Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So my Calibration should be right, but I don't get the part about the shiny thing. I had my SID checked by 3 different people, and they all came up with the same answers.

Good call, that works.

However, I have to go watch Wose Line Is It Anyway now, so I'll get back to you guys tomorrow on this. Or maybe later tonight. But thanks for the help. =)

Is there an accurate way of preventing your save frame from jumping, or any kind of technique? I once had to verify my frame over 4 times until I got a consistent save frame (don't have an AR so it isn't a breeze LOL)

edit: in more details, it's ALWAYS jumping. from 4 to 3; 5, 5, 5, to 6. Is this normal?

oh yeah, im referring to egg iv abuse

So my Calibration should be right, but I don't get the part about the shiny thing. I had my SID checked by 3 different people, and they all came up with the same answers.

Good call, that works.

However, I have to go watch Wose Line Is It Anyway now, so I'll get back to you guys tomorrow on this. Or maybe later tonight. But thanks for the help. =)
You say you want a perfect shiny Ho-Oh. That's the problem. Your ID and SID have predetermined shiny spread for wild Pokemon, and since you probably didn't abuse them, your chances of finding one are slims. You are going to find a shiny Ho-Oh, but the perfect part might not be possible.

nevada: It can jump, yes, because there are moving NPCs in Solaceon that affects it. The best way to get a consistent save frame is to both mash a as fast as possible to get your egg and save when the two cowgirls and the pachirisu isn't moving for a good second until you can get your egg.

Young Jedi91: Your ID and SID must be a specific combination to get certain shiny spreads. Or any good shiny spreads anyways - though it's possible that you're just lucky...most likely not, lol. Generally, those who have shiny captures RNG abuse their ID combos upon starting the game :)

I'm trying to figure out this Emerald RNG and I wanted to clear something up. When readin the RNG Reporter time it's laid out as so: 1:20.58

Now what I want to clear up is the 1 is the hours the 20 is the minutes and the 58 is the seconds correct?

That's correct, though that's probably as far as I can help out with Emerald, XD.
Alright at least I'm reading the time layout correctly. Also do you know if using an emulator effects your target time? Because I just tried RNGing a Pokemon at a time of 00:03.01 but was unsuccessful in hitting it. The thing is I wasn't even CLOSE to the target time once I checked what I actually had hit.

Just to recap. All I need to do is press A+B+Select+Start & press my timer at the 'exact' same time and then just wait for the timer to get to the desired time and hit the A button correct?

I just caught that Ho-Oh, but it took me over a minute from when I soft reset (11:30) to when I re-entered the field after catching it at 11:31. What time do I put into the Reporter, 11:30 or 11:31?

I've been trying to RNG an Uxie for a while now; just a few questions because I seem to consistently have problems.
1. Just making sure, it's Method J right?
2. My target delay is 2203, however, I've been noticing that I've been dancing around this for 4 hours now. I've been hitting 2204 and 2202, 2206, 2000, etc. However, I've noticed that all the delays I'm hitting are even... is there another factor at work here?
My target time is 14:53:50; and my date is 7/30/10; should I change any of this?

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was trying to verify my seed by elm calls but the Kanto option wasn't showing up. Do I have to be in Kanto for that to appear?

@Teatime Since you are only hitting even delays you could either remove/add a Advance game to the slot which will change delay to odd.

Unfortunately, you will have to beat lance, kill raikou again, then go to kanto and complete the Ceurlean City team rocket event (find the missing part of the generator and return it to the power plant). Once you return it, go to Lavendar town and go to the radio tower and get the radio upgrade. This will allow you to access you radio station in Lance's Room. It would be in your best interest to go ahead and release Lati@s. It way easier to RNG Lati@s like your going to RNG Raikou. Once you release Lati@s, Go back to lance room and try to rng raikou. Once your rng raikou, go ahead and rng entei and lati@s the same way

Advice when rng pokemon this way. If you know you will not be a second off, be sure set your seed to time function to search for + - second 0.
Thanks :) I have another question about this, I already beat the Elite four, and Raikou respawned...So it will have frame 2's spread right? Because Entei has frame one, and that advances Raikou's by 1. Then what will Latias have? I think it should be 11, am I right? Can someone explain this to me, I don't understand the Roamer frames thing as well.

