Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question; I'm trying to figure out my average Seconds and range of Delays but just randomly I get seconds as high as 44 when they are no more than 15-16 and the delays still stay as low as 601. Is this normal?
yes because your seconds and delay are two different things, I can get a seconds of 1 and a delay of 5067 if I felt like it, your seconds are based off your DS clock while the delay is based on the amount of time you spend on the continue screen, it increases at a rate of about 60/second.

Seconds is the seconds value of the DS clock when you enter the game. To get weird ones like that, you must not be soft resetting when the DS clock reaches 0 seconds on a new minute.

I was calculating my SID and I keep getting a four digit number. I used a pokemon that was caught without chaining and found its IV's. I've calculated it myself and used RNG reporter's calculator and still get the same number.

Is it normal to get a four digit SID?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there a timid 31/x/31/31/31/31 spread on platinum?
Delay must be between 601-700
I will change the years but i must be able to hit 601 as delay
frame shouldn't be too high.
____
New page

I was calculating my SID and I keep getting a four digit number. I used a pokemon that was caught without chaining and found its IV's. I've calculated it myself and used RNG reporter's calculator and still get the same number.

Is it normal to get a four digit SID?
It's possible, yes. Remember, 1234 is the same thing as 01234. So you could just out a 0 in front to get it five digits. But it makes no difference.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you mean like when you use it when does a poke show up? it should only take a moment....
they want a specific number of seconds since you have to factor in that time on emerald to hit a specific frame, and this is something they should be able to do themselves and it isn't documented here.

they want a specific number of seconds since you have to factor in that time on emerald to hit a specific frame, and this is something they should be able to do themselves and it isn't documented here.
ahhh.... thats right... I forgot that Emerald is based almost ENTIRELY on time.... and thats why I hate its RNG.... lol

I can't get it right, please just someone tell me, thanks.
I got modest 21-22 28-29 4-6 28-29 30-31 28-29 ditto, worth keeping?

I used 4.5 seconds on sweet scent.
wanted: modest 30 22 30 27 27 26

So I have a question sorry if its newbish but does zooming by the Happiness Checker with the black screen so you see just the number, does that affect anything or is that OK.(This is in particularly in regards to shiny pokemon hatching.)

So I have a question sorry if its newbish but does zooming by the Happiness Checker with the black screen so you see just the number, does that affect anything or is that OK.(This is in particularly in regards to shiny pokemon hatching.)
iirc it is okay.... as long as it doesn't open up

Yes, since you can just glance at the Pokégear's map and straight away see if you've hit it; but generally, if you're able to do both, I'd use the roamers as an initial verificiation and then a few Elm calls just to check.
Thanks. Sorry, i have another question. When do i need to track the locations of the roamers? In RNGReporter it asks for Roaming Pokemon Locations. I know it's the routes (lol) but im not sure which locations i have to write down. Do i write them down before saving?

I'm trying to breed a Growlithe with flawless ivs in Soul Silver. I have parents, nature and ability sorted, and saved in fron of the day care man. When I hit my seed, if I take the egg straight away and hatch it, I get the frame 1 ivs. If I call Elm before talking to the day care man I get frame 8. Does anyone know why this is? I'm aiming for frame 3. Should I try waiting before talking to him and hope the npc gets the frame to for me?

@viper:
Hm, I haven't really tried the standalone seed verifier so I'm not entirely sure; but the roamers will cause some frame advancements when you start the game. RNGReporter and the verifier should say how many frames they will advance it.

@ Arcashine:
Sounds like the NPC is managing to move and mess things up in before you open the Pokégear and after you close it. If you're quick, you can manage to do the frame advancements before he moves at all, with some luck. Or you could try waiting a tiny bit before picking the egg up and let him move and get the frame for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)