Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

@Zero and Toast - Sigh..... I just knew this is gonna be complicated. :(

Rng capturing legendary, Roamers, and wild pokemon (even the snorlax and the red gyarados) are tough enough but rng capturing pokemon from the safari zone is way too hard.

I think I'll just stick with rng capturing that is easy enough for me like capturing legendary and wild pokemon.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Q about the Mac supplemental file (for use with Mono) for RNGReporter...

I get an error message that looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/E86QC.png

Anyone got a clue of what I'm doing wrong? I think I'm following the steps in OmegaDonut's post -- Mono installed, the appropriate files installed on desktop -- but it's not working quite right.

Thanks!

@Zero and Toast - Sigh..... I just knew this is gonna be complicated. :(

Rng capturing legendary, Roamers, and wild pokemon (even the snorlax and the red gyarados) are tough enough but rng capturing pokemon from the safari zone is way too hard.

I think I'll just stick with rng capturing that is easy enough for me like capturing legendary and wild pokemon.

Thanks for the info, guys.
uuuh, really?
It's not that tough actually, just use a synch and 100% catch code and you're set :)

Hi can someone help with RNG Breeding.?I am trying to RNG a Adamant Beldum.I am in the last part where i am trying to hit my delay and pick the egg.So i started did my frame and picked up my egg.Then i use the Coin flips to see if hit the delay.I saw that i hit and then i am hatching the egg but i saw that these wasn't the iv's of the delay i hit.
So what am i doing wrong?
Here is what IV's i hit:
HP: 5
Att: 31
Def: 7 - 8
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 31
But i was going for these:
HP: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31

Hi can someone help with RNG Breeding.?I am trying to RNG a Adamant Beldum.I am in the last part where i am trying to hit my delay and pick the egg.So i started did my frame and picked up my egg.Then i use the Coin flips to see if hit the delay.I saw that i hit and then i am hatching the egg but i saw that these wasn't the iv's of the delay i hit.
So what am i doing wrong?
Here is what IV's i hit:
HP: 5
Def: 7 - 8
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
But i was going for these:
HP: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Copy the seed of your desired IV's, paste it on RNG reporter's main window and generate it under method "breeding (DPPt)", then see where your desired IV's are and where are the IV's you got to see by how many frames you were off.

Copy the seed of your desired IV's, paste it on RNG reporter's main window and generate it under method "breeding (DPPt)", then see where your desired IV's are and where are the IV's you got to see by how many frames you were off.
I did and i saw something.These i got was at the number 7.But these that i wanted was at number 8.So i know that it has to do with frame.What i am supposing to do with this?To get from 7 to 8??

You got the IV's on frame 7 but you wanted to get the IV's on frame 8. You have to figure out how many frames the NPCs usually advance your before you get the egg and then you have to find an IV spread that will into account.
It's been forever since I did any DPPt breeding, but I guess the journal advances 2 frames per page-flip, right?
So, for example, you 2 page flips, that puts you on frame 4, but as you canceled the journal and collected the egg, 2 NPC's called the RNG, so your frame was advanced to frame 6 and then, when you collected the egg, it was on frame 7.

As far as I know, there are two ways to increase the frame by 1 (which is what you need to do):
In areas with grass/in caves/on water/whatever: Take 1 step. Turning counts as a step. Turning and stepping counts as 2 steps (ie. facing left, pressing up, taking one step up).
In areas without grass (basically, a route where you can't encounter anything): Take 128 steps with 1 Pokémon in your party. Turns don't count.

(Please feel free to correct me if any of this is incorrect.)

Neither of these are going to work for picking up an egg, so you'll need to consider your roamers (Cresselia and Mespirit). Are you in Platinum? If you are, you can either release one/another, OR find one that's already released and faint it. Beating the Elite Four will respawn them. If you've already beaten both, beat the Elite Four and release one. If you've already caught both, then unfortunately, you're out of luck. Find a different spread on a frame that's odd.

Your only other option is to get to frame 7 like you were before, and then wait for one NPC to move. This is incredibly tricky and will likely require insane luck and/or multiple retries. I'd go for the odd numbered frame if manipulating the roamers is out.

