Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Wow, that turned out to be a lot easier than I expected.
Perfect Ditto. :pimp:

Sure are some nice new features in RNG Reporter 9.95.

Is an egg Pokémon's ability decided by the egg (like nature), or as part of the random generation when speaking to the DC man?
I was under the impression that it was determined before RNG, but after hatching about 5 eggs now, all of which have the same ability, I'm beginning to wonder.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ability is determined by the PID, so it's set at the same time as nature/gender/shininess when the egg is first generated. You'll have to start over if you want a different ability, and you can abuse the PID if you really want to be sure.

For Safari Zone Abuse, I'm going for a Vibrava. I know it only requires 25 Forest blocks and how priority goes. Since in Desert only it and Cacnea require Forest Blocks, and the latter needs less, Cacnea is Slot 0, and Vibrava is Slot 1 correct?

For Safari Zone Abuse, I'm going for a Vibrava. I know it only requires 25 Forest blocks and how priority goes. Since in Desert only it and Cacnea require Forest Blocks, and the latter needs less, Cacnea is Slot 0, and Vibrava is Slot 1 correct?
Yes, that's right.

I hit my seed for a Jolly Vibrava in the Safari Zone using a Cute Charm lead, set up all the blocks and I've had it appear only once out of 4 times (it fled...). I advanced my frames in the zone, what am I doing wrong? My frame is 51. Do I stop at 52 or 50? I think I hit 52 once by mistake when Vibrava appeared. I didn't use Sweet Scent while my lead was out.

Been on hiatus from my Shiny Deoxys adventure, but anyway...what I'm thinking so far:

Am I thinking right based on this picture I took? Also, I know that in R/S, the number of frames advanced in order to determine SID is 75 (after pressing A on Birch's last line at beginning), but how many frames for Emerald?

I tried several times yesterday to RNG the nature/ability/shinyness of eggs by using the Shiny Egg feature of RNGReporter and hitting the delay/frame specified by it before leaving the parents in daycare, but not once (out of 4 or 5 tries) did the resulting egg seem to correspond to the expected result at all. I even tried to run around inside the daycare center until the man called about the egg, in case the wandering NPCs outside could interfere, but still no luck.

Is there anything specific I need to know about with regards to doing this in HG/SS?
Hitting the delay/frame is easy, and I have no problem getting the IVs perfect, but nature/ability/shininess just doesn't want to cooperate...

I tried several times yesterday to RNG the nature/ability/shinyness of eggs by using the Shiny Egg feature of RNGReporter and hitting the delay/frame specified by it before leaving the parents in daycare, but not once (out of 4 or 5 tries) did the resulting egg seem to correspond to the expected result at all. I even tried to run around inside the daycare center until the man called about the egg, in case the wandering NPCs outside could interfere, but still no luck.

Is there anything specific I need to know about with regards to doing this in HG/SS?
Hitting the delay/frame is easy, and I have no problem getting the IVs perfect, but nature/ability/shininess just doesn't want to cooperate...
are there roamers in your game, the starting frame changes when there are any.

are there roamers in your game, the starting frame changes when there are any.
Yes, there are (Raikou and Entei), and I'm using them to verify the seed. As long as they are correctly enabled in the "seed to time" window, that shouldn't be an issue - at least it's working for everything else I've RNG'd so far.

Yes, there are (Raikou and Entei), and I'm using them to verify the seed. As long as they are correctly enabled in the "seed to time" window, that shouldn't be an issue - at least it's working for everything else I've RNG'd so far.
I see. Maybe the frame is inconsistent, since there are wandering npcs in the route right? Could you post a screenshot of rng reporter?

I see. Maybe the frame is inconsistent, since there are wandering npcs in the route right? Could you post a screenshot of rng reporter?
There are a few wandering NPCs outside, but as I said, I tried just running around inside the daycare center until I got the call as well, and there are no wandering NPCs there.

I'll see if I can post a screenshot of RNG Reporter later when I get home.

There are a few wandering NPCs outside, but as I said, I tried just running around inside the daycare center until I got the call as well, and there are no wandering NPCs there.

