Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have a huge problem.
In HGSS, when I enter my search Elm Combination, the RNG reporter does not give me a response. It does not highlight the delay I hit, nor does it say that my combination is incorrect. Can someone help me?

I have a huge problem.
In HGSS, when I enter my search Elm Combination, the RNG reporter does not give me a response. It does not highlight the delay I hit, nor does it say that my combination is incorrect. Can someone help me?
It means that you aren't even close to hitting the seed. What is the delay/seed/seconds you are trying to hit? Are you using Pika Timer?

Wow.....
My delay: 573
My seed: 7B050247
Seconds: 13
I think it's because for the pikatimer, my calibrated delay was way off. Is there any way to determine my calibrated delay?

Okay, I made a video of me RNGing, so you can see what's wrong.
Sorry for the very shitty video. Anything I'm doing wrong?
From the very, very, veeery little I could see...

1. Using an AR adds to the delay. I didn't see any sign of you compensating for that.

2. You only checked your frame once. That isn't how you're supposed to do it; you need to check your frame at least twice to see if you can stay consistent.

3. In the video, you hit seed 8C070287, which is 20 above your target delay. Your search range wasn't wide enough.

Wow.....
I think it's because for the pikatimer, my calibrated delay was way off. Is there any way to determine my calibrated delay?
For HGSS, put between 480 and 500 for your calibrated delay. I use 493 for my HG game.

Wow.....
Yes. Here are some steps to take:
1. Go to an area where you can catch wild pokémon level 50 or above.
2. Set the clock and a 60 second timer at the same time, and enter the game (take note of the date and time too).
3. At 0:00 on the timer, soft reset your game. Button-mash your way through the entire thing until you are actually in the game
4. Catch a wild pokémon level 50+
5. Calculate its IV's using MetalKid's IV calculator
6. Plug information into RNG Reporter to find your seed
7. Rinse & Repeat.

I'd say keep repeating this until you are at least semi-consistent with hitting the same delay range. You can almost NEVER always hit the same seed over and over and over again, as your button mashing with vary. Good luck :)

Hey. I don't know how to RNG yet, but I'm trying to. I'm trying to RNG on HG/SS. I've been looking at tutorials and they tell me I have to open a file called PokeRNG.exe which isn't in my RNG Reporter folder_830. The only files in there is the ReadMe file, the RNG reporter, and the RNG reporter.exe.config.

Can someone give me a hand? Thanks =)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm assuming you've found these spreads via PokéRNG, or are restricing your delay by a lot. First thing to do is run a search in PokéRNG for your desired attributes, and set the maximum delay to 99999. Then, when you get your results, ignore the frame PokéRNG gives you. Instead, type the spread into the Seed Finder in RNG Reporter, with the Open radio button selected and the Delay under 10000 box checked. The seeds the spread appars on will be isted in order of ascending frame. Find one with a decent compromise beween Frame and Delay, and go for that. If you don't know how to hit high delays, look up the PikaTimer tutorial on the front page.

Hope I've helped.
OMG I love you (no homo) thanks for the help also i have another question how do 3rd gen cartridges affect the frames or delay?

I've never rng caught before, so i wanted to try it. I've been trying to catch giratina in the distortion world. I took into consideration that technically he advances the frame by 22, 11 when i start and 11 when cancel the journal. The frame i'm trying to hit is 327 (the actual frame thats listed in the rng reporter, is that the right one?) So i subtracted 23 and divided by 2 giving me 152. I hit my seed twice, but both came out to not be what i wanted. One was brave and the other was naughty. I'm trying to catch a impish one.

Am i doing this correctly? I don't believe i'm messing up the journal flips, but its always a possibility. i just want to make sure everything is correct before i admit that its just me miscounting.

I have a huge problem.
lol z. you might want to explain a little more. 573 is the calibrated delay he used for pikatimer. he's also tried using 490, 520, 360, 620, and much more. none of which yielded any results. also, he's on a flash cart if that makes any bit of a difference. i was there when he did it, that's how i know.

@ skywalker, don't use the actual frame, use the plain old frame.

i too have a question. i'm breeding in hgss. normally you get frames like 3 or 4( i have 2 roamers out), but for some reason i'm getting things like 7 and 8. is it because my action replay is in or can that 1 npc possibly move 5 times during the millisecond it took me to press A. here's exactly what i did.

