Mother 3 - PATCH IS OUT! FUCKIN DOWNLOAD IT!

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i did an all nighter just playing htis game last night, and im now up to the final chapter. really, this translation was perfect from start to (almost!) finish

you'll all love it... download it if you haavnet done already!

Wow addicted Steelicks...

I just got the patch and about to play :P.

Edit:
Sunset Cemetery
"Graves have never looked so scenic"
NO ZOMBIES ALLOWED!!

hahaha

I tried to pull an all-nighter but couldnt manage it lol
god damn I love this game

also I read somewhere that, in battle, if you tap along to the rythm, you perform combo moves?
I have landed a few combo moves, but it seems like there are too many layers of music to know which one to tap along with...

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
one thing that helped me improve my timing is, after you get the battle memory item (that lets you fight and read info of enemys you've encountered), fight enemys with different music and put them to sleep using dusters hypnosis pendulem or whatever. then you'll only hear the timed beat and not the rest of the music, making things easier

im at that mountain, looking for claus after talking to the magypsies, do i get the battle memory thing and duster pendulum soon?

edit: balding eagle xD

I'm at the beginning of Chapter 5, this game is great.

It's shorter than I expected, though. Are the later chapters longer? I'm only eight hours in and did a lot of exploring too, and most reviews say the game is 20-25 hours long.

Man this game is so fun, there are thousand of memorable quotes just like Mother 2!

So far what are your favourites? I said about the cemetery on my last post, "no zombies allowed xP" Also everytime a character speaks TO YOU like "yes you the one playing" and etc.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
It's shorter than I expected, though. Are the later chapters longer? I'm only eight hours in and did a lot of exploring too, and most reviews say the game is 20-25 hours long.
yeah the last two chapters are pretty darn huge

it's a great game, but i have the feeling that i would enjoy it much more if i hadn't played through it twice already =/

I"m done.

Man i love all the quotes.

"I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I found this Drago Fang which could serve as your new weapon. The bad news is that I found it in your wife's heart."

around 17 hours marathon including using the speed up button on the VBA. Damn this game is awesome.

I have not been on Smogon because I pulled a twenty-hour dual all-nighter on Friday and Saturday to finish this game with as many extras as I could. Finally gave in and used speed up near the end.

Strangely, I got all the mystic weapons that have a 3% chance of dropping from enemies without having to grind for them; I would just randomly kill an enemy that was in my way and get them :P

Also, this game is AWESOME

FAASSSSSSSSSAAAAAD!!!!!!

I couldn't help but smile at Salsa...I loved the Bubble Monkey in Earthbound.

Was also glad to see the trippy coffee scene return.

Hey you smell like a kid, and a dog... this isn't a place for dog-smelling kids to be...

Oh my god, this is probably the most perfect RPG I've ever played. the transformation from natural to industrial is being pulled off flawlessly. It's funny how tear jerking it can be at some points, were at others, you just laugh your ass off.

Oh fuck what a fun sexual innuendo when Lucas learns to use PSI with the magypsy(transvestite)... he speaks like if he was raping Lucas ><

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
hmm... i think its time for a mother 3 discussion thread

edit: actually ill wait till a few more people beat hte game first =)

I'm finding the rhythm combos rather difficult to pull off. The emulation is partially to blame and apparently if you're using VBA setting frame skip to 0 can help in some cases so that's something to try out if you're having trouble. The rest is practice or grinding a few levels if you can't be arsed. Pretty easy game so far, i'm a good way through chapter 7 and still loving it.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i guarantee it took you longer to navigate to this page and type "where do you get the japanese rom" than it would to type "mother 3 rom" into google

ps im just starting this game and it looks pretty cool already, cant wait to get into it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)