Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I notice there's something off with the roamer results. It took me a good hour (since I was using the roamer method) to figure out that I had actually hit the correct seed several times.

Here's the situation:
Game: HGSS
Seed: b51205a8
Target Delay: 1437
Roamers: Entei, Latias
Expected Starting Route: 34, 2
Actual Starting Route: 38. 17
First Non-Skipped Frame: 3

I don't know if there's something wrong with RNG reporter with the Roamer Method or it's just a random anomaly.
Were any your roamers already at route 34, or route 2 when you saved before resetting?

pokemon rnng abuse 4th gen giratina

i have been tryin to rng for a while now and i need help. when i hit my seed (e60d0291) my average seconds are 15 delay of seed is 641. i hit the seed and advance the rng but the giratina im encountering wont be shiny! the nature was right but not the ivs. i captured it and checked its details and the seconds showed 23 and not 15 like it should (btw i use dsi does this affect anything?) p.s im doing this in turnback cave not distortion world

i have been tryin to rng for a while now and i need help. when i hit my seed (e60d0291) my average seconds are 15 delay of seed is 641. i hit the seed and advance the rng but the giratina im encountering wont be shiny! the nature was right but not the ivs. i captured it and checked its details and the seconds showed 23 and not 15 like it should (btw i use dsi does this affect anything?) p.s im doing this in turnback cave not distortion world
How do you know you are hitting your seed?
You should be using the coin flip app to verify your seed.
Also, are you sure that your ID/SID will make Giratina shiny?
What do you mean by "checked its details and the seconds showed 23 and not 15?"
How are you checking that?

How do you know you are hitting your seed?
You should be using the coin flip app to verify your seed.
Also, are you sure that your ID/SID will make Giratina shiny?
What do you mean by "checked its details and the seconds showed 23 and not 15?"
How are you checking that?
i know i hit my seed cuz i verified with coin flips and with details imean put its stats into the seed finder and when i did the delay and seed was correct but not the seconds (and again is it possible to do this from a 3ds or dsi) an

i know i hit my seed cuz i verified with coin flips and with details imean put its stats into the seed finder and when i did the delay and seed was correct but not the seconds (and again is it possible to do this from a 3ds or dsi) an
If you know you hit your seed, why did you put it into seed finder?

That won't verify anything for you.

What you needed to do was check the seed, and see if the nature and IV's that you got were listed within that seed. If it was, find out how many frames off you were. Try again adding more or less frame advancements based on how far you were off the first time.

Yeah, I know it's possible to do it with a DSi or 3DS as 4th gen games aren't picky with what DS version is running.

If you know you hit your seed, why did you put it into seed finder?

That won't verify anything for you.

What you needed to do was check the seed, and see if the nature and IV's that you got were listed within that seed. If it was, find out how many frames off you were. Try again adding more or less frame advancements based on how far you were off the first time.

Yeah, I know it's possible to do it with a DSi or 3DS as 4th gen games aren't picky with what DS version is running.
ok thanks but how do you check natures and ivs within a seed oh and btw the frame im trying to hit is 19 and giratinas monster frame is 1 that makes 18 so i did 9 flips. it may be the journal flips im doing wrong. does a flip to the page make one flip and a flip from the page make 2?

ok thanks but how do you check natures and ivs within a seed oh and btw the frame im trying to hit is 19 and giratinas monster frame is 1 that makes 18 so i did 9 flips. it may be the journal flips im doing wrong. does a flip to the page make one flip and a flip from the page make 2?
Do you have RNG reporter....?
You put the seed into 'Seed (hex)', put your Synch's nature, click generate...
Lists all the nature + Iv's you can get on that seed.

The Journal page has to have said "this Pokemon was defeated/caught." In order to advance the frame. If it doesn't say either one of those. It does not advance the frame by any.

Do you have RNG reporter....?
You put the seed into 'Seed (hex)', put your Synch's nature, click generate...
Lists all the nature + Iv's you can get on that seed.

The Journal page has to have said "this Pokemon was defeated/caught." In order to advance the frame. If it doesn't say either one of those. It does not advance the frame by any.

i have a rng reporter yes..
and i was wondering
if a journal flip to a page where it states ive caught or defeated a pokemon counts as to and from a page where it states ive caught a pokemon as one flip

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
i have a rng reporter yes..
and i was wondering
if a journal flip to a page where it states ive caught or defeated a pokemon counts as to and from a page where it states ive caught a pokemon as one flip
When you flip to a page, it counts. (2 frames, am I right?) If you leave that page, it doesn't. Keep pressing A and B to go to and from that page.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Im not 100 but I think entering the distortionworld to catch Giratina advances the frame as well.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes it does. Loading the Distortion World advances 12 frames IIRC. Note that exiting your journal counts as loading the Distortion World so it advances by another 12 frames. So basically you need to advance 24 less frames.

Yes it does. Loading the Distortion World advances 12 frames IIRC.
You were close, it advances by 11 frames, and since the game starts at 1 you basically start at 12. And then you have to do journal flips so you'll have to load the Distortion World again. Target Frame - 23 = Number of advancements, I think.

Problem with frame

Hello everybody, i'm new here and i ask immediately sorry if i do something wrong (in this case, tell me, so i can improve). I really need your help and i decided to ask to you because i didn't find anything about this case (i know i wrote a lot but it was just for explaining all step by step).
My problem is this: i'm trying to obtain a good-ivs pokemon using the RNG Reporter 9.81 Beta in Generation 4, in particular on Pokemon Diamond version; i already prepared the egg to take from the Daycare man (the baby is a shiny charmander, previously obtained using the same RNG to hatch shiny pokemon - thing that i can do without problems -) and till now all ok; i did also the calibration phase for 5-6 times, obtaining a delay range of 614-620 and 14 seconds to enter the game; the frame i got from hatching the baby is always 3 (so i put 3 as min frame and 65 as max).
Entering all these datas in the time finder i search for a good spread, and i choose this one: 31/2/14/31/31/26 (the non-31-numbers are related to the parent's ivs, i know they're not so good but i'm working on it), delay: 618, day: 2011-11-14, time: 09.08.14 and frame: 19.
Now: i put my ds day on 2011-11-12, i enter and save again in fron of the man, then i switch off; i changed once again the day of the ds at the exact day and with this time: 09.07.00, entered the game at 09.08.00 and spending 14 second to enter the game.
The journal come up:
doing some calculations (as all the guides here explain very well), i know i have to flip a capture/defeated-pokemon-page 8 times (19-3=16, 16/2=8), then i cancel the journal and collect the egg as soon as possible with no person around taking a step.
i use the coin flip trick to see if i did all in the right way: surprise, i found the exact time-day-delay-coin flips BUT the frame is 1 lower than mine (and so come out 18 frames in total)! And this happen all the times! I tried doing all by new, taking an even frame to see what happen, and the result is the same: i obtain an odd frame, always 1-frame lower than mine...
i don't know what i'm doing wrong, please help me, i'm having a huge headache... Oh, last thing: if i did something wrong with this thread, please don't be too rude with me, i read the rules and i think i followed them, well, i hope! Have a nice day and thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)