Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is it possible to check the delay under sandstorm weather conditions?
If so how?
I always get "No match was found for your flips"
is this on route 228?

you may want to enter the house on that route, check your delay there and then do 128 steps until you are back into the grass again.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible to check the delay under sandstorm weather conditions?
If so how?
I always get "No match was found for your flips"
catch a pokemon check its stats/IVs and use seed finder since you are radaring you could also use the pattern that the patches of grass move in to check but that only works when you have confirmed which pattern corresponds to the seed you want.

Instructions for installing and running RNG Reporter on Intel Macs

1) Download and install Mono for Mac OSX (note: you will need administrative privileges to install Mono).

2) Download RNG Reporter. Unpack the contents of the RNG Reporter .zip file onto your Desktop.

4) Download the RNG Reporter Mac supplement .zip file, attached to this post. Unpack the contents onto your Desktop

DOUBLE-CHECK: The files RNGReporter.exe, RNGReporter.exe.config MUST be directly on your Desktop, not contained within a folder on the Desktop. The RNG Reporter Mac supplement can actually be run from any location, but the Desktop is preferred.

5) Double-click the RNG Reporter icon. (Not the icon with the .exe extension.)
ThankYouThankYouThankYou!:heart:

I've been trying to get it to work on WineBottler, but I've had hold-ups with the .Net Winetricks. Unfortunately, the XP I run under boot camp died a week ago (crashes whenever I try to load it), so I've been without Windows stuff for a while, trying to get it to work. I think with this and Wine, there's no need for me to have XP anymore! ^_^

I don't realy get it, I start pikatimer at the same moment I set the time, and I reset when the first timer hits 0,00.
No, you're not getting it. I'm saying that the reason you kept getting 2 as your seconds in calibration is because your clocks weren't synched, and that using 11 for your calibrated seconds is too small. Use 14 or 15 instead.

No weather condition, I'm catching on the route just south of Stark Mountain. Same spot I've always caught when RNG'ing for shinies.

I don't think delay is actually important for hatching a shiny Pokemon (I'm not going for any specific IVs, which is when I think delays become important). As long as you know the minute you pressed A on the start screen, you should be able to just plug that in - along with stats of the Pokemon you catch - and get your initial seed from there.

edit: yeah this is just getting frustrating now, i went through and cleared out every value in RNG Reporter, synced and re-synced my DS and computer clocks three or four times, deleted RNG Reporter and downloaded it again, followed the guide step-by-step in re-entering values, made sure that what I did matched up as exactly as i could with various youtube videos depicting the process... still can't even get the right nature any more. Something is going very wrong somewhere but fucked if I know where it is.
Try the route to the right of the Survival Area instead, and see if that makes any difference. If not, all that comes to mind is that you're leaving the Happiness Checker open when you open the menu or go through a door (or somehow letting it open up when you're not supposed to)...or else there's some other random detail that you're forgetting to mention. You are using a full party of 6 Pokemon with the Happiness Checker, correct?

The next time you RNG breed and don't get the shiny egg you were looking for, try searching that seed on frames around the shiny frame you were targeting, for any eggs that might match up with what you got and see how far off you might have been. If you happen to be off by a multiple of 12, then you're messing up on the Poketch taps.

Can anyone tell me how the radio exactly works for advancing your frame? I've tried this 2 times and both failed. Someone told me to use the right under radio. Hold down the D pad and touch the right under radio. But again.. It failed.. =/ Can someone tell me how it works or what I did wrong..?
How it works? Hold down on the Down button on the D-Pad while you use the stylus to tap the bottom-right radio station (not on the circle!). Every time you tap, your frame will advance by 1. When doing this, Buena's Password cannot be playing, or else you won't get any RNG advancements at all. Also, mash the bottom-right station too quickly and it won't work, as it needs time to "de-tune" to keep advancing the frame, so keep it at a steady rate.

What you did wrong? Not when you didn't actually give any detail of exactly what you're doing.

I'm a little confused with starting frames for wonder card iv's in platinum.

On the guide, it says that my start frame is 1 unless I have any wandering pokemon, it's 2.

This confuses me because when finding your frame for egg abuse, I typically range from 1-5.

If I need to calibrate it, can somebody help me to do so within a pokemart?

I'm a little confused with starting frames for wonder card iv's in platinum.

On the guide, it says that my start frame is 1 unless I have any wandering pokemon, it's 2.

This confuses me because when finding your frame for egg abuse, I typically range from 1-5.

If I need to calibrate it, can somebody help me to do so within a pokemart?

all (or most) wondercard pkmn are frame 1. If you have a roaming pokemon, then when you start the game, the frame would advance by 1 for each roaming pokemon.

