Other Most Improved Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pokemon that got crapped on the most this gen was metagross. Cause of the steel type Nerf he has two more weaknesses which makes it harder to fight a lot of Pokemon plus meteor mash got nerfed and metagross isn't exactly loving that.
Say that to Hydreigon's face(s). Don't worry, he won't kill you - not as long as you have a Fairy-type at your side.

I have to tip my hat to Kangaskahn. Although I know I'm only using pure speculation, with dat Mega Form, stat distribution and Parental Bond, I think one of my favorite NU Pokemon is about to wreck some tiers I never though possible. Subbing is going to be Nasty with it.

Is it just me or am I the only one who wishes that instead of Fire resisting Fairy, Ice should have? It would at least have given Mono Ice Walls or part Ice walls some viability.

Anyway, from using MMawile a ton, I gotta give it the most improved mon IMO. Almost nothing can safely take its hits. And if a MBlaziken comes out, well, that's why I have an Azumarill.

I thought I saw a Contrary Seviper and a claim that you can get Servines from the Friend Safari in another thread? And now that both parents can pass on moves and abilities, you should be able to breed one with Dragon Pulse once the PokeBank opens.
That was a rumor. There are no known Servines in friend safari, so you cannot get contrary Serperior.

The rumor started after a contrary Serperior was found on a battle partner in the battle mansion. Several other unreleased abilities have also been found on pokemon in there (like adaptability Dragalge). You cannot get them yourself yet.

And before the question is asked no, you can't get them even with the breeding mechanics change. You would need a parent with a hidden ability that is the same species as your intended offspring. So impostor Ditto doesn't count either.

I thought I saw a Contrary Seviper and a claim that you can get Servines from the Friend Safari in another thread? And now that both parents can pass on moves and abilities, you should be able to breed one with Dragon Pulse once the PokeBank opens.
To add to Stage7_4's comment, Dragon Pulse is NOT an egg move anyway. It's a BW2 tutor attack, which can't be passed down by breeding, therefore Contrary and Dragon Pulse won't ever be legal unless they make another change/addition to allow this (like introducing new move tutors, which have Dragon Pulse, in the XY sequels/follow-ups).

I'm glad our little 2nd gen pseudo-pikachu Azumarill finally got the buffs he deserves. Been doing random battlespot battles and lets just say I have been seeing plenty of belly drum + aqua jetters around, though its a little redundant but its rather effective.

I don't know what to think of Ho-Oh, fairy resistance and stealth rock nerf is god for it but then there is also the weather nerf. I wish it remains a powerhouse in the ubers, a check for Xerneas maybe and I hope sacred fire remains it's signature move, as much as I like Entei, I don't want it to get it

Banette and Medicham both deserve mentions, I'd say.
Mega Banette is basically Sableye PLUS. Now that Sableye has a weakness to the Fairy type, Banette will most likely usurp the position of Ghost Prankster with ease.
Mega Medicham is probably going to be very dangerous. It has its Spe and Atk boosted, and it keeps Pure Power. Since it also gets Hi Jump Kick, it's probably going to plow through most walls. Considering it also gets the Elemental Punches, I reckon not much is safe from it.

Charizard-mega X I think just as of its typing the one from y still has problems with stealth rock etc. But the X mega gets only 25% hit yes it gains problems from ground dragon and fairy but I think he gains more than he loses and will certainly be UU

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't know what to think of Ho-Oh, fairy resistance and stealth rock nerf is god for it but then there is also the weather nerf. I wish it remains a powerhouse in the ubers, a check for Xerneas maybe and I hope sacred fire remains it's signature move, as much as I like Entei, I don't want it to get it
Ho oh can utilize sun, it doesn't need sun whatsoever to function properly. That's a huge difference.

One of the most nerfed pokemon would have to be jirachi, its typing nolonger is nutruel to ghost and dark I think it will lose its poistion as one of the top ou threats

One of the most nerfed pokemon would have to be jirachi, its typing nolonger is nutruel to ghost and dark I think it will lose its poistion as one of the top ou threats
Same problem for metagross too wont be ou anymore I think was struggling already

There is a bigger problem for Jirachi than newfound weakness. Now it can't longer do these paraflinch shenanigans because Electric types are immune to every form of paralysis, even from Thunder and Body Slam, and don't give the half of a fuck about Iron Head. Now Magnezone is its natural predator lol.

More like floundering about at the bottom of OU, hoping for someone to have the decency to kick it back into the water. (aka UU)
Lets not be too hasty for Metagross! It is probably one of the best users of Assault Vest, since it doesn't need to invest in speed too much and can thus invest in SpDef for some great special bulk. It's Steel STAB gained new use since it can hit Fairies super-effectively, making it one of the best Togekiss counters in the game! It is Pursuit weak, but Tyranitar must be very wary since Meteor Mash is a OHKO. Metagross probably won't be OU, but considering it was useless last generation I think it will manage to find a nice this gen.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Well on PO it was treated as UU and it wasn't really OP in that meta; with the drops this gen will force UU is where it should fit comfortably.

Scolipede
Mawhile
Khangaskhan
Galvantula
Azumarill
Togekiss
Gengar
Blastoise
Blaziken

These are the ones that stand out the most for me. No order, but I would place Mawhile and Scoilpede on top. Gengar and blaziken are probably going to be Uber IMO

I don't know if he's most improved, but I feel like haxorus maybe got a bit of a new niche being the only OU dragon that I can think of that can currently learn poison jab. With poison jab + eq, I don't think there are any fairies that can switch into it. I feel like maybe a dragon dance set like:

Haxorus@yache berry
Jolly/adamant
Moldbreaker
-dragon dance
-outrage/dragon claw
-earthquake
-poison jab

Completely walled by skarmory, but I feel it's a set you could maybe build a team around.

I don't know if he's most improved, but I feel like haxorus maybe got a bit of a new niche being the only OU dragon that I can think of that can currently learn poison jab. With poison jab + eq, I don't think there are any fairies that can switch into it. I feel like maybe a dragon dance set like:

Haxorus@yache berry
Jolly/adamant
Moldbreaker
-dragon dance
-outrage/dragon claw
-earthquake
-poison jab

Completely walled by skarmory, but I feel it's a set you could maybe build a team around.
NO dragon has improved this gen b/c of fairies, making outrage almost useless if the opponent has a fairy alive. Dragon claw seems almost mandatory.

NO dragon has improved this gen b/c of fairies, making outrage almost useless if the opponent has a fairy alive. Dragon claw seems almost mandatory.
I had heard that Outrage stops when it fails to hit a Fairy. In past generations when it failed to hit, confusion would only be caused if it's the final turn. Has this changed?

I had heard that Outrage stops when it fails to hit a Fairy. In past generations when it failed to hit, confusion would only be caused if it's the final turn. Has this changed?
nope it does not fail, it keeps going for 2-3 turns. Had a haxorus use outrage against my azumarill

Well I'm just pointing out that in last gen, in many cases there was very little reason to use haxorus over other dragons. I am just saying I think we may have finally found something haxorus can do that other dragons cannot do as well as he can, and that's kill fairies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)