Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
is the enigma lati@s method k??
and can you use syncronizer?
And what is the starting frame?
method K
of course if its method K you can use a synchronizer
starting frame would be 1 but Pewter City has moving NPCs so it may change.

say i sent a manaphy egg from pokemon ranger to platinum...how will i rng a shiny out of it? is it still egg(normal)?
To get a shiny Manaphy requires 2 different games, one with the shiny spread and another that doesn't have the same shiny spread. When a wonder card detects that the egg will be shiny if hatched in the game it is recieved in, it will change frames to another that isn't shiny.

So what you have to do is abuse the egg in game A for a shiny spread you have in game B. The shiny spreads can be found using PokeRNG to find. So once you get the egg you want, trade it over to the game with the shiny egg and hatch it there. Remeber to check it's status page once hatched to make sure it is shiny (the video sequence of it hatching will show it as normal weither it really is shiny or not).

@Graymonkey: It's best to be on the bike so that it's not behind you as it has caused problems with random frame advancements before.

I'm using Pikatimer to try and hit my delay 2864, but no matter what I do I can't seem to hit it. I've tried looking at adjacent spreads to see what I did hit but I don't even seem to hit anything near it. I'm hitting it almost, if not exactly, at the right beep but with no luck. >_> Frame 9 (and I think 22 after it) is the spread I want, but even one coin flip is enough to verify that I'm off the mark. The next ten just confirm that I'm in another universe. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

I set the date and time 1 minute before RNGReporter says as directed by Pikatimer and start the countdown and set the time at the exact same time, then I boot inti my CycloDS (I actually own the physical game, dont worry, and I don't use codes apart from an IV checker) and then soft reset the game as the first timer runs out. Then press A at the continue screen when the second timer reaches zero.

Am I doing everything right? Is it just that I'm not pressing it at the exact right time or is there some major flaw in how I'm doing this?

I used JavaRNG to generate the seed (Method J) Then plugged that seed into seed to time finder in RNGReporter. Then plugged that delay into Pikatimer and set up my DS to the correct time, synced and went from there. Am I using the right method to get the delay?

Also, to get to my frame, I start on frame 1. The journal (pops up when I get into the game) advances by two frames leaving me on frame 3, so I do 5 coin flips to get to frame 8 and the sweet scent to get my desired poke on frame 9?

I can't for the life of me work out what I'm doing wrong. I've read all the first page, watched bearsfan's videos. I'm probably just misunderstanding something stupid but I can't work it out. Please help. D=

The coinflip doesn't advance your target frame. It's just used to check if you've hit your delay...so that just means that you're off on the delay.

Do all 10coinflips and find your adjacent spread. Also, what's your target second? With a high delay, increase your seconds to better help - ie target to 30seconds or so.

If your target frame is 9 and you're sweet scenting in the grass, then you need to advance 7frames minus roamers. Once you have that, just flip journal or turn in the grass, lol.

I'm trying to RNG for wild pokemon. I'm just wondering if the encounter slots reset after 11? What if I want to catch a pokemon that has a frame greater than 11?

The coinflip doesn't advance your target frame. It's just used to check if you've hit your delay...so that just means that you're off on the delay.

Do all 10coinflips and find your adjacent spread. Also, what's your target second? With a high delay, increase your seconds to better help - ie target to 30seconds or so.

If your target frame is 9 and you're sweet scenting in the grass, then you need to advance 7frames minus roamers. Once you have that, just flip journal or turn in the grass, lol.
Oh. >_> That explains a bit. Well, I have no roamers active, I haven't actually beaten the elite four yet on this save. my target second is 50, but I might try 30 out. How do I advance 7 frames though? The journal only goes up in 2. So I'll be able to advance by 6, but not 7.

Platinum IV Egg Breeding question.

If my starting frame is Odd (Frame 5), but the only realistic frame to hit with my target IVs is an even frame (Frame 82), what should I do?

toddthegreat: Frames can go into the thousands, the two are independent of one another.

klinic: If you need to advance 7frames: journal flips to caught/defeated page increases by 2. Walking 128steps on land with no pokemon (no grass, etc) advances the frames by the number of pokemon in your party. Moving in grass advances the frame by one or two. Turning in grass advances frame by 1. Pick your route ^^

Skippy: You can resave until your starting frame is even. You can try changing dates so that your target frame is odd. Your choice, but if you went through the hassle of finding your save frame, I'd do the latter option ^^

Thanks Bakus, but I'm still confused.