Incidentally, breeding eggs is like falling off a log in HG/SS, and you can check/advance your frame a lot quicker too, and with greater precision. Plus, there's only one NPC on the breeding route, so if packing up and moving to a newer game is an option, you should really consider it.
~Uiru

I saw my mistake....Well my starting frame is 5.But i thought it was 6.Then i did one journal flip and that's why i got 7 and not 8.So i have to find one other seed with odd frame.
Thanks guys for the help :)

how do you find the calibrated seconds in HGSS?
If you haven't actually done any calibration, I think most people enter ~490 in there. I tried that for a while, but I was having to make huge adjustments on Pikatimer. Eventually I took the common adjustment I was making and changed the 'calibrated' delay based on that. I would just start with the default and see how it goes, though.

isnt that clibrated Delay?
im using Zomg timer, so it has 4 bars of information, Calibrated delay, target delay, calibrated second, and target second.

If you haven't actually done any calibration, I think most people enter ~490 in there. I tried that for a while, but I was having to make huge adjustments on Pikatimer. Eventually I took the common adjustment I was making and changed the 'calibrated' delay based on that. I would just start with the default and see how it goes, though.
This. It doesn't seem that necessary to calibrate anymore with ZomgTimer and PikaTimer. Just let the default, see how far you missed and insert those values and update. Eventually you'll have your calibrated value.

hmm, i have another question, why wont i get spreads in pokeRNG?
is it because method k is used in breeding?
i have the Ivs set for 30(>=)/30(<=)/30(>=)/30(>=)/30(>=)/31(==)

and i have min. delay 500, max 4000, no method K esd put in, method 1 frame is 400

i put shiny[x] and put my ID 36354 and SID 45287

nature: timid

and on HGSS.

i dont know what to set the hidden power to though.

This. It doesn't seem that necessary to calibrate anymore with ZomgTimer and PikaTimer. Just let the default, see how far you missed and insert those values and update. Eventually you'll have your calibrated value.
When I first started, I was having to update the delay so much that it was throwing my second off. Eventually I found a calibrated delay for HGSS that worked for me (524 instead of 490) and I have had no more issues.

hmm, i have another question, why wont i get spreads in pokeRNG?
is it because method k is used in breeding?
i have the Ivs set for 30(>=)/30(<=)/30(>=)/30(>=)/30(>=)/31(==)

and i have min. delay 500, max 4000, no method K esd put in, method 1 frame is 400

i put shiny[x] and put my ID 36354 and SID 45287

nature: timid

and on HGSS.

i dont know what to set the hidden power to though.
If you are breeding, find your egg PID and egg IVs seeds in RNG reporter. Method K is for wild Pokemon that you can use Synchronize on in HGSS.

If you are looking for shiny spreads for wild Pokemon, you probably don't have any spreads that fit those characteristics (most people would not have a 30+/30+/30+/30+/30+/31 shiny timid spread unless their ID/SID were RNG abused).

I have two questions:

1- do anybody know how to predict wich pokemon will come out at a certain frame in the safari zone?

2- if I want to RNG latios when steven comes to tell you that it is roaming in kanto, what I have to do is to exit from the door of the pokemon club at the right frame? and does the running bayleef advance it?

thanks.
ok, now I know that there aren't encounter slots for safari zone. can someone please answer my other question?
nobody can help me?

Could someone recommend to me the best, most stable DS Emulator for RNG manipulation? I tried using No$GBA, but it is apparently known for crashing at inopportune times, and I have to uncheck the option to autostart the game when I run it. It appears to reset every time.

Nopers...just know that the frame advancements is weird but the information is on the front page :)

Abra Kapocus: Try Desmume :)

okay so I'm trying to RNG latios when I talk to steven.
So I used method 1 and I did hit my seed but when I encountered latios, it wasn't shiny.
So I guess something advanced my frame.
Does the bayleef running around the club house advances the frame? or was it steven when it walked towards me the one who advanced the frame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)