Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

In DPPt:

Does your delay change according to the year you set, because I seem to be in some stupid neverending circle of some sort.
Target delay on 2005: 598
Hits 600 five times in a row.
Changes year to 2003 so target delay is 600.
Hits 598 three times in a row..

In DPPt:

Does your delay change according to the year you set, because I seem to be in some stupid neverending circle of some sort.
Target delay on 2005: 598
Hits 600 five times in a row.
Changes year to 2003 so target delay is 600.
Hits 598 three times in a row..
Nope, it is just life sucking, it does that sometimes.

Hey guys,

2 weeks ago I've found an Excel sheet with pretty much most spreads for Hg/SS.

This included possible spreads obtained from Pokewalker and their respective ID + SID. So good for Shiny's from Pokewalker
The problem is I can't find it anymore. I think I'd found it on this site but im not so sure x"D.

Maybe someone of you knows about wich excel sheet I've?
Also I can't find it on my computer so I think it didn't saved that sheet.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys,

2 weeks ago I've found an Excel sheet with pretty much most spreads for Hg/SS.

This included possible spreads obtained from Pokewalker and their respective ID + SID. So good for Shiny's from Pokewalker
The problem is I can't find it anymore. I think I'd found it on this site but im not so sure x"D.

Maybe someone of you knows about wich excel sheet I've?
Also I can't find it on my computer so I think it didn't saved that sheet.
could it be this post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2543566&postcount=11

I believe those pokewalker spreads are not useful at all, and may be totally ignored, since it's now known that the PID of the pokes is generated on the moment you transfer them to the game. Also, no one was able to get shinies from the pokewalker yet, so we don't know if this is even possible at all.

Okay, this is getting sad, I need some help to relieve me of my paranoid feeling that I'm doing something wrong (even though I've done it before).

I'm trying to catch Naive Azelf, 30/31/31/31/31/31, which is on seed 8d17025b, frame 417 with a Naive Sync (which I got). I've now managed to hit my seed twice, and both of the times, after having caught Azelf in a Dive Ball (I'm so awesome, I know), it turns out the spread is 25/9/7/8/12/25 which is on frame 414, 418, 421.
The journal flips, as I calculate them (([target frame]-[number of roamers]-[Frame of Legend])/2) so since I have zero roamers it becomes (417-1-0)/2, 208 flips. I were being very careful both times, so it strikes me odd that I missed it both times, although it is possible that I hit the 421 frame one by counting 2 times wrong.

@Ferrouswheel; But, I thought it was 192, then + 1, so 192*2 and then + 1, or am I missing something.

actually the sent pokemon isn't considered when determining the frame, so to get a frame of 3 you have to catch two pokemon, the first caught will appear on frame 1, the second on frame 3 when you send them back through receieve gift
Ahh..

so
catch 1 is frame 1,
catch 2 is frame 3,
catch 3 is frame 5

Yup BUT sending a pokemon home instead of receiving gift advances the IRNG +40^^ so you would be on 232 and 233.
(which is one of the at least useful things for RNGing pokewalker)
So, you recommend just using the receive gift, right?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Ferrouswheel; But, I thought it was 192, then + 1, so 192*2 and then + 1, or am I missing something.

Ahh..

so
catch 1 is frame 1,
catch 2 is frame 3,
catch 3 is frame 5

So, you recommend just using the receive gift, right?
correct on the frames and its best to use the receive gift option, not only because the IRG advancements is more consistent but that way you can keep the pokemon that appear from a specific group the same. So if you were looking for munchlax for example, and you attempted to RNG one by returning all your pokemon using the return from stroll option and you failed, then you'd have to send your pokemon back for another stroll, and by doing so you may have changed the pokemon that appear for each group so instead of munchlax you might get beldum instead as your group A pokemon.

the frame of the legend is 1 so instead of 417 you are getting 418

No matter how many times I read this it doesn't make sense.

I wrote my journal flip calculations (417-1)/2, so I AM taking the 1 legend frame into consideration. In fact, without any roamers, wouldn't hitting an even frame on an uneven frame Pokemon be impossible?

in that case, i dont know whats happening. only roamers could affect that :S
are you sure that there are no roamers out?

in that case, i dont know whats happening. only roamers could affect that :S
are you sure that there are no roamers out?

Yeah, just caught Mesprit and haven't released either of the birds or Cresselia. I guess I just somehow managed to count wrong twice.

correct on the frames and its best to use the receive gift option, not only because the IRG advancements is more consistent but that way you can keep the pokemon that appear from a specific group the same. So if you were looking for munchlax for example, and you attempted to RNG one by returning all your pokemon using the return from stroll option and you failed, then you'd have to send your pokemon back for another stroll, and by doing so you may have changed the pokemon that appear for each group so instead of munchlax you might get beldum instead as your group A pokemon.
Ok, thanks so far, when I have some time I'll try it out.

Ok thanks for the list =D

But there is another problem I came across:

I have found my target spread:
ID: 65397
Sid: 54783

But somehow I can't generate the time in the RNG Reporter.
It crashes.

That is not a target spread, that is your ID and SID. If you don't post the seed that you want, we won't be able to help you.

How come you know only the PID? Where did you get that ID/SID combo anyway? Wasn't done in Pandora Box? Pandora Box will give you the Seed if you give a PID and says you want it shiny.

Can I please get some sort of private tutor or something because I have no idea how to RNG pokemon with good IVs.

I have read a bit of the guide and it make no sense to me what so ever

How come you know only the PID? Where did you get that ID/SID combo anyway? Wasn't done in Pandora Box? Pandora Box will give you the Seed if you give a PID and says you want it shiny.

I have it from the excel sheet I asked for earlier.
On page 810 there should be a link to the post wich contains a download link of the excel sheet.

I want to try to hit that id+sid because then I can try and get Pokewalker shiny's.

You can't use that spreadsheet that way. You need to get the PID from the excel, input it on Pandora Box, and use Pandora Box to search for an ID/SID combo for that PID.

You can't use that spreadsheet that way. You need to get the PID from the excel, input it on Pandora Box, and use Pandora Box to search for an ID/SID combo for that PID.

I tried that already. But then "Pandora's box" just simply chrashes.
BTW I redownloaded the newest RNG Reporter and it shows as being Version 8.10 not 8.20

I don't think it will work; Wichu seemd to think that it specifically generates the PID to be nonshiny... But what kind of delay range do you want when abusing to get that ID/SID?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)