Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is there some kind of shortcut to do frames like 10000+ to become less than 3000? because i have some descent shiny spreads but they all have frames over 9000!!!
I'm assuming you've found these spreads via PokéRNG, or are restricing your delay by a lot. First thing to do is run a search in PokéRNG for your desired attributes, and set the maximum delay to 99999. Then, when you get your results, ignore the frame PokéRNG gives you. Instead, type the spread into the Seed Finder in RNG Reporter, with the Open radio button selected and the Delay under 10000 box checked. The seeds the spread appars on will be isted in order of ascending frame. Find one with a decent compromise beween Frame and Delay, and go for that. If you don't know how to hit high delays, look up the PikaTimer tutorial on the front page.

Hope I've helped.

When rng the pokewalker what is the starting frame?? And what is with the connection 192 advances what does that mean? when does that happen and how many times can you do it? Just looking for a better explaination for that part, hard to understand from the guide on pokewalker abuse.

and you use method 1 to find seed?

do you have to find ivs and nature seperate on pokewalker rng? if you do..how do you fiind nature using rng reporter?

i just used capture method 1... to find a seed, will that be my ivs AND nature?
anyone??

hi,i wonder if it is possible (with rng reporter or other program available) to find a set of PID and IVs for a range of seeds?for instance if i want to find method 1 PID and IV sets to make a pokemon shiny, but want to see all the possibilities using any seed between 0xFF00 to 0xFFFF or something, how may i do it?

hi,i wonder if it is possible (with rng reporter or other program available) to find a set of PID and IVs for a range of seeds?for instance if i want to find method 1 PID and IV sets to make a pokemon shiny, but want to see all the possibilities using any seed between 0xFF00 to 0xFFFF or something, how may i do it?
If you're asking if you can RNG your SID OT before you start a game, you need to go to the first page of this help thread and scroll down until you find the post that covers how to do this. All the links you need will be on that guide.

If you're asking if you can RNG your SID OT before you start a game, you need to go to the first page of this help thread and scroll down until you find the post that covers how to do this. All the links you need will be on that guide.
hey, thanks for replying, but this isn't what i need:Pi want to use rng reporter (or another program that can accomplish this) so that i can find all the PID and IVs spreads to make a pokemon shiny over a certain range of seeds (unlike the rng reporter where you can plug in only one seed)for instance lets say i want to find all the shiny spreads using method 1 for a pokemon with id 31111 and sid 57080, but i want to find all the possibilities using any starting seed from, say, FF00 to FFFFis there a way that i can do this?

Okay this is my first time trying this in HG/SS but I've done it many times in DPP, though this is also my first time using pikatimer.

I'm not getting any Elm call match that I can use to help even verify if I'm even close to hitting my delay.

Seed: 9b0c16bb
Frame: 14
Date/time: 2010/07/08 12:49:50
Delay: 5809

Should be: Timid 31/23/31/30/31/31 No synch

Here's what I'm entering into pikatimer

Calibrated delay: 480
Wanted delay: 5809
Calibrated seconds: 14
Wanted seconds: 50

This created

First timer: 67.18
Second timer: 102.82
Minutes before: 2

So I set my date to July 8th, 2010. My clock to 12:47 and start pikatimer at the same time. At the end of the first timer I start the game and then hit A until I hit the continue screen. At the end of the 2nd timer I hit A and I'm in the game. I record Elm's responses but I'm not getting any matches.

I've done no 'calibrations' in this game as the front page says that's really outdated and I wanted to try pikatimer. I've button mashed my way through about 30 pokes in DPP.

Does this seem right? Anything I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Okay, now I got a match (somewhat?) I got EEEKKPEPE which matched a (EEK)EEEKPEPE

Does this mean I started on frame 3? Why would that be? I've killed off all roamers (ie. Entei and Raikou) ...Lati@s hasn't been released yet, I don't think. At least it doesn't show up on the Kanto map...
First of all, why are you trying to hit a delay that high instead of just using a Synchronizer, when having one gives you options like these:

F30004C2 Delay: 1208 Frame: 14 Timid 31/31/31/30/31/31
B81009F4 Delay: 2538 Frame: 6 Timid 31/23/31/30/31/31

Second, whenever you adjust Pikatimer you need to double-check that the two timers still add up to your target seconds, because it only adjusts one of the timers automatically. The other one doesn't change unless you manually change it, so if the second timer changes by more than a second you need to adjust for that in the first.

And, third for the record, that doesn't count as a match.

Asking this, and a new question.
Can you RNG abuse on a acekard? (A type of flashcart)
If you're copying the coin flips down right, then it should be working...unless you're flipping in weather, that is. There's nothing else short of opening the Happiness Checker or generating an egg by accident that should be messing with your flips like that. If you're using Pikatimer, you might want to double-check that both timers are actually adding up to your target seconds, though.

Oh, and yes you can.

No, no, and no. The IVs are calculated using the Wondercard method. The nature is determined by the IRNG, which advances by 192 each time you make a successful connection (that spiral you see on the screen when you send/receive a Pokemon). However, the nature you see on RNG Reporter still isn't going to be what you get, as you need to actually use a mod with that frame's PID to figure out the nature. On top of that, the ability you get is tied to your ID/SID pair, so even if you manage to do everything else right there's still no guarantee that you'll get what you're looking for.