I'll see if I can post a screenshot of RNG Reporter later when I get home.
By the way, Have you watched bearsfan092s video?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
What's your traget frame? From my own experience even when you mark a certain gender I still get males on the results so might want to check that is not happening to you. Also, are the parents in the same order as which you said to the reporter?are they holding any items? ei everstone,power items?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I was trying to get a physical-flawless Sandile from the Relic Castle, with target seed 169610B4490DECEE (if you need to know that), and target frame 1.
I hit the target time (accounting for my DS's known delay of one second) and activated Sweet Scent.
The time I actually got a Sandile, it was Mild (with Adamant Synchronizer) and 'Hates to lose' for its characteristic (decent with 28 SpD), as opposed to the 31/31/31/1/31/31 I was supposed to get.
Earlier on, exactly the same procedure had got me the correct IV spread (albeit on a Yamask), but after subsequent hard resets it no longer worked.

Help?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
This thread is for gens 3 and 4 rng, make sure to post that in the 5th gen rng thread :3 for what I read you might just been hitting your wrong timer0

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Been on hiatus from my Shiny Deoxys adventure, but anyway...what I'm thinking so far:

Am I thinking right based on this picture I took? Also, I know that in R/S, the number of frames advanced in order to determine SID is 75 (after pressing A on Birch's last line at beginning), but how many frames for Emerald?
Unfortunately it doesn't work this way because the RNG is reseeded upon hitting OK on the name entry screen. You'll have to get the PRNG value after that and enter it into the researcher.

What's your traget frame? From my own experience even when you mark a certain gender I still get males on the results so might want to check that is not happening to you. Also, are the parents in the same order as which you said to the reporter?are they holding any items? ei everstone,power items?
I can't remember what the target frame was, but I'll try again a bit later.
I used the exact same methods for advancing frames as I'm using successfully with the other RNG manipulations. (calls to Elm and Joey)

I did mark a certain gender, but it wasn't just the gender that didn't match - the nature didn't either, and nor were they shiny. (shininess wasn't the main goal, but I figured I might as well try for it)

I don't really get how the gender thing works though, as there isn't just one option for each gender, but multiple with various percentages. Isn't the gender determined by random number generation at all?

As for the parent order, as far as I can tell, the "Shiny Egg" function does not have any option for specifying the order of the parents. On IVs it does, and I specified them in the correct order there, but then again the IVs are no problem, and are determined on a separate RNG anyway.

When I was trying to manipulate the eggs, I removed the items from the parents, so they wouldn't interfere with the RNG.

Apparently he does. A shiny jolly meowth to be exact, I recommend you watch it. You are trying to hit your delay before you deposit your parents in the daycare.right?

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5VZ2OMEPU
Nice, that one didn't appear in my search. I guess I'll check it out.

And yes, I'm saving in front of the daycare lady before leaving the parents, then hitting the seed, advancing frames, and speaking to her to leave both parents.

I can't remember what the target frame was, but I'll try again a bit later.
I used the exact same methods for advancing frames as I'm using successfully with the other RNG manipulations. (calls to Elm and Joey)

I did mark a certain gender, but it wasn't just the gender that didn't match - the nature didn't either, and nor were they shiny. (shininess wasn't the main goal, but I figured I might as well try for it)

I don't really get how the gender thing works though, as there isn't just one option for each gender, but multiple with various percentages. Isn't the gender determined by random number generation at all?

As for the parent order, as far as I can tell, the "Shiny Egg" function does not have any option for specifying the order of the parents. On IVs it does, and I specified them in the correct order there, but then again the IVs are no problem, and are determined on a separate RNG anyway.

When I was trying to manipulate the eggs, I removed the items from the parents, so they wouldn't interfere with the RNG.

Nice, that one didn't appear in my search. I guess I'll check it out.

And yes, I'm saving in front of the daycare lady before leaving the parents, then hitting the seed, advancing frames, and speaking to her to leave both parents.
good luck, hope that helps. Seeing as you're doing everything right, afaik, just keep hitting your delay. if all else fails, please update us with a screenshot of what you're aiming for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)