1. put in AR with hatch and iv check on
2. pick up egg
3. catch pokemon
4. hatch egg
5. check seed with seed finder and wild pokemons ivs
6. plug in seed and go to hgss breeding
7. check hatched poke's ivs and found that the corresponding frame was 7 the first time, then 4, then 8.

any ideas? i do have leafgreen in, and i didn't before.

if your id and sid make it shiny. you search for a spread that will match with your id and sid to be shiny, then you catch a legendary with that spread. hope this helps, but i really need help breeding this vulpix.

Are you sure you hit the correct seed? I just use roamers or elm responses to check.
im not aiming for a seed. im sure i hit the right seed because i catch a pokemon and use seed finder. but i think i know the problem. i took out leafgreen and sometimes, the egg would hatch before a wild pokemon appeared. so i caught a pokemon then hatched. this time, i got frame 4(when the roamers advanced it by 3 instead of 2). it seems to be back to normal. maybe it was a mixture of leafgreen being in there and the npc going on a turning rampage? all i know is that leafgreen played a part. i suggest this being researched(by someone other than me).

@pokefreak, umm rngreporter? pokerng? javarng? all of these work. heck, that's the main purpose of most of these. they're on the front page of this thread. what you do is go to time finder, go to capture, enter in the info., and search for a spread that will be shiny for you.

Hmm, that presents a problem for me, all the frames are even, even though there are 6 of them that apparently have the same spread. The smallest one is on 232, if i do 104 journal flips and one coin flip will that land me on the correct frame?

the six that are the same are probably because you have a synchronizer.

no, but did you calculate roamers? you could also walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in your party, then do 102 journal flips.

You probably miscounted when you were frame advancing. You're supposed to advance until you're on the frame before the target, then get it. Also, sometimes the roamers will advance by an extra frame or two, depending on where they were when you last saved. RNG Reporter warns you about this if you tell it where they were.
Hm, that's not what I thought...
When your target frame is 15 for example, and you have the following pattern :
12 - E
13 - E
14 - K
15 - P

For a monster frame of 1 (we'll take the suicune milanda was trying to catch), you call until you see EEK, doing so, since you have seen the "K", you are now on frame 15, and the suicune will have the spread from frame 15 when you battle it

The way I see it : monster frame of 1 you stop on target frame, monster frame of 2 you stop one frame before target (here it would be after you see EE, and you would be on frame 14), monster frame of 3 you stop 2 frames before target, etc

Am I correct ?

Hm, that's not what I thought...
When your target frame is 15 for example, and you have the following pattern :
12 - E
13 - E
14 - K
15 - P

For a monster frame of 1 (we'll take the suicune milanda was trying to catch), you call until you see EEK, doing so, since you have seen the "K", you are now on frame 15, and the suicune will have the spread from frame 15 when you battle it

The way I see it : monster frame of 1 you stop on target frame, monster frame of 2 you stop one frame before target (here it would be after you see EE, and you would be on frame 14), monster frame of 3 you stop 2 frames before target, etc

Am I correct ?
When you see the K you are not on frame 15. You're on frame 14. The event of entering in battle with Suicune is what advances your frame by 1 since that's Suicune monster frame. But yes, if you want frame 15 you stop at the K so your line of though, despite being technically incorrect, can also be used successfully and in practic produces the same results.

Then how come when you call on frame 1 you get the call corresponding to the first frame ?

Pretty sure I am correct, seems logical, a call produces one frame advancement, when you call on frame 1 you get the call corresponding to frame 1, yet since you just called you have advanced one frame and are now on frame 2.
Then you call again and see the call corresponding to frame 2, and are now on frame 3, etc.

This and the fact that if you battle suicune without any prior advancement you get it on frame 1 and not 2, so it does not advance frames

Hi,

I would like to know how i can make non shiny egg with the correct nature.

I use the Time Finder Shiny Egg function and can easily make a Shiny Egg. With correct nature. Ive already got my sid and id.

But what must i do to create an egg non-shiny with correct nature and ability?

Ive tried to change my sid to another but, the nature is never the correct.

Can someone pls tell my how i can make a non shiny egg with the nature i want?

Or will this be updated soon for hg ss ? I use soul silver version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)