (so i would obviously go to the dppt capture tab in the time finder) in the iv columns it has drop-down menus with those symbols i previously posted. My question is "WHAT SYMBOLS SHOULD I CLICK ON AND WHAT NUMBERS SHOULD I ENTER TO GET A GOOD HP ICE?"

so if I were looking for a high HP Ice, what would I select in the DPPt Capture section?
I don't think this can be done with the RNG Reporter DPPt Capture section. Use Wichu's PokeRNG to find the spreads (link to download is somewhere on the first page).

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
yes it does

also i have a question myself

got that one answered. the one below hasnt been so far
What Game do you want the HP I spread for? I've got a "normal delay" one for DPPt with a fairly high frame, and a normal delay one for HG with a fairly low frame.

Oh, about the Raikou...

Waited 2 minutes and still got frame 1.

Guess I'll try immediately advancing 2, then 4, then, etc...

So far I've got...

3. Wait 2 mins to activate the dogs=F1
  4. 10 Immediate Advancements=F13
  5. 267 Advancements=F508
Anybody here got any info on RNGing the dogs?

Are the legendary beasts the only thing that is in the room with you? If so, it could be that they are advancing the frame, just very slowly. Are they moving at all w/n the 2 minutes you're sitting there? Also, does your partner pokemon move at all? or does it stay idle like the character until it is supposed to move?

Are there any moving objects at all? It makes me think of how Sprout Tower(I forget, XD) and the center pillar would always move. Maybe there's an object that moves...

Maybe I should check my pokemon gold, lol. It would give me an visual reference
Did you read this Matt? also, you've proved my theory wrong just by walking 10 steps and ended up with 13.
It's impossible to get 13 in 10 steps, unless it's going 1.3, lol...

So something else has to be advancing it as well...Check my above posts on my thoughts...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Did you read this Matt? also, you've proved my theory wrong just by walking 10 steps and ended up with 13.
It's impossible to get 13 in 10 steps, unless it's going 1.3, lol...

So something else has to be advancing it as well...Check my above posts on my thoughts...
Oh, yeah, I read em. :) I advanced it 2 this time and now I'll see. Maybe since I hit 508 when doing 267(ish) I'll do 100 and see where that gets me xD

alright guys i chose this from the special spreads excel file

e39c635d
Timid
30/17/30/31/31/31
HP Ice 68

So now how do I find it on RNG Reporter? I believe the 727 is the frame? I tried it though and got no results, same ivs nature frame (if it is the frame) and my synch nature is on timid and the method is J.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

e39c635d
Timid
30/17/30/31/31/31
HP Ice 68

So now how do I find it on RNG Reporter? I believe the 727 is the frame? I tried it though and got no results, same ivs nature frame (if it is the frame) and my synch nature is on timid and the method is J.
Click the Seed to Time button. The rest is pretty self explanatory. Change your year to change your delay if you don't think you could reliably hit that particular delay.

I've got 2 different HP I 70 spreads if you want them. :P

e39c635d
Timid
30/17/30/31/31/31
HP Ice 68

You should check in RNG Reporter if you're able to get the spread w/ the seed from the ID/SID you have. If not,you'll have to find another spread to use...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
alright i find it, but it comes up as method 1. is that normal?
If you want to catch a "roamer" like Cresselia, or Mesprit, use Method 1. If you want to catch a "stationary legendary" like Palkia or whatever, use Method J (or K if in HG/SS). You can switch between the two in that list in the upper left hand corner...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)