Thanks :) I have another question about this, I already beat the Elite four, and Raikou respawned...So it will have frame 2's spread right? Because Entei has frame one, and that advances Raikou's by 1. Then what will Latias have? I think it should be 11, am I right? Can someone explain this to me, I don't understand the Roamer frames thing as well.
If you rng the pokemon 1 at a time and not all at once, then the frame will be low.

Example
let say you kill raikou and have a rng entei roaming. and not have lati@s roaming yet.

the frame may advance 1 or 2 (depends on what the roaming method says)

then

lets say you rng entei and raikou correctly and they are roaming and you then want to rng lati@s at lance.

when RNG'ing at this point, your frame should advance 2 -3 (depending on the roaming method)

You really dont have to worry about a pokemon with frame of 5 or 11 If you rng one of the dog and let it roam, rng the other dog at lance after you get the radio upgrade, then rng the lati@s at lance.

Please be sure to read the post-e4 roamer guide on page 1 of this thread.

If this is still unclear, you can ask help from another rng'er or vm me

I was following Bearfans092's youtube guides to RNG... all seemed well until I was just not hitting any seed in my 20+- spread. My target delay was 639... I had 649, 651 for a bit then I made adjustments to Pikatimer and got 637 (confirming through Elm phone calls). Then after that one 637, I just didn't hit any at all. What am I doing wrong now?

Also this is for Latias in Pewter City.

I am following bearsfan092's Egg Video Guide.

I managed to get the nature I wanted, now I'm going for IVs. I can't seem to hit my desired delay w/ PikaTimer. I have a delay of 7, but the 6 elm calls I make don't seem to match up anywhere. I ran 10 elm calls once and put it in the Search Elm feature of RNG Reporter. It spit out which delay I hit, but the listed Elm call in that row didn't match up. There were two extra letters at the beginning. Is this NPC movement? Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

HeathenHeatran.

Okay, I have my starting seed (I think), and I switched to time finder. Now how do I work the IV Spread part? What does the stuff on the drop down menu do, and how do I make them all above 25? And then, after I choose my spread, what do I do?

I'm so confused... ;(

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am following bearsfan092's Egg Video Guide.

I managed to get the nature I wanted, now I'm going for IVs. I can't seem to hit my desired delay w/ PikaTimer. I have a delay of 7, but the 6 elm calls I make don't seem to match up anywhere. I ran 10 elm calls once and put it in the Search Elm feature of RNG Reporter. It spit out which delay I hit, but the listed Elm call in that row didn't match up. There were two extra letters at the beginning. Is this NPC movement? Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

HeathenHeatran.
First of all, you can't expect to hit the seed the first time. You have to catch a poké, check its IVs, then use time finder to see what seed you hit, after that calibration part, put the delay you got in Other Delay. Also, check your seconds, you have to adjust them to your desired second after calibrating the delay.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Let me post what I did step by Step:

Calibration:

Caught 3 pokes and checked the IVs. Obtained a seconds reading of 15 and my delay changed between 494 and 496. I hit 494 more often.

HGSS Prep:
Showed Togepi to Elm
Killed all the roamers
Got Pokerus to the PKMN center
Got all 16 Kanto badges

I then used the Time finder to find an adamant nature. I saved in front of the daycare lady, hit my seed, and gave her the parents. Rode my bike for a while, then the Day-Care man said I had an Egg.

I saved in front of him and checked the egg, it was adamant and male, just like the seed said. Now I want it to get decent IVs. Using the Time Finder again, I found a seed I liked, with a frame of 7. I put that into seed to time and told the program I was using HGSS. It gave me a list of dates and times for the seed, so I picked one. I set the delays to +-30 and +-0 seconds. As I have an Emerald cartridge in my DS, I set it to only display Even delays.

