Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

It's been years (lol overstatements are fun) since i've logged on. Here's my problem, im trying to rng a wild pokemon on platinum in victory road. My target frame is an odd number, i know that sweet scent can advance it to 2 times so if i say my target is 47-2=45. Question is, how can i advance 5 times, can i start outside the cave walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon enter cave, walk 1 step since i can't sweet scent on my default position in the cave then flip 20 journal pages then sweet scent or do i have to be lucky that 1 step i take inside the cave counts as 1 and walk 5 steps with repel to advance 5 frames then flip 20 pages then sweet scent?
Use Chatot! Just record a custom chatter, and then when you view its summary that advances the frame by 1.

I gave up trying to RNG my starter (too tedious) but I'm reaching another part of the game where I feel I should RNG - releasing Entei and Raikou. Is it possible to release them, kill them off, and then try and RNG them when you defeat the Elite Four? If it's possible, would it be much easier to RNG them now?

Also, I'm just using an updated copy of RNG Reporter. How can I find the Juggler Erwin call's for a particular seed?

I gave up trying to RNG my starter (too tedious) but I'm reaching another part of the game where I feel I should RNG - releasing Entei and Raikou. Is it possible to release them, kill them off, and then try and RNG them when you defeat the Elite Four? If it's possible, would it be much easier to RNG them now?

Also, I'm just using an updated copy of RNG Reporter. How can I find the Juggler Erwin call's for a particular seed?
It's possible to do that with Entei and Raikou, since they respawn after beating the Elite Four. However, it's much, much easier to RNG them now.

Assuming you already know how Elm calls work, Irwin's responses are:

K: The one that isn't the two I listed below. I can't remember what it was.
E: "Hearing about your escapades rocks my soul" or something like that
P: The one where he asks a bunch of questions

I just abused my ID/SID on my HG cart, and i don't know how to RNG abuse my starter... I want a Timid HP Grass Cyndaquil (already got the Seed, and i know it's generated by Method 1, and it starts on frame 5). My desired frame by method 1 is 32, so i guess i should advance the frame by 27. How do i advance the frame so early in the game? Can anyone tell me or point me to some tutorials?

It's possible to do that with Entei and Raikou, since they respawn after beating the Elite Four. However, it's much, much easier to RNG them now.

K: I'm so glad you called! ...
P: How are you? ...
Fixed c:

Edit: Vulgo, you need to save outside of Elm's lab and use the NPCs to advance your frame. Which is why it's really really annoying to try on a cart, especially if you don't have an AR to check IVs (so you can check the delay you hit). I suggest finding a frame of 5 or anything close to that. Iirc there's an HP Electric seed that you can find at frame 5 (when you search you have to make the delay range wider to get lower frames).

K: The one that isn't the two I listed below. I can't remember what it was.
P: The one where he asks a bunch of questions
Thank you. Each call advances the RNG by 1, correct?

Also, are there any good seeds already found for Raikou and Entei since their frames are already set?

Edit: Is there anyway to make the calls show up under adjacent seed finder? I can only see coin flips.

Edit 2: Nevermind, I figured it out

Thank you. Each call advances the RNG by 1, correct?

Also, are there any good seeds already found for Raikou and Entei since their frames are already set?
Yes, each call advances by 1.

I suggest searching for yourself, there's not really a list of good seeds for each Pokemon. Searching isn't hard with the new RNG Reporter :D

Oh ok PoJ... So, basically:

1- Set up the date/time on my DS;
2- Set up EonTimer;
3- Hit my Seed, and just enter Prof. Elm's lab?

Oh ok PoJ... So, basically:

1- Set up the date/time on my DS;
2- Set up EonTimer;
3- Hit my Seed, and just enter Prof. Elm's lab?
Yes, but you have to time when you enter Elm's lab so the NPCs can advance to your frame. Like, since your target is 30 something you have to wait a few seconds. Idk how long, though :p

However, if you find a frame of 6, 7, or 8 then you just hit your seed and go in right away.

So I've tried hitting my seed four times. I got the Irwin calls for each, none matched my seed, and when I entered the calls into the finder with a very large range (60 delay each way, 2 seconds), it showed nothing.

I've double checked the date and time, and so I shouldn't be that off no matter how clumsy I am. I'm actually working on the stationary Sudowoodo right now to warm up for the dogs, so is it possible that NPCs are shifting my starting frame and the calls I make?

Edit: PoJ I don't have that option checked. Should I just broaden the range again? Do you have any other ideas?

I'm actually working on the stationary Sudowoodo right now to warm up for the dogs, so is it possible that NPCs are shifting my starting frame and the calls I make?
Yes, they can be but mostly only by one or two, and seed to time should still find the seed even if the NPCs throw off your frame by 1 or 2. Are you trying to hit an even delay when you normally hit odd, or vice versa? If you have the "odd/even should match seed's delay" box checked, maybe that's why.

So I'm trying to RNG an Aerodactyl on HGSS. I'm aiming for seed A10D01FA, frame 63 at 13:17:00 on 2012/21/12. My question is: how do I take moving NPCs into account when I speak to the guy to pick up my fossil? I know I'm using method 1 because it is a gift pokemon, but how do I take moving NPCs into account?

EDIT: I put the wrong seed.

I'm trying to abuse my SID on my German copy of HG and so I do not have the usual "New Game, Continue" screen. I'm curious, when does the delay stop in the new game process? Do I have to hit my delay as soon as I press start? I'm very confused, thank you!

I'm trying to abuse my SID on my German copy of HG and so I do not have the usual "New Game, Continue" screen. I'm curious, when does the delay stop in the new game process? Do I have to hit my delay as soon as I press start? I'm very confused, thank you!

You hit A at the end of the second timer when Oak says "I'll see you later!"

Adding to Hozu's post, you can download Eon Timer from ToastPlusOne's sig or from its thread in the Programming forum.

3rd Gen

Just wanted to verify something...so I'm considering shooting for capturing a shiny Deoxys with perfect (or near-perfect) IV's in Emerald. To get the desired shiny spread, does it mean I have to make numerous "new game" starts and hope I get the desired spread?

Okay I have a problem. I recently RNGed my ID/SID, and I got the ID and SID correct that Pandora's Box gave me, but when I try to look at the seed in the main window the frame doesn't show up with a "!!!". Is this a bug in 9.95?

EDIT: 9.93 does the same thing:/

Is there a way to see what my Delay was when RNGing for my SID using the previous IDs I got?
I'm having quite some trouble, I've been writing down IDs that I've been getting and no two IDs are the same, which leads me to believe that I am not using Eontimer correctly or I'm not starting the game at the right moment. My target Delay should be reached as soon as I press the "A" button on Professor Oak's last line right?

EDIT: Here is how I'm using Eon Timer so someone can tell me if I'm doing it wrong.

My target delay is 5300, my target time is 11:55:59

I put in target sec as 59 and target delay as 5300 into Eon Timer
I set my DS time to 11:54:00 and start at the same time as Eon Timer starts.
I then load my game and soft reset at the same moment the first timer ends.
While the second timer is running, I fill in my gender and name and go to Oak's very last line
I hit "A" as soon as soon as the second timer reaches zero then go downstairs to check my ID
If I do it right, my ID should be 13754

Okay I have a problem. I recently RNGed my ID/SID, and I got the ID and SID correct that Pandora's Box gave me, but when I try to look at the seed in the main window the frame doesn't show up with a "!!!". Is this a bug in 9.95?
Yeah, iirc Pbox is wrong in 9.95 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)