Bottom line: It requires being able to do a lot of calculations as well as some luck, and if you can't handle that (which I'm guessing you can't considering how confused that post made you) then you can't abuse the PokeWalker right now at all.

hey, thanks for replying, but this isn't what i need:Pi want to use rng reporter (or another program that can accomplish this) so that i can find all the PID and IVs spreads to make a pokemon shiny over a certain range of seeds (unlike the rng reporter where you can plug in only one seed)for instance lets say i want to find all the shiny spreads using method 1 for a pokemon with id 31111 and sid 57080, but i want to find all the possibilities using any starting seed from, say, FF00 to FFFFis there a way that i can do this?
Wichu's RNG Program by Wichu
This program was developed for Pokémon Emerald's RNG, rather than DPPt's (as evidenced by the filename). However, as all Pokémon games use the same basic RNG, it can actually be used for DPPt too. In fact, this program includes some handy features specific to those games. DPPt specific is a shiny seed finder that can find ALL of your shinys in about 5 minutes.
This is what you want to use.

How many frames does Suicune advance?
Yesterday I tried Suicune at frame 114... But I kinda found out that I hit 116 two or three times. So I guess Suicune advances 3 frames? Or am I totally wrong?

I have a question regarding everstone breeding. I want to get a shiny adamant but when i check my seed using stats, none is available (already made more than 20 tries). mingot's guide mentions that an everstone isn't required nor helpful. Would it mess shininess to attach an everstone to the mother? And since it's 50% chance to pass the nature, how can you tell which baby would get it?

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yesterday I tried Suicune at frame 114... But I kinda found out that I hit 116 two or three times. So I guess Suicune advances 3 frames? Or am I totally wrong?
You're probably generating Method 1 results. In HGSS, stationary legends are method K.

It could be that you have roamers running around and advancing your frame.

It could be that you have roamers running around and advancing your frame.
All three roamers are still roaming. (Raikou, Entei and Latias.)
I thought they only advances the first three frames when you just started.. But do they also advances the frame of Suicune when I talk to Suicune?

I have a question regarding everstone breeding. I want to get a shiny adamant but when i check my seed using stats, none is available (already made more than 20 tries). mingot's guide mentions that an everstone isn't required nor helpful. Would it mess shininess to attach an everstone to the mother? And since it's 50% chance to pass the nature, how can you tell which baby would get it?
Yes, the Everstone will completely mess up your results, so it is necessary not to use one when RNG abusing. And get what? Nature? That comes with the package when you abuse for a shiny egg.

All three roamers are still roaming. (Raikou, Entei and Latias.)
I thought they only advances the first three frames when you just started.. But do they also advances the frame of Suicune when I talk to Suicune?
You probably miscounted when you were frame advancing. You're supposed to advance until you're on the frame before the target, then get it. Also, sometimes the roamers will advance by an extra frame or two, depending on where they were when you last saved. RNG Reporter warns you about this if you tell it where they were.

What do you exactly mean with miscounted?
My wanted frame was 657. I stopped calling Elm and Joey on 653. So I thought the roamers would advance my frame by three and Suicune would advance it by one. Which make it 4 and then I should hit 657. However I was wrong and I read about that roamers could advance the frame by one or two which I found out wayy too late.
I guess I've to kill the roamers and then I've to stop calling Elm and Joey one frame before my wanted frame? (So 656?) So that means Suicune advances the frame by one?

Well.. As I said I stopped calling at the frame of 653 and talked to Suicune after. I just had to try even I knew I could have done something wrong. And the Suicune wasn't the Suicune I was hoping for. I was looking what his frame was and I found out his frame was 644. Anyone knows how that is possible? Though I don't think that matter.. I guess I just have to kill the roamers and try it again.. Right?

What do you exactly mean with miscounted?
My wanted frame was 657. I stopped calling Elm and Joey on 653. So I thought the roamers would advance my frame by three and Suicune would advance it by one. Which make it 4 and then I should hit 657. However I was wrong and I read about that roamers could advance the frame by one or two which I found out wayy too late.
I guess I've to kill the roamers and then I've to stop calling Elm and Joey one frame before my wanted frame? (So 656?) So that means Suicune advances the frame by one?

Well.. As I said I stopped calling at the frame of 653 and talked to Suicune after. I just had to try even I knew I could have done something wrong. And the Suicune wasn't the Suicune I was hoping for. I was looking what his frame was and I found out his frame was 644. Anyone knows how that is possible? Though I don't think that matter.. I guess I just have to kill the roamers and try it again.. Right?
When you have roamers, the frames are already advanced. If you were looking at your list of Elm results while you were doing the calls, you should have seen that your starting point already had three skipped calls. Those were caused by your roamers. If you're not sure what I mean, go see my thread and look at the copy of the post by Pehu in my guide for hatching perfect eggs on HGSS. The same info applies to advancing frames for catching pokemon. You don't count so much as you just keep track of the calls to make sure they continue to match.

Why did you call Joey?
Joey advances the frames by two.

It advances the frame.
I think you should start using radio instead of Elm calls, it's faster and more accurate (RadioSeed is god).
I know I've tried it before with Jirachi. Though it only messed up and started to frustrate me. But that's because I did something wrong. I think it is a good idea to give it a try again.

When you have roamers, the frames are already advanced. If you were looking at your list of Elm results while you were doing the calls, you should have seen that your starting point already had three skipped calls. Those were caused by your roamers. If you're not sure what I mean, go see my thread and look at the copy of the post by Pehu in my guide for hatching perfect eggs on HGSS. The same info applies to advancing frames for catching pokemon. You don't count so much as you just keep track of the calls to make sure they continue to match.
Right. It confused me already. I was searching on google and some people said they do also advance your frame before you talked to Suicune. I guess they were wrong...

So what I got to do now is killing the roamers, hit my seed, calling Elm/Joey till frame 656 and talk to Suicune? (My wanted frame is 657 and Suicune advances it by one, right?) Or instead of calling I could use the radio.

Btw thanks everyone. And sorry for my bad English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)