Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, I need someone experienced with HGSS RNG'ing to verify this for me:

I've correctly hit my SEED, verified by calling Elm 9 times and plugging the results into RNG Reporter. There are no Roamers on my game, I have defeated them all. As I understand it, I am on frame 9 right now, correct? There are no wandering NPC's in the area I am RNG'ing in.

My target frame is frame 25 and I am using Sweet Scent, so...
25 - monster frame[2] - 9
25 - 11
14 RNG advances required to hit my target frame?

Please respond soon ^.^
Whoever answers correctly may have a free semi-redis copy if I successfully RNG it!
If it helps, this is my seed: ee1208cc

Just use the Elm Responses and wait until you hit the response that match the 23rd frame. Then use sweet scent ON YOUR BIKE and there you go:)

AW FUCK!
I did everything you said, but the wrong poké came up >___>
Seriously.

What is considered nighttime in HGSS? I was aiming for Venonat on route 24, but instead I got a Bellsprout >___>

Acid Paradox's Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebell (SIMON) **FIRST HGSS ABUSE!

IV's: 31/19/31/30/30/31 (HP Ground 70)
Nature/Ability: Timid/Chlorophyll
Moves: Growth, Vine Whip, ----, ----
UNTOUCHED
Semi-Redis (You can redis, those who receive from you cannot)

Youngster Joey says he wants to battle... this means that calling him will NOT advance the IRNG, correct? Should I just go find him and beat him, and then I'll be able to use him to advance the IRNG? If not, who else can I call?

Is there a guide to breeding shiny eggs in HGSS, or do we only have the info on the front post to use? Thanks in advance ^^

Hey guys. I've all of a sudden started having trouble hatching Shiny eggs in my Platinum so I thought I'd come here for help. I have, in the past, hatched several different shiny Pokemon on this cart using the RNG method, so I have been successful with it and I do understand what to do. However, as of yesterday, it just won't work. I can't get a shiny, and I even failed to get just the correct nature when I tried it a few minutes ago, even though it said I required no taps at all to get it. Obviously something has gone wrong somewhere, and I think that last attempt (along with the 15+ attempts before it) rules out me just being a bad counter, so I need some help figuring out what I've done wrong.

My DS's date and time are syncronised to my computer clock; They are within a fraction of a second of each other. The time I am entering in RNG Reporter is correct.

I am catching Pokemon above Level 50.

The Poketch is on the application before the Happiness Checker when I begin the process. The Happiness Checker is only open while I am required to tap it.

My ID and SID are entered correctly into RNG Reporter. I have checked and re-checked this several times.

I am finding the initial seed by Stats, I am entering the correct Pokemon and stats and I never receive any errors.

I am selecting "DPP" in RNG Reporter, and am trying to breed on a Platinum cart.

Parents are from the same cart, so same nationality. I am choosing DPPt Egg PID (Normal).

Neither parents are holding Everstones.

I am not double tapping/tapping an incorrect number of times (as proven above, where I did not get the correct result even though it required no taps at all).

I have been attempting to breed two Flygons, however when I realized it wasn't working, I switched to two Ninetales - who I have successfully RNG'd a shiny baby from in the past - and the method did not work for them either. The problem is not the Pokemon being bred.

So yeah, even though as far as I can tell, I'm doing everything correctly - as in, the way I've done it and succeeded lots of times in the past - the result is always wrong. I've scoured the RNG Reporter fields for a stray value I might have entered somewhere, but to no avail. Every single piece of information it holds is correct. The result it gives me is always wrong.

Any help further troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Hey guys. I've all of a sudden started having trouble hatching Shiny eggs in my Platinum so I thought I'd come here for help. I have, in the past, hatched several different shiny Pokemon on this cart using the RNG method, so I have been successful with it and I do understand what to do. However, as of yesterday, it just won't work. I can't get a shiny, and I even failed to get just the correct nature when I tried it a few minutes ago, even though it said I required no taps at all to get it. Obviously something has gone wrong somewhere, and I think that last attempt (along with the 15+ attempts before it) rules out me just being a bad counter, so I need some help figuring out what I've done wrong.

My DS's date and time are syncronised to my computer clock; They are within a fraction of a second of each other. The time I am entering in RNG Reporter is correct.

I am catching Pokemon above Level 50.

The Poketch is on the application before the Happiness Checker when I begin the process. The Happiness Checker is only open while I am required to tap it.

My ID and SID are entered correctly into RNG Reporter. I have checked and re-checked this several times.

I am finding the initial seed by Stats, I am entering the correct Pokemon and stats and I never receive any errors.

I am selecting "DPP" in RNG Reporter, and am trying to breed on a Platinum cart.