Once I generated, I found my seed, and made my elm calls. Since I had a frame of 7, I made 6 calls. These calls matched up to what I should have gotten, but they skipped the first two calls. I then received the egg, but the IVs were wrong.

Please help!

It sounds like you were doing everything correctly. The only thing that could be wrong is that 6 Elm calls might not be enough verification. Try switching to a frame of 10-15 and see if that helps.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Once I generated, I found my seed, and made my elm calls. Since I had a frame of 7, I made 6 calls. These calls matched up to what I should have gotten, but they skipped the first two calls. I then received the egg, but the IVs were wrong.
You were certain that you hit you seed, right? If the IVs were wrong, you probably received the egg after you saw the Elm call that matched the frame. But the truth is that you had to stop calling Elm on the previous frame, because the letter that appears alongside the frame is the one you get on that frame, but it will advance the RNG by 1 frame.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Let me post what I did step by Step:

Calibration:

Caught 3 pokes and checked the IVs. Obtained a seconds reading of 15 and my delay changed between 494 and 496. I hit 494 more often.

HGSS Prep:
Showed Togepi to Elm
Killed all the roamers
Got Pokerus to the PKMN center
Got all 16 Kanto badges

I then used the Time finder to find an adamant nature. I saved in front of the daycare lady, hit my seed, and gave her the parents. Rode my bike for a while, then the Day-Care man said I had an Egg.

I saved in front of him and checked the egg, it was adamant and male, just like the seed said. Now I want it to get decent IVs. Using the Time Finder again, I found a seed I liked, with a frame of 7. I put that into seed to time and told the program I was using HGSS. It gave me a list of dates and times for the seed, so I picked one. I set the delays to +-30 and +-0 seconds. As I have an Emerald cartridge in my DS, I set it to only display Even delays.

Please help!

Your problem lies in the fact that there is an NPC on Route 34, which means if you wait for a bit, he'll move and mess up your frame. You said that when you started calling Elm, the responses were two places higher than expected - this will be because the NPC moved in the time it took you to pause and open up your Pokégear after entering the game world. The reason you got the wrong frame after advancing to the correct frame is because he moved again after you closed the pokégear, but before you started talking to the old man. To stop this, you need to find a different spread on frame 1, so that you can just hammer A as soon as you enter the game world, and hopefully talk to the old man before the NPC can move. Then, using the Adjacent results function of the Time Finder, just look up the IV spread you got, and find which seed and frame you hit - if you hit any frame above 1, unless for some reason you waited for any more than the minimum length of time before talking to the old man (that is to say, if you didn't activate the conversation with the old man as soon as you did on other SRs, for whatever reason), then you should SR, but when the game loads, do not collect the egg. Instead, wait for however long you feel like, then pause the game and save again. Then retry, and hopefully this time round you'll have saved at a better point so that the NPC gives you time to talk to the old man before he moves. Once you're hitting the right frame (often this will be on your first save), then just keep SRing for your seed as usual.

tl;dr: basically, get a spread on frame 1, mash A as soon as you enter the game, use the timefinder's adjacent results to verify your seed, re-save in front of the old man until you're hitting your frame if necessary (do not collect the egg before saving), then just keep SRing until you hit your seed, and you should have hit your spread.

Hope I helped :)

Okay, this sucks. A LOT! I apparently need step-by-step instructions from somebody to RNG a Perfect Ho-Oh in my SS. I've been trying for 3 days, watched a billion youtube videos, and read every article. But those articles are for DPPT, not HGSS. Can someone please help?

Okay, this sucks. A LOT! I apparently need step-by-step instructions from somebody to RNG a Perfect Ho-Oh in my SS. I've been trying for 3 days, watched a billion youtube videos, and read every article. But those articles are for DPPT, not HGSS. Can someone please help?
What seed/spread are you going for, and what exactly is your problem? Which roamers are out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)