Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ignore where it says "actual" it doesn't matter.

Copy the seed, press the seed to time button, pick a year, then press generate. Fiddle with your year to tailor your delay to what you think you'll be most likely to hit. Also, make sure you're generating with the right method. If it's a roamer, use method 1 if it's a stationary, use method J.
thanks a lot mattj, you really helped out :D

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
thanks a lot mattj, you really helped out :D
I understand how hard it can be to find good spreads. Do yourself a favor and keep a list of all the good ones you find. I just started doing that and I'll actually be posting a list on my thread here pretty soon, so people don't have to look and look and look like you (and I) have had to do. Maybe everybody should get together and post such a list in the OP here? Could possibly be useful!

Have fun counting to 3557 or whatever...

When are the calls made for IVs and nature for fossils. I had a fossil with scientist person, stood in front of him. Hit my delay, done my journal flips and when I collected it, the pokemon had wrong nature and IVs.

Do I have to do the RNG part before I put the fossil in or immediately afterwards?

When are the calls made for IVs and nature for fossils. I had a fossil with scientist person, stood in front of him. Hit my delay, done my journal flips and when I collected it, the pokemon had wrong nature and IVs.

Do I have to do the RNG part before I put the fossil in or immediately afterwards?
They are fully method 1. Did you look through the spreads to see what frame you did hit?

Ok I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Even after I changed the first timer to 61, it still didn't stop the seconds from the coin flips results from jumping around. I'm doing a seconds of 28 and I get seconds like 19, 20, 27, and 10. I even changed the timer to 70 for a bit and it didn't help. Man I am not liking the coin flips anymore.
Could someone please help me with this? I need to know a better way around this if I'm going to use emloop on the birds

They are fully method 1. Did you look through the spreads to see what frame you did hit?
I know they are fully method one :p

Tbf, I should of checked the frame, but more importantly for me, is I wanted to know when their IVs are generated and if that dumbass woman who turns all the time affects the RNG?

I know they are fully method one :p

Tbf, I should of checked the frame, but more importantly for me, is I wanted to know when their IVs are generated and if that dumbass woman who turns all the time affects the RNG?
If there is an NPC that moves in something that isn't a definite pattern, then it affects the RNG :(.

Ok I'm going to list the steps on more time so that someone can understand

1.) I calibrated using emloop, Sr'd and caught a pokemon

2.) Checked that caught pokemon's delay, subbed the difference from my target delay, then adjusted by adding the difference to the target delay.

3.) Found a new target time and started Sr'ing infront of Professor Oak.

4.) With the coin flips not giving me my target time from the results, I started adjusting the first timer to get a better result.

5.) With that not working, I increased and decreased the delay on emloop to get a better result.

Nothing has worked so far as the seconds keep changing and nothing is consistent. So could someone please help me figure out what I could do different.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Still confused about HG RNG. Getting some pretty confusing results...

So far I've got...

Checking for NPCs...
1. Immidiately activate the dogs=F1
2. Wait 30 seconds to activate the dogs=F1
3. Wait 2 mins to activate the dogs=F1

Simply turning/stepping with Repel in use...
1. 10 Immediate Advancements=F13
2. 90 Immediate Advancements=F157
3. 98 immediate advancements=181
4. 100 Immediate Advancements=F178
5. 148 Immediate Advancements=276
6. 267 Advancements=F508

Read in the Research thread that turning to or from your poke advances by 2 instead of 1
1. 22 Advancements without turning to or from my poke=F30

Tried Radio Detuning (Turn radio on, press bottom Right button, drag signal to the center, press bottom right button again = 1 advancement)
1)70 Radio Detunes=F31

Reading the HG/SS RNG Research thread, it looks like "Detuning" the radio is a "verified" way to advance your frame by 1. However, I tried it and got a goofy result. Can anyone explain in possibly better detail how you "Detune" the radio? I may have done it incorrectly...