If you have a roaming pokemon your calculations will be

[frame with desired ivs] -1 [for wondercard pkmn] - # of roamers =
total advancement needed

no roamers its
frame - 1[for wondercard] = total number of advancement

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do anyone know if the NPCS in Canalave will affect my frames? (I m planning to do my first fishing rng

Check on wandering NPCs on the shop. I had a similar problem due to one of them. The starting frame should be 1, +1 for EACH wandering pokemon, and the wandering in-shop NPCs can advance the frame too if the RNG checks their movement before you hit the guy with your mon.

all (or most) wondercard pkmn are frame 1. If you have a roaming pokemon, then when you start the game, the frame would advance by 1 for each roaming pokemon.

If you have a roaming pokemon your calculations will be

[frame with desired ivs] -1 [for wondercard pkmn] - # of roamers =
total advancement needed

no roamers its
frame - 1[for wondercard] = total number of advancement

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do anyone know if the NPCS in Canalave will affect my frames? (I m planning to do my first fishing rng
Thanks, :)
If the npc moves your frame will increase, which can be hard to predict.
Make sure they are not moving, or do not move until after you hook your pokemon.

:)

Check on wandering NPCs on the shop. I had a similar problem due to one of them. The starting frame should be 1, +1 for EACH wandering pokemon, and the wandering in-shop NPCs can advance the frame too if the RNG checks their movement before you hit the guy with your mon.
This I know, I had the same problem with egg abuse at first.

I'm having problems with downloading the RNG Reporter. I clicked on the link in Mingot's sig. and then I clicked on the install. NET thing (It said it was required or something like that). After I finished with that, I clicked on the download link and a window came up. The window gave me three options: Open/ Save/ Cancel. I clicked save, and the Reporter started to download. It finished quickly. Then, I saved it into my downloaads folder. I opened my dowloads folder and clicked on RNG Reporter, but for some reason it opened as a Windows Media Player File and it said there was an error. Then I closed it, and right clicked RNG Reporter and went on Open With. Does anyone know what your supposed to open it with? I thought it was default, maybe I did something by accident. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

How can you manipulate which Pokemon you encounter when you are RNGing for Perfect Captured Pokemon? Can I always encounter a Ditto or is it always random? (I'm trying to RNG for a hexflawless Ditto in the wild in HGSS).

I've read the Guide to Capturing Perfect Pokemon and have not found an answer to my question :(

How can you manipulate which Pokemon you encounter when you are RNGing for Perfect Captured Pokemon? Can I always encounter a Ditto or is it always random? (I'm trying to RNG for a hexflawless Ditto in the wild in HGSS).

I've read the Guide to Capturing Perfect Pokemon and have not found an answer to my question :(
There's something called "encounter slots". You right click on your desired spread and select "calculate encounter slots" to check which one it is. To see which Pokémon will appear on that particular encounter slot you have the links to the encounter tables right bellow the encounter slots.
If the encounter slot of that frame does not correspond to Ditto on the Route you're trying to catch it, try checking another frame of the same seed with the same IV spread. The encounter slots of different frames are usually different and more than likely you'll find one that corresponds to your desired Ditto.

So as you can see I'm new around here (well I've been lurking for a while but that's not important)

Anyways, I've been trying to learn how to rng abuse for awhile. When I calibrated I got a second's value of 35 every time, which seems pretty high because my delay is 505 to 515. Seeing that when i look at most of the information and it seems like most seconds values are in the teens and the delays are in the 600s. I know each game is different so I figured i should just go ahead and try it.

So i've been trying to hatch a careful shiny Swablu. The frame is 14 and the delay is 513, which should be easier for me to hit right? I know i shouldn't have such a high frame but i figured calling younger joey 6 times and elm once wouldn't be too bad if i could just hit my delay.

I've been using the pikatimer for it. But every time i try it, I get in the game at the right time, but my delays are much higher then what i want them to be even though the second timer only has a little over 14 seconds on it.

Am i doing something completely wrong? Should I recalibrate and try for higher delays and smaller seconds? Or should I just keep at it in the hopes of eventually hitting it?

Thanks to anyone who helps.

So as you can see I'm new around here (well I've been lurking for a while but that's not important)

Anyways, I've been trying to learn how to rng abuse for awhile. When I calibrated I got a second's value of 35 every time, which seems pretty high because my delay is 505 to 515. Seeing that when i look at most of the information and it seems like most seconds values are in the teens and the delays are in the 600s. I know each game is different so I figured i should just go ahead and try it.

So i've been trying to hatch a careful shiny Swablu. The frame is 14 and the delay is 513, which should be easier for me to hit right? I know i shouldn't have such a high frame but i figured calling younger joey 6 times and elm once wouldn't be too bad if i could just hit my delay.

I've been using the pikatimer for it. But every time i try it, I get in the game at the right time, but my delays are much higher then what i want them to be even though the second timer only has a little over 14 seconds on it.

