Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Oh my God, it took me 30 minutes to hit the seed I wanted and I start the battle with Kyogre and quickly proceed to KO it with a critical hit.

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right before I try again:
Aiming for seed C30401F3, frame 13 with Method K.

Saved outside the Embedded Tower.
Kyogre's starting frame is 1.
Called Elm 10 times and verified K E P K P E E P K K.
I'm now on frame 11. ?
Went in AND out of the Embedded Tower twice.
I'm now on frame 13. ?
Went in the Embedded Tower again and started the battle with Kyogre.
There's an NPC that effects the frame.

Assuming that the cave advancement is consistent, then yes. Although, I would just call Elm 12 times rather than doing that. Also, I recommend getting yourself a catcher Breloom or Smeargle with spore and false swipe.
My question was really whether the cave advancement happened when you went into the cave or when you left it.

I have a Breloom with Spore, but it can't learn False Swipe.

My question was really whether the cave advancement happened when you went into the cave or when you left it.

I have a Breloom with Spore, but it can't learn False Swipe.
Breloom learns false swipe via breeding. I bred one in Emerald for catching purposes. Also, not sure about that but I'd say call Elm 12 times instead, that's a more surefire way to hit your frame. I will be doing Kyogre myself soon.

I've been trying to RNG Snorlax in Heart Gold all night, and my frames have been all over the place. Eventually I gave up and started attempting to catch the snorlax immediately upon continuing the game (with the radio preset to pokeflute so all I have to do is touch the tab) but according to RNG reporter the snorlaxes I was catching were on frames in the forties. Where did all of those frames go?

I've been trying to RNG Snorlax in Heart Gold all night, and my frames have been all over the place. Eventually I gave up and started attempting to catch the snorlax immediately upon continuing the game (with the radio preset to pokeflute so all I have to do is touch the tab) but according to RNG reporter the snorlaxes I was catching were on frames in the forties. Where did all of those frames go?
are you sure you have been hitting your delay correctly? and how have you been verify that?

According to RNG reporter my delays are in the range of 487-497 (with 13 seconds). Target time: 23:01:03 on 1/1/2020. I've been resetting at 23:00:50. After catching the snorlax I've been using the initial seed finder (by stats) in RNG Reporter to check what seed I hit. Even if it's the right seed I've had snorlaxes from frames in the forties according to the list generated by RNG Reporter.

According to RNG reporter my delays are in the range of 487-497 (with 13 seconds). Target time: 23:01:03 on 1/1/2020. I've been resetting at 23:00:50. After catching the snorlax I've been using the initial seed finder (by stats) in RNG Reporter to check what seed I hit. Even if it's the right seed I've had snorlaxes from frames in the forties according to the list generated by RNG Reporter.
okay... i'm a little tired and can't think of what might be wrong... but there are a few things I could say to make this a bit easier.... first off... don't try to get a target time at xx:xx:03... try to get it with xx:xx:13, so you can reset at 0 evenly... unless you feel confident enough to be able to accurately hit it... but thats not what is doing this.... maybe Snorlax has a higher starting frame? or maybe there are NPCs moving... any of those would screw you over.... and it might be smartest to try and catch a wild pokemon (I recommend using Sweet Scent) and checking your seed that way and then catching it....

Use Romsstar's translated PHS program:

Seed Verifier DPPt&HG/SS 0.3 English Beta
Seed Verifier 0.3 - Roamer Method Guide
Seed Verifier 0.3 - Elm Method Guide

It is money. I use the roamers to verify seed, then call to frame advance plus verify what frame I'm on while advancing.

i got through the E4, saved in lance's room and i discovered the same as COKTAL. you CANT call elm in his room. Im guessing it will be the same for the rest of the E4. Im now going to test if calling elm works from the lobby standing before the entrance guy right before you enter the E4. in that area the NPC is out of the screen and shouldnt advance the frame. at least thats the theory.

UPDATE: oke you can call elm right before entering the E4. there are no NPCs in this screen so this should work just fine to check the seed and frame. only thing is you need to watch out that you dont advance the frame until you get to lances room. if its off you probably had leftover steps. in which case just go back to your save file run 50 steps or so and save again in front of the guy. checking this theory now while going for a flawless HP fighting raikou

Okay... I have a slight problem.
I hatched the togepi, then released it but this was before showing Elm it. So, will the elm method still work if he just says "show me the hatched pokemon" or something along those lines?

I can't RNG on a Mac can i? I don't run Windows on this computer :(
I have a Mac which runs Vista via Bootcamp, so that's the best way to be able to use RNG Reporter on a Mac...

Now, for my questions:

1. If defeated, does the red Gyarados respawn (with new IVs, nature... etc) after beating the E4 and such?

2. How do I go about abusing said Gyarados since it's generated like a chained shiny? I read something about the frames shown on RNG Reporter apparently not matching the spreads for this Pokemon...