Been working on this since yesterday getting off work. Gonna put it down for a while...-_-...zzzZZZZZ

i am using this 0A150268 frame 110 31 / 11 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 Hidden Power Water 70

my info...
ID: 06131
SID: 24345

i plug into rng reporter and get 11/17/2009 time 21:59:20 delay 607

it usually takes me 15 seconds to restart... and i get a delay of 598-612

so i set clock on ds to 21:58 and wait til clock on ds reads 21:59:05. and then start hitting A

can somebody see if i am doing it right? and all my info is correct?

oh yeah... i have no roaming pokes... and i flip the journal 54 times and let npc take one step

when does a npc advance the rng... when it takes a step? or when it turns direction but doesnt move a square?? im trying to get a sweet arceus (TRU) this is my first time trying the rng abuse... i've watched all the videos i could find... i have been trying to get it to work for a few days now... no luck. i have an odd nuber of journal flips, and i am not sure when to talk to the delvery man

also is there a way to see what delay i did hit? do i collect gift... if not right ivs... then do i walk outside and catch a poke, check in rng reporter for delay??

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Dammit :(

I found it strange that the InGame page said that there are no wandering NPCs with the fossils, so I based it on assumption that all would be OK :(
In Platinum, there is a wandering NPC. There are none in Diamond and Pearl. I have updated the article to correct this. Sorry about that.

do i collect gift... if not right ivs... then do i walk outside and catch a poke, check in rng reporter for delay?
Yes. This will also let you verify that you hit the correct number of seconds AND you can use the initial seed to generate frames and see what frame you got.

Also, when the NPC moves, turns, or sometimes, even when it does not move, the RNG is advances.

Ok I just turned and didn't move in oaks house. Does that mess my 128 steps up? Also, if it does and I need to do 9 flips, can I alter it? Like does turning with no wild pokemon advance the frame at all?

there arent any wild pokemon around shaymin when I rng for it, so does it work to just catch it and check my delay? im asking because when trying to get to get shiny eggs and when you capture a pokemon, I sometimes encounter one of the 3 birds and it doesnt work to enter their information on the seed finder

Ok I just turned and didn't move in oaks house. Does that mess my 128 steps up? Also, if it does and I need to do 9 flips, can I alter it? Like does turning with no wild pokemon advance the frame at all?
Turning in an area with no wild pokemon does not affect the frame. You need to move to another tile in Oak's house to advance the frame, like you stated.

there arent any wild pokemon around shaymin when I rng for it, so does it work to just catch it and check my delay? im asking because when trying to get to get shiny eggs and when you capture a pokemon, I sometimes encounter one of the 3 birds and it doesnt work to enter their information on the seed finder
Yes, you can catch Shaymin and use its IV's to figure out its delay and frame. Catching the birds would not help you determine the delay of your eggs because their IV's have already been set when you first released them, so they won't correspond to the seed you're currently on.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Ok, so I am having trouble with the shiny egg tab in the time finder. This is what I do.
1. I generate the taps/flips/delay
2. I go to the date and hit my delay(eventually)
3. I do the the 10 flips to confirm I hit the delay and seconds
4. I switch to the happiness app and do the taps
5. I switch to the coin flip app and do the flips
6. I put the parents in the day-care and get the egg

Every time I try this, the egg isn't shiny and has the wrong nature. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody help?

Ok, so I am having trouble with the shiny egg tab in the time finder. This is what I do.
1. I generate the taps/flips/delay
2. I go to the date and hit my delay(eventually)
3. I do the the 10 flips to confirm I hit the delay and seconds
4. I switch to the happiness app and do the taps
5. I switch to the coin flip app and do the flips
6. I put the parents in the day-care and get the egg

Every time I try this, the egg isn't shiny and has the wrong nature. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody help?
Charzaro, make sure you start on the coin flip app, do the flips to confirm, then go forward through the apps to the happiness checker, do your taps, then go forward all the way to the coin flip app again. If you open the happiness check app more or less than the 1 time you should it will throw you off because opening that app actually advances the RNG.

If it's not any of that, then I would say the only other thing would be that you're messing up your flips/taps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)