Am i doing something completely wrong? Should I recalibrate and try for higher delays and smaller seconds? Or should I just keep at it in the hopes of eventually hitting it?

Thanks to anyone who helps.
1. HG/SS delays are usually between 485 - 510 unlike DPPt which are, as you say in the 600ish so yours is not off as you said.
2. Make sure you're doing the calibration phase correctly: it is impossible to have such a high seconds value with such a low delay if you SR by the time the DS clock reaches a new minute. Make sure that you correctly synchronized it with an external clock with a seconds reader and soft/hard reseted when the clock hit 0.
3. 14 isn't a high frame, it's rather low actually.
4. Don't use pikatimer for delays you can usually hit.

How can I RNG Wonder Card Jirachi? Should I just call Joey (if that advances the frame by.. something) the appropriate number of times?

EDIT: Also, where should I catch a Pokemon to find my seed? I can't find any area with pokemon over lvl 50.

How can I RNG Wonder Card Jirachi? Should I just call Joey (if that advances the frame by.. something) the appropriate number of times?
Hum... No. First of all, I dunno if this will be your first RNG abuse but as you seem to have no basic knowledge about it I'd bet it is. And if I'm correct, you should not, in any case, start by a wondercard abuse. You can use the RNG mechanics to get wondercard Pokémon with perfect IV's. However, the natures are totally random and therefore, can not be controlled. For someone with no experience, it would be really hard to hit a particular delay and frame enough times to get the desired nature, especially when taking into account the fact that there are annoying NPC's inside the Pokémart.
The thing is, before the frame advancement you mention, you'd have to hit the desired seed by hitting the correct delay and seconds when you enter the gameworld.
That said, you can't just start RNG'ing without learning the basics. It's not that simple. You need to do a calibration phase to find out your usual delay and seconds value and you should get familiarized with the process of RNG breeding and capturing before attempting to do it on wondercard Pokémon.
I'm not going to explain how because there are better guides, made with time and better than anything I could possibly write right now.
However, I can redirect you to these guides:
This is a nice guide on pretty much everything (though I don't know if it also includes the much needed calibration phase) and the videos located on this post are quite helpful as well (they played an important role on how I learned to RNG 2 years ago).

Hum... No. First of all, I dunno if this will be your first RNG abuse but as you seem to have no basic knowledge about it I'd bet it is. And if I'm correct, you should not, in any case, start by a wondercard abuse. You can use the RNG mechanics to get wondercard Pokémon with perfect IV's. However, the natures are totally random and therefore, can not be controlled. For someone with no experience, it would be really hard to hit a particular delay and frame enough times to get the desired nature, especially when taking into account the fact that there are annoying NPC's inside the Pokémart.
The thing is, before the frame advancement you mention, you'd have to hit the desired seed by hitting the correct delay and seconds when you enter the gameworld.
That said, you can't just start RNG'ing without learning the basics. It's not that simple. You need to do a calibration phase to find out your usual delay and seconds value and you should get familiarized with the process of RNG breeding and capturing before attempting to do it on wondercard Pokémon.
I'm not going to explain how because there are better guides, made with time and better than anything I could possibly write right now.
However, I can redirect you to these guides:
This is a nice guide on pretty much everything (though I don't know if it also includes the much needed calibration phase) and the videos located on this post are quite helpful as well (they played an important role on how I learned to RNG 2 years ago).
Thanks. Alright, I'll try to RNG some other stuff first, then.
Yeah, I've read the guide, but I still can't find out where I can catch pokemon in HG that has a high enough level. Also, that guide is for DPPt, so a lot of that stuff is impossible in HG (journal, coin flips etc.).
Thanks for the videos, though, those will come in handy.

Thanks. Alright, I'll try to RNG some other stuff first, then.
Yeah, I've read the guide, but I still can't find out where I can catch pokemon in HG that has a high enough level. Also, that guide is for DPPt, so a lot of that stuff is impossible in HG (journal, coin flips etc.). Which is why I asked.
Thanks for pointing that out but the only different thing between DPPt is the seed checking (coin flips --> Elm Calls) and the frame advancement (journal --> Radio/Elm Calls). However, all that info is also posted on the first page.

About the high level Pokémon, they're only needed for the calibration phase because after knowing your usual delay range / learning how to use timers, you'll be able to check it using the Elm Calls. That high level Pokémon can be found on Mt.Silver (it doesn't need to be 50+, usually 47+ is enough for RNG Reporter to find your delay).

About info concerning the frame advancement (radio)/seed checking using the Elm Calls, you can find it in the following posts:
Radio and HGSS monster frames
Seed Verifying using Roamers and Elm Calls

Also the calibration phase is fundamentally the same for both DPPt and HGSS and the post with videos that I pointed on the last post also has videos concerning the RNG abuse on HGSS.

Hope I helped^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)