Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Does it seem to anyone else like some delays are easier or more difficult to hit than others, even if they're very close by? I'm going after a WonderCard spread on Platinum that requires me to hit a delay of 2698, and even after adjusting the timer back and forth several times, I find myself frequently hitting 2694, 2696, 2670, and 2672, and very seldom hit my target of 2698.

If you have parents from the same game, just enter your ID into the box and you should get seeds relevant to your game. However if you have an international parent like Syberia's ditto, you must clear out the ID box otherwise it will mess up your seeds when RNG'ng for the Gender/Nature/Ability.
I guess it makes sense because International parents has a higher chance of giving you a shiny spread. It doesnt make sense if it just gives you the same PID's for an egg.

Does it seem to anyone else like some delays are easier or more difficult to hit than others, even if they're very close by? I'm going after a WonderCard spread on Platinum that requires me to hit a delay of 2698, and even after adjusting the timer back and forth several times, I find myself frequently hitting 2694, 2696, 2670, and 2672, and very seldom hit my target of 2698.

the times that you are one off, dont adjust because that means you have to perfectly replicate when you pushed A so just give yourself some leeway and it should work out eventually

1. Are there spreads that can be only be generated on certain years?
2. Can rng reporter find spreads that pokerng cant and vice versa?

1. Are there spreads that can be only be generated on certain years?
2. Can rng reporter find spreads that pokerng cant and vice versa?

the year only changes the delay from even to odd and odd to even and pokeRNG and RNG Reporter probably run off the same algorithim so probably not but it doesnt hurt to check em both, just get PokeRNG searching and then deal with RNG Reporter.

I'm probably misreading the obvious, but I want to make sure, because it took some time to hit my delay:
Will rejecting an egg in HGSS make the next egg be the next frame egg? My target frame is 2, so if I reject one, the next one will be the correct one, right? (I'm at the shiny/nature/ability stage)
EDIT: NVM, I think it's clear enough; I'll just go do it.

does frame advancement work the same way in water that it does in grass? like if i take a step in the water, does it advance the frame by 1?

I'm probably misreading the obvious, but I want to make sure, because it took some time to hit my delay:
Will rejecting an egg in HGSS make the next egg be the next frame egg? My target frame is 2, so if I reject one, the next one will be the correct one, right? (I'm at the shiny/nature/ability stage)
EDIT: NVM, I think it's clear enough; I'll just go do it.
Rejecting the egg will allow you to "move to the next frame"...in reality what you see in the RNG reporter aren't frames. They are just the number of eggs you need to reject/accept to get to your shiny. If it says six you have to reject/accept the first five and then the very next one is the shiny with the nature/ability/gender you were looking for.

I just learned something today... Running Warcraft III in the background makes my Pikatimer perfectly sync with my DS Time letting me hit my delays like they were nothing. RNG has become a lot easier now LOL.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am trying to breed a yanma that is modest, has ability 0 (speed boost), is a female, has 31/31/31/30/30/31 IVs, and is shiny. I clicked DPPt Egg PID (Normal) and generated spreads. None of these spreads had the right nature, ability, and gender. Do I have to keep resetting until I get a seed that can give me a shiny egg with the right nature, ability, and gender?

I can't follow that because I don't know how to use the Seed Finder and he assumes I do =/

No shit sherlock. You don't say.

Figure it out yourself, no one wants to help a smartass.

@Graymonkey0: dont worry about her, just pretend you never saw this post. If she wants help, she can be nice about it.

Im going to RNG a shiny sudowoodu and do i get the frames before or after i water it?

Ninja Kitty, all you need is Pandora's Box, which is part of RNG Reporter. I abused my ID/SID and didn't use Seed Finder once...
Osostewie, since watering it starts the battle, you should probably advance the frames before.

Figure it out yourself, no one wants to help a smartass.

@Graymonkey0: dont worry about her, just pretend you never saw this post. If she wants help, she can be nice about it.

Im going to RNG a shiny sudowoodu and do i get the frames before or after i water it?
Look, I'm just upset because time and time again I find out that all of the tutorials here assume you know every detail of which they speak, and how to use every single program they mention. There is nothing for the RNG-retarded like me.

Ninja Kitty, all you need is Pandora's Box, which is part of RNG Reporter. I abused my ID/SID and didn't use Seed Finder once...
What is Pandora's Box, and how do I use it?

Click Pandora's Box, it's on the far right side of RNG Reporter. Then, in the left column, put the desired PID in. Set the delay, from 5500 to 6000 is reachable. Click Generate, and it will give you a list of IDs/SIDs that will make that spread shiny. Each ID/SID will also have a seed. Pick one combination and put the seed into the Seed (Hex) box. Click Seed to Time. RNG as usual.

Click Pandora's Box, it's on the far right side of RNG Reporter. Then, in the left column, put the desired PID in. Set the delay, from 5500 to 6000 is reachable. Click Generate, and it will give you a list of IDs/SIDs that will make that spread shiny. Each ID/SID will also have a seed. Pick one combination and put the seed into the Seed (Hex) box. Click Seed to Time. RNG as usual.
Ok...

1. How do I know what PID I want?
2. How do I know if I've hit my right delay upon starting the game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)