I managed to RNG two "perfect" dittos (those with three 31 ivs), but say for example, if your frame is 36, and the encounter slot you want to hit is 6, how would you go about doing that? (if that's possible- if not can you give me a similar example, one with a high frame for wild pokemon)

What worked for me is that I treated the frame and the encounter slots as the same when I went to get out my dittos. For example, I would hop on my bike, call elm 9 times and then sweet scent to get to 11, and I got both of my dittos this way.

klinic: If you need to advance 7frames: journal flips to caught/defeated page increases by 2. Walking 128steps on land with no pokemon (no grass, etc) advances the frames by the number of pokemon in your party. Moving in grass advances the frame by one or two. Turning in grass advances frame by 1. Pick your route ^^
What about if a repel is active? Will turning inside a cave still allow me to progress 1 frame?

Klinic: It should advance the frame, yes.

toddthegreat: Ayah...lol. I was thinking DPPT...nevermind. You can safely disregard what I Just said, ahaha.

Ok, I have another question, and my other one is still bugging me because I don't know the answer. If I do Latias, is it just like RNG-ing for Zapdos or Suicine in HGSS?

Thanks Bakus, but I'm still confused.

I managed to RNG two "perfect" dittos (those with three 31 ivs), but say for example, if your frame is 36, and the encounter slot you want to hit is 6, how would you go about doing that? (if that's possible- if not can you give me a similar example, one with a high frame for wild pokemon)

What worked for me is that I treated the frame and the encounter slots as the same when I went to get out my dittos. For example, I would hop on my bike, call elm 9 times and then sweet scent to get to 11, and I got both of my dittos this way.
Each frame of a seed has it's own encounter slots. So you right click for each frame and see what that particular frame will give you. I just checked a seed I've been using and I saw no evidence of the frames 'resetting' their encounter slots after frame 11. They seem to be random, though probably there is some math involved that the game calculates to provide each encounter for each frame.

If your frame is 36, you check frame 36 to see if it actually has encounter slot 6 available. If not, you're out of luck. It so happens that some IVs repeat for some seeds, so you might get lucky and find a higher frame with an encounter slot you need. I've only seen multiples frames having the same IV spread when you add a synch for a particular nature to the front of your party.

Thanks a lot! That answer was like Godsend. So, when I check for my encounter slot for a specific frame, does that mean that the frame starts at that encounter slot and each time I sweet scent, I advance that slot by 2?

No, it doesn't.

Let's go back to basics: You have a seed which gives you a range of IV spreads which each have their own nature and ability. These spreads are found on frames. You enter a game on a delay, which is basically a time. That delay gets you to the right seed, but not the right frame. On HGSS, calling Elm or doing certain other things advances your frames. However, each frame has it's own set of encounter slots. You cannot advance an encounter slot. You can only advance the frames. You cannot change the encounter slot that belongs to a frame except, when catching wild pokes, you add a synch to your party. And then you hope like heck that you will see duplicates of your wanted IV spread with that nature on different frames than they were before. And then you hope like heck one of those frames has your encounter slot.

Hey everyone, I just a need a little (hopefully a little, it might be a lot) help and question answering.. I've been reading all the RNG information and playing with the program for a few hours and I'm now actually putting it in use to get a shiny Eevee (the gift one) on my heartgold version. I have not obtained pokerus on any pokemon yet, so I can't use the Professor Elm calls, or can I? I've done everything else. And for the Monster Frame, how do I know what that is..? I have my time and target frame picked out for the nature I want. I picked a spread that had a low target frame of 15, would that be too low?

You really should get PKRS before you start. Try Simple Questions/Requests thread to get a PKRS poke.

The first page of this help thread has all the info you need on monster frames for HGSS. I believe it's post 2 you want to look at. Frame 15 is a good target frame because it gives you some leeway in case you have NPCs that might advance your frames before you start calling Elm.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
It looks like if you're RNGing in HGSS for the stationary Lati@s (with the Soul Dew), there's one wandering NPC in Pewter City to worry about. That means your starting frame after finding your seed is probably 3 (unless you're very, very fast).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)