Most Overused, Abused, and Broken Leads

I basically get GGed whenever Wobbuffet is a lead. It's terrible. magic coat Porygon2 is a fun solution though. Bounces back encore, then it's locked into Encore. Then I Ice Beam him. (no immunes, no e-vires, etc)

I'm upset that Colin never asked us smogon people before unbanning wobbuffet.
Ok people get this through your heads SMOGON ASKED COLIN TO UNBAN WOBBA FOR TESTING!

Wobbufett (while I despise him), isn't the most terrifying lead anyways. A ton of leads like to sleep first turn, and a number of sweepers can take him on 1v1. Wobb is much better in the back because he needs to be switched in properly to work this magic.

I'd also say that there isn't anything broken with any leads, as that implies it goes up to Ubers.

On topic:
I see tons of Gengars and Bronzons.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
where's Breloom?
Breloom is waiting to switch in on some type of wall. It's way too slow to be an effective lead.

And Porygon2 fails as a Wobbuffet "Counter." As soon as you Trace Shadow Tag, they cancel eachother out and you're both allowed to switch.

I didn't say it was a counter, however any pokemon that can force Wobbuffet to Encore, and then switch out of it is as close to a counter as it gets. Also, Porygon2 has Shadow tag now... so you could Toxic Blissey or something and kill it :D

Breloom is waiting to switch in on some type of wall. It's way too slow to be an effective lead.

And Porygon2 fails as a Wobbuffet "Counter." As soon as you Trace Shadow Tag, they cancel eachother out and you're both allowed to switch.
Breloom was a really nice lead when everyone was leading with Weavile and such. It's still decent because of Protect for scouting obvious Choice pokemon, and allowing it to come in on status for the rest of the game. It also threatens Spore on slower pokemon, and generally sends TTar packing which is always a plus.

bronzong, especially with lum berry is a beast of a lead. it's not often that you have to switch out of it. perhaps not that useful in mid-late game though.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gengar leads are usually Scarfed. No need to fear any of those three pokes, as long as Hypnosis hits.

As it's been said, Gengar is everywhere. Aside from the speedy ghost, there have been quite a few of Wobba's leading on Shoddy, convincing me that Taunt on your lead Pokemon is even more vital.

I was waiting for someone to mention roserade. It's so effective when I use it, I'm gonna vote roserade as the most broken lead.
Roserade isn't broken.. at all.

Gengar, Salamence, and Gyarados are the most broken, abused and overused leads of the whole metagame. No others really compare.

The rest that are being posted, are just, favorites of everyone else, truthfully.

I'm seeing an alarming number of Gengar and Wobbuffet responses. You'd think that Pursuit/Sucker Punch Spiritomb would get more use because of them. Of course, I'm biased. :)

Gengar is by far the most common lead... annoying bitch

Most broken... is the lead I invented:

Celebi @ Scarf / Specs
*Leafstorm
*Psychic
*HP Ice
*Baton Pass

Scarf gets more surprise early kills, but specs is more useful later. Either way, he survives anything Gengar and Gyarados throws at him and beats them down faithfully. Baton Pass avoids pursuits from Tar and Weavile, and escapes those annoying wobs.

Gengar is the best, really, fast speed and hypnosis, with good special attack. It makes sure their lead does not get set up, Weavile kills most gengars, bare focus sash and scarf. I run sub on mine to beat yanmega at his own trick ( when they use protect )

Gengar is the lead I see the most, I usually always predict that they are going to hypnosis thus my lead usually holds a lum berry or a scarf to out run said Gengar. I have been using a RAPIDASH of all things as my lead lately at it has been working wonders for me against Gengars..

*Shoddy Battle Moveset*
Rapidash @ Lum Berry
~Will-O-wisp
~Hypnosis
~Agility
~Baton Pass
Jolly
EVs: 252 spd/ 252 hp

339 speed is fast, induces sleep, agility on the switch or burn on the switch either or, then pass. Sort of a risky play but I like it.
-Agility

Gengar is the lead I see the most, I usually always predict that they are going to hypnosis thus my lead usually holds a lum berry or a scarf to out run said Gengar. I have been using a RAPIDASH of all things as my lead lately at it has been working wonders for me against Gengars..

*Shoddy Battle Moveset*
Rapidash @ Lum Berry
~Will-O-wisp
~Hypnosis
~Agility
~Baton Pass
Jolly
EVs: 252 spd/ 252 hp

339 speed is fast, induces sleep, agility on the switch or burn on the switch either or, then pass. Sort of a risky play but I like it.
-Agility

I think I should mention that Hypnosis and Baton Pass are an illegal combination on Rapidash, so that lead is not viable. :happybrain:

I think I should mention that Hypnosis and Baton Pass are an illegal combination on Rapidash, so that lead is not viable. :happybrain:
It works on shoddy, so sue me if I didn't know, just thought of it today in class while I was acting like a rapidash and poking my friends with my finger like a unicorn....

Yeah, Baton Pass is incorrectly listed as a Level-up move on Shoddy instead of Move Tutor. And as I'm sure Light knows, it's listed on Shoddy's illegal moveset thread, just not restricted automagically yet.

I know, but seriously what else am I going to do in a pre-calc class...
Learn? lol

Roserade isn't broken.. at all.

Gengar, Salamence, and Gyarados are the most broken, abused and overused leads of the whole metagame. No others really compare.

The rest that are being posted, are just, favorites of everyone else, truthfully.
You're confusing broken with overpowered.

Considering that, with roserade, I can Sleep my opp's lead, Tspike twice then KO it while they wait for it to wake up, sleep/KO/dent the next poke, possibly even a third, I'd say roserade is pretty broken as a lead. Focus sash makes it near foolproof, and the scenario I just mentioned happens a lot more than it should...

EDIT: Roserade isn't abusd or overused though. These two kinda mean the same thing. Maybe the title of the thread should be changed to Most Overused, Overpowered and Broken Leads...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)