Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I was RNGing for Zapdos. I had a Bold synchronizer it the first slot. My seed was e40209d3, and I was aiming for Frame 13

I assume this would give me a Bold Zapdos, but instead I get a Quirky one with those IVs. Can anyone help me?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That's not how it works. If RNG Reporter lists quirky, you get quirky. What RNG Reporter displays is exactly what you get if you hit the seed shown, have a synchronizer of the specified type in the lead of your party, and hit that frame.

Can anybody help me? Question is in Sig. Also, if my L and R buttons don't work can I just set the DS to automatic game loading and turn it off instead of pressing L+R+select+Start?
That seems like a lot of unpredictable load time. You can just sit on the DS Menu and launch it form there at the right time. I've tried launching the game then SR at the right moment and I've tried launching the game straight from the menu at the right moment, and both seem to be nearly identical. I cannot tell a difference in delay doing it it either way. If you're using a timer program, it wouldn't even matter if they were different just as long as they were consistent.

I started RNGing in SS today (did so before on Diamond).

I was aiming for a delay of 639, but with my calibrated delay (497) and Pikatimer, I actually hit a delay of 671.
Then I assumed I could substract 32 delays of my calibrated delay to get the same result, bur rather I got 661.
Then I tried substracting 22 and see what I got - but I hit delay 663 instead.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: if I'm aiming for frame 103 and using Sweet Scent, I'll only need to do 100 frame advancements right? (frame 1 start + 10 Elm verification + 90 other advancements + 2 from Sweet Scent).

And NOT generate results international parents, even if you are using them.
Wait, does this mean that I've been RNGing (trying to hit my seed actually <_<) for the past two hours unnecessarily and that the Pokémon I bred for mistake as a non-international-parented will hatch shiny in that person's game? With a different nature? °_°

In HG my target is frame 5. To seed check with elm I need 9 calls. Do I need to do 5 calls, then pick up the egg, and then finish the other 4 to make sure? Or do I do 9 calls to verify the seed and then another 5?

What are the average delys for HG?
The guide says 480.

In HG my target is frame 5. To seed check with elm I need 9 calls. Do I need to do 5 calls, then pick up the egg, and then finish the other 4 to make sure? Or do I do 9 calls to verify the seed and then another 5?

The guide says 480.
Neither. What I would do is make 4 calls, pick up egg, then make the rest.
The starting frame is 1, so if you picked it up at 5 calls, you would be on Frame 6.

@SnK: Do 4 calls to see if you might have hit your delay. If they do match, then pick up the egg. Don't try to use calls to continue verifying since the frame gets advanced a little more after pickup. What I'd suggest is catching a pokemon and checking your seed that way (just get a high leveled one and use the seed finder).

In RNG reporter, I have used the Calculate Encounter Slots option for seed 600301FB, frame 65. This, if I am reading the Encounter Slots right, says that I will find an Onix on Mt.Silver's Mountin Side.
So: Am I reading it right?

does sweet scent advance the frame by six in pokemon platinum?

do traded pokemon appearing on a journal page in pokemon platinum also advance the frame by two?

I have question i have read in LF post about the random advance in the wild if you walk forward instead of turn+walk all the time but is this only for RNG chaining? because it might take me a while to do 3000+ flips and walking would be so much easier but i have this concern

When rng the pokewalker what is the starting frame?? And what is with the connection 192 advances what does that mean? when does that happen and how many times can you do it? Just looking for a better explaination for that part, hard to understand from the guide on pokewalker abuse.

and you use method 1 to find seed?

do you have to find ivs and nature seperate on pokewalker rng? if you do..how do you fiind nature using rng reporter?

i just used capture method 1... to find a seed, will that be my ivs AND nature?

In RNG reporter, I have used the Calculate Encounter Slots option for seed 600301FB, frame 65. This, if I am reading the Encounter Slots right, says that I will find an Onix on Mt.Silver's Mountin Side.
So: Am I reading it right?
yes

does sweet scent advance the frame by six in pokemon platinum?

do traded pokemon appearing on a journal page in pokemon platinum also advance the frame by two?
about sweet scent,no.It advances the frame by two.You probably had 4 pokes in your party,and did 128 steps,that's why you got 6 (2 + 4).

about the traded pokes,no.At least i've never seen that.

I have question i have read in LF post about the random advance in the wild if you walk forward instead of turn+walk all the time but is this only for RNG chaining? because it might take me a while to do 3000+ flips and walking would be so much easier but i have this concern
No,it's the same for everything,radar or normal rng in the grass.
For normal sweet scent encounters, you should be able to check your frame,by catching a poke.Check its actual frame and add 7( 5 for the battle ,plus 2 for the sweet scent).Although,you better do the flips instead,imo.

What does it mean if i'm getting roamer results that aren't even on the page or adjacent to my target? Is that a sign of something i'm doing wrong?

Can somebody tell me if these seeds/pid would have Wurmple evolve into a Beautifly or Dustox please.

Seed PID
500A01FD F1EFEE4D
730D0224 859D9A3D
890F0234 01951E37
9F020208 264E39E8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)