Parents are from the same cart, so same nationality. I am choosing DPPt Egg PID (Normal).

Neither parents are holding Everstones.

I am not double tapping/tapping an incorrect number of times (as proven above, where I did not get the correct result even though it required no taps at all).

Any help further troubleshooting would be appreciated.
I won't apologize for stating the obvious because that's precisely what we would be trying to discard here: Are your seconds/delays consistent, according to reporter? Are you catching the pokemon (used to measure the initial seed) from an area that suffers a weather condition? I can't think of anything else that would help.

Finally! Caught my Adamant 31/31/30/31/30/31 Ho-oh! After 222 Frames of Calling Professor Elm/ Youngster Joey! lol

My target delay was 640 and its an even number. So yey for that <3

I won't apologize for stating the obvious because that's precisely what we would be trying to discard here: Are your seconds/delays consistent, according to reporter? Are you catching the pokemon (used to measure the initial seed) from an area that suffers a weather condition? I can't think of anything else that would help.
No weather condition, I'm catching on the route just south of Stark Mountain. Same spot I've always caught when RNG'ing for shinies.

I don't think delay is actually important for hatching a shiny Pokemon (I'm not going for any specific IVs, which is when I think delays become important). As long as you know the minute you pressed A on the start screen, you should be able to just plug that in - along with stats of the Pokemon you catch - and get your initial seed from there.

edit: yeah this is just getting frustrating now, i went through and cleared out every value in RNG Reporter, synced and re-synced my DS and computer clocks three or four times, deleted RNG Reporter and downloaded it again, followed the guide step-by-step in re-entering values, made sure that what I did matched up as exactly as i could with various youtube videos depicting the process... still can't even get the right nature any more. Something is going very wrong somewhere but fucked if I know where it is.

Sorry for the double post, forgot to multi-quote...

Is there a guide to breeding shiny eggs in HGSS, or do we only have the info on the front post to use? Thanks in advance ^^
Watch bearsfan092's videos - they are very helpful. Also Riski has some useful info on her trade thread.

Youngster Joey says he wants to battle... this means that calling him will NOT advance the IRNG, correct? Should I just go find him and beat him, and then I'll be able to use him to advance the IRNG? If not, who else can I call?
Beat him up, then make sure it's not a Monday when you call again, as that's the day he accepts rematches. :)

Ok, so I wanted to download the latest RNG reporter, when I put it in my pokemon folder, when I clicked on it, a billion internet browsers popped up, and wouldnt stop coming up until I logged off

I have another question regarding Feebas/Fishing.

I need to reach frame 455 on this seed: 4c08034b
am going for the 30/20/29/30/27/31 Calm spread.

right now, im doing 455 - 4 (for fishing) - 1 (movement in water) = 450/2 = 225 journal flips

normally this should be correct, but everytime I do it I land frame 456. i have done moving and turning, both give 456. i have done without moving and turning, frame 454.

so apparently im stuck at even frames.

----

now I wanted to test stuff with the "No Nibble" message.

so I hit a random seed and inserted this in rng reporter. Seed: 4C08033D

now, fishing gives 4 frames, and at frame 4 i should get "no nibble"

so i fished, and as expected i got no nibble :)

i then expected to be at frame 5, so fishing another time would give frame 9 right?

but this is where it goes wrong, I'm landing on either frame 6 or 40

after that i fish another time and land a spread that could be on frames:
86 or 112

can anyone explain this?

Just another n00b question. I never got around to checking my SiD with the gyarados method. I'm about to do so now, but I still have the roamers running around. Will that interfere?

Unless somebody wants to save me the trouble and check for me with an AR. >.>

omg, really sorry about the original question.

i got another one, i was breeding for flawless horsea, and i hit my seconds and delay, when i checked its IVs, it was far from flawless, and i remember one of the cowgirls moved about half a step to a whole step, did that chance my frame?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just another n00b question. I never got around to checking my SiD with the gyarados method. I'm about to do so now, but I still have the roamers running around. Will that interfere?

Unless somebody wants to save me the trouble and check for me with an AR. >.>
no the roamers will not interfere with using the red gyarados to check your SID and if you'd rather skip that hassle then do what I told the other user below to do.

yea, is there anyone on this thread that can check SIDs? if there is, i would like to check my SID as well
read the first post it says no asking for SID checks here go ask on simple questions/requests

Can anyone tell me how the radio exactly works for advancing your frame? I've tried this 2 times and both failed. Someone told me to use the right under radio. Hold down the D pad and touch the right under radio. But again.. It failed.. =/ Can someone tell me how it works or what I did wrong..?

Riski has an very good guide. Also for IV rng in HG.
I got Shiny Egg + Flawless IVs on my very first try with this guide.
Here it is: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2751946&postcount=7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)