3. Does 'detuning' the radio specifically mean the act of dragging the circle back to the center?

4. Since there's no Coin Flip check in HG/SS, does that mean that if I'm in front of Ho-oh or something and want to check my initial seed before advancing the RNG, I have to go and Sweet Scent a Pokemon and Rare Candy it to find the initial seed that way? Or am I confusing myself?

Surely there must be an easier way to check, like with the Coin Flip trick...

Sorry if I've missed things already said, but this thread is somewhat huge so I can't keep track of everything... thanks in advance.

I have a Mac which runs Vista via Bootcamp, so that's the best way to be able to use RNG Reporter on a Mac...

Now, for my questions:

1. If defeated, does the red Gyarados respawn (with new IVs, nature... etc) after beating the E4 and such?
Yes

2. How do I go about abusing said Gyarados since it's generated like a chained shiny? I read something about the frames shown on RNG Reporter apparently not matching the spreads for this Pokemon...
Not entirely sure

3. Does 'detuning' the radio specifically mean the act of dragging the circle back to the center?

4. Since there's no Coin Flip check in HG/SS, does that mean that if I'm in front of Ho-oh or something and want to check my initial seed before advancing the RNG, I have to go and Sweet Scent a Pokemon and Rare Candy it to find the initial seed that way? Or am I confusing myself?
Check Romsstar's sig :P

Sorry if I've missed things already said, but this thread is somewhat huge so I can't keep track of everything... thanks in advance.
Comments in bold

Okay, ignore my togepi post above. I've restarted HG :P

In DPPt, I just waited till my target delay was hit then press A, and I got my ID/SID.
When should I press A in HG/SS? Is it after Oak finishes talking, I start turning small, or when the black screen comes up before I see my game?

Use this. You may need to go back a few pages to find out how to use it

Use Romsstar's translated PHS program:

Seed Verifier DPPt&HG/SS 0.3 English Beta
Seed Verifier 0.3 - Roamer Method Guide
Seed Verifier 0.3 - Elm Method Guide

I copied and pasted it from a few posts above xD. I couln't be botherd to look for the original posts.

Comments in bold

Okay, ignore my togepi post above. I've restarted HG :P

In DPPt, I just waited till my target delay was hit then press A, and I got my ID/SID.
When should I press A in HG/SS? Is it after Oak finishes talking, I start turning small, or when the black screen comes up before I see my game?

Yeah sadly it won't work then, but hey the cool thing is: Now you can RNG for it. The Elm Method won't work for verifying at Togepi, so Seed Verifier would screw with you there, BUT, you can use the phone to advance your frame there;

There's an NPC that effects the frame.
Although there is this wanderer NPC as far as I tested this he doesn't really affect the frame at all, did you experience different?

It is a PAIN to RNG Snorlax. The RNG is NOT calm there so it moves all the time so if you didn't have your game in the Menu with X, your frame advanced all the time there and it did very fast.
Btw did you chose Method K?

standing in front of the E4 guy and even outside and on victory road i have zero radio reception. i checked with the seed verifier if it did advance my frame. it did but it was very irregullar. so i tried walking with my party of 5 pokemon from there on out. this totally screwed the frame to a point i could not see any of elms results match up anymore with what my frame should be. so i guess for me there is nothing left to do but call elm around 1173 times to hit the frame my raikou needs to be on :S

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
standing in front of the E4 guy and even outside and on victory road i have zero radio reception. i checked with the seed verifier if it did advance my frame. it did but it was very irregullar. so i tried walking with my party of 5 pokemon from there on out. this totally screwed the frame to a point i could not see any of elms results match up anymore with what my frame should be. so i guess for me there is nothing left to do but call elm around 1173 times to hit the frame my raikou needs to be on :S
well if your good with a timer maybe you can get the same spread on a lower frame but higher delay by inputting the information for the spread you want into seed finder and selecting the open search option.

It is a PAIN to RNG Snorlax. The RNG is NOT calm there so it moves all the time so if you didn't have your game in the Menu with X, your frame advanced all the time there and it did very fast.
Btw did you chose Method K?
This is becuase there is 2 NPC's on that route that advance the frame I think.

frames are also ridiculously higher.. i found this spread with PokeRNG and this was the one with the lowest frame. so this will just have to do

Repost. This is for ID/SID abuse in HG/SS

In DPPt, I just waited till my target delay was hit then press A, and I got my ID/SID. (By closing down the tv)
(Hmm... even when I first move my character? :/)

EDIT: Thanks Nexus

I need some help with Honey Tree abuse again >___>
I've done everything correctly and I got a Heracross to appear out of the tree (yay me), but when I changed the date to RNG, it disappeared Q.Q

Does changing the date to RNG something automatically make it disappear? Or have I done something weird?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)