Moves, as in with Movesets

Sorry about the obscure title, I really couldn't think of another way to say what I just thought of.

Well the idea came to me while wondering which Pokemon actually use Rain Dance in their movesets. Of course I could just look around Smogon for what I would think are viable candidates, but then I might ignore some top user of the move that I wouldn't have thought of before.

That's when I got the idea of an additional feature to the info pages about Moves. What if, like we have lists of Pokemon who can learn it, we also had a list of Pokemon that actually used the move in their movesets. This would be helpful for such moves as Rain Dance, as there are a lot of potential learners of it; however, on some Pokemon it can actually be competitively viable, and as such it would be nice to know what Pokemon use it competitively.

So anyway, that's my little suggestion. Let me know if you don't fully understand what I'm suggesting.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This sounds possible given how the damage calculator can access Gen 4 movesets dynamically and don't have to be added to or removed from the damage calculator explicitly. However, most moves are pretty common sense except for rare support moves like Encore, Destiny Bond, Memento, etc. The ultimate deciding factor is: is it worth Articuno64's time? :doom:

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
This is a good idea that could distinguish our dex from other dexes online. While I don't know the programming specifics of it, I believe it would not be very difficult to note, on each move page, which Pokemon have that move on a particular moveset. Some lists, for moves like Earthquake, might be quite large, but that would probably not be too obtrusive.

This would be amazing, thanks for the suggestion! I really hope Articuno64 decides to implement this; I feel like it would make our dex a lot better. GS is right about moves like Hidden Power and Earthquake having giant lists, but if the list was collapsible (especially by tier), I feel like any possible nuisance brought by that would be offset by the benefits.

I think this is a brilliant idea. Now that we have statistics for different moves on Pokemon as well, perhaps we could use these statistics to determine how often a specific Pokemon uses a specific move (and use this information in the dex)?

It would be fantastic if this idea is implemented!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)