Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

The most common noob mistake in HGSS abuse is to "count" the Elm calls rather than "match" them against the list generated by using Seed(Hex) and the correct method of your RNG project.

The most common noob mistake in HGSS abuse is to "count" the Elm calls rather than "match" them against the list generated by using Seed(Hex) and the correct method of your RNG project.
Don't you need to do both in order to ensure you count every advance and also hit the right seed?

Don't you need to do both in order to ensure you count every advance and also hit the right seed?
No, not really. You just have to make sure you match. You should be keeping track by going down the list as you make each call until you land on the correct frame prior to your target frame.

No, not really. You just have to make sure you match. You should be keeping track by going down the list as you make each call until you land on the correct frame prior to your target frame.
That's what I did. It was on frame 11, so I only needed to do the 10 in order to confirm, then press A on Moltres.

That's what I did. It was on frame 11, so I only needed to do the 10 in order to confirm, then press A on Moltres.
Then you need to do what Nexus said. Catch it, check it's IVs, see if it's on the list and where on the list. And if not on the list, use seed finder to see where you landed.

In Soul Silver is there ANY way to advance my frame to 3 WITHOUT having to calling Youngster Joey (who I have NOT added to my phone book)?

Just go talk to him. The option to add him will return.
Yeah, I wish I knew to add him to my phone book sooner Riski. I think you should've included that in your guide (when choosing a Target Frame). I chose a Target Frame of 3 rather than 1 (can't remember why). Alright, thanks for the information. I managed to land on my Target Seconds/Delay, but am stuck on Frame 1.

Edit: where is Youngster Joey anyway?

In Soul Silver is there ANY way to advance my frame to 3 WITHOUT having to calling Youngster Joey (who I have NOT added to my phone book)?
Call Elm or iriwin, they both advance the rng by 1
also taping the lower-right station will advance the rng by 1 as long it as "Buena Password" isnt on

joey is on rt 30
iriwin rt 35

Yeah, I wish I knew to add him to my phone book sooner Riski. I think you should've included that in your guide (when choosing a Target Frame). I chose a Target Frame of 3 rather than 1 (can't remember why). Alright, thanks for the information. I managed to land on my Target Seconds/Delay, but am stuck on Frame 1.

Edit: where is Youngster Joey anyway?
It is in my guide. I actually recommend odd numbers because of Joey calls.

It is in my guide. I actually recommend odd numbers because of Joey calls.
Yes it is, but later on when you talk about after the fact that you hit your Seconds/Delay lol. I'm using an odd frame just as you suggested.

I already added Joey, but I probably messed up everything because I had to Fly around twice and do other stuff.

Can someone tell me what the difference between Platinum catching pokemon and HeartGold catching pokemon RNG is? I have just learned Platinum but the pokes I need are only in HeartGold so I was thinking if someone could tell me. I tried reading the pages there but I didn't really get it.

Question: I have a Shiny Gible but I got it from hatching. Does that mean I cannot calculate my SID by using this shiny Gible? Oh wait... I have a Shiny Gyarados (from lake of rage)... will that work?

Question: I have a Shiny Gible but I got it from hatching. Does that mean I cannot calculate my SID by using this shiny Gible? Oh wait... I have a Shiny Gyarados (from lake of rage)... will that work?
Yes, you can use a random shiny hatch to calculate a SID. Edit: Scratch that. Wrong answer (see posts below).

Smogon said:
A non-bred / non-chained shiny Pokemon that was caught in the game where you wish to determine the Secret ID. Pokemon caught while chaining, but from non-shiny patches are considered to be non-chained.
It says non-bred on Smogon's official guide.

Well, that's news to me. I only found this in the guide:

Your SID, or Secret ID, is not visible by normal means, but can be easily retrieved if you have a caught (non-chained) shiny and then by doing a bit of math or using the "IVs to PID" feature in RNG Reporter. Additionally, you can deduce your SID if you have between four and eight chained shinies by using the "Chain to SID" feature of RNG Reporter.
It doesn't mention a bred shiny either. So perhaps it has something to do with the PID of bred vs caught shinies. Anyhow, thanks for pointing this out to me.

Can someone tell me what the difference between Platinum catching pokemon and HeartGold catching pokemon RNG is? I have just learned Platinum but the pokes I need are only in HeartGold so I was thinking if someone could tell me. I tried reading the pages there but I didn't really get it.
Differences in rng HGSS then Dppt

1. You RNG all wild pokemon under method K.
(roamers and gift pkmn method 1)

2. To verify your seed (if your use seed-to-time) you must call either elm or irwin or use the roamer method.

3. Your calibrated delays will be lower (480~500 rather then 592~640)

4. To advance your frames, you must either call certain people or use the radio.

5.If you release a roamer, it randomly advance the rng by 1 or 2

6. RNG advancement by walking in the grass is inconsistent

Well, that's news to me. I only found this in the guide:

It doesn't mention a bred shiny either. So perhaps it has something to do with the PID of bred vs caught shinies. Anyhow, thanks for pointing this out to me.
And it seems like people say that Shiny Gyarados does not work either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)