SM UU My First Attemp at UU

What's up guys. Before sun and moon play came out I used to play a fair amount of OU and had a lot of fun with it. Now I'm returning after a long hiatus and noticed that OU looks super boring now, so I'm trying my hand at UU. I also should mention I don't understand any main threats in the tier, so it's hard to know what to look out for especially when you're low on the ladder like me. But that's enough rambling lets get to the team.

Bewear @ Assault Vest
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Return

Ok so first is Bewear. I think this guy is super fun to use. It seems like not a lot of people know what to expect when I send it out, so it gets a lot of work done. Max attack EV so he hits like a truck and HP for some added bulk. Assault vest and Fluffy combo'd together make this guy really beefy while allowing him to still lay down the law. I don't know if earthquake is the right move to have on him though.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Brick Break
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

I mainly use Darmanitan as a revenge killer. He's pretty fast and hits really hard with sheer force fire punch. Choice band is to help make sure I get the kill, and U-Turn is just for getting a quick kill then switching. I tried Infernape in place of him and I just felt Darmanitan was pulling his weight a little more even though he doesn't have fighting STAB.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

I love running Gliscor because it's just such a pain in the ass. It's pretty hard to one shot (unless they have weavile which I have answers for) and is good for taking down pesky tanks. The EV spread is just the suggested spread so I'm open to suggestions on that. Also very good for electric switch ins for some members soon to come.

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz is probaby my favorite mon in UU. I used to run it in OU just because I like the way it plays. Not only is it super tanky with it's really high DEF, it clears hazards for me and stops set ups. Knock off is just a solid STAB move and i think every team should have a knock off to stop leftovers/blacksludge and the like. Rocky helmet is just a personal preference. Leftovers I assume might be better? Definitely want this guy to stay though even if i have to change the set a bit.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Dragon Pulse
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My big bad special sweeper. Really good natural SPA and not bad SPE plus it's typing made it seem like a good fit. Dragon Pulse and Energy Ball are for big damage STAB moves. Synthesis for some sustain when the enemy wants to switch or something, and HP Fire for taking care of ice types if i have to. Seems pretty straight forward.

Primarina @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Last but not least, probably one of my favorite pokemon to come out of SM, Primarina. I love fairy types for their natural SPD. I don't have a true SPD tank, so i ran a bulky Primarina to take a hit if need be. Scald for stab and hopefully burns, Moonblast for STAB and the other two are just for coverage. I don't know how i feel about the life orb, but it seems to be the best fit right now.

So that's the team. I like to make my teams pretty balanced (2 tanks, 2 fast sweeps, 2 bulky sweeps). I'm open to any and all suggestions, and like I said I don't know the UU meta so any insight on that would be very helpful as well. Thanks in advance and please be gentle :|

Hey man, all I can say is: nice team! Just a couple of things to note:
- if your running a defensive gliscor, you don't need a physically defensive madibuzz as well. Either go with a spdef bulk set, or use another spdef bulky mon, such as tentacruel, empoleon, celebi or sylveon. Tentacruel provides a fast rapid spinner, as well as potential Tspike (not to mention haze too), which would work AMAZINGLY with your team to help with darmanitan/M-sceptile core (which is amazing as well btw). empoleon still gives defog, as well as SR and a good resistance to mega-gardevoir, which recently got put down into UU (your team is REALLY weak to this mon, also empoleon gets roar for phazing). Celebi provides a nice grass type for support, as well as healing wish and baton pass to play around your opponent, and sylveon provides a much more offensive tank that can provide wish support as well. All in all, I recommend either of the first 2 mons more than the latter 2, but any of them will do better on the team than mandibuzz.

- If you use darmanitan as a revenge killer, than it needs to outspeed it's biggest threats, namely mega aerodactyl. After mega, it outspeeds and ohkos you, which is not good. Also if you've been chipped, then entei can come in and extreme speed you for the kill, but there's not much you can do against that. I recommend a choice scarf instead. Also FLARE BLITZ. USE IT.

- As for your beware, I don't know enough about it to be able to give you a fair rate on this, but it looks very nice, and I think you've got the right idea. Just be warned that fairies are a HUGE pain for it, since it gets not coverage to beat them. Also M-Gardevoir.

- Last thing, Primarina is INFINATELY better off with a specs. Just trust me on this, specs is way better, especially if you're trying to survive hits with it. Reason being that LO drains your health, which is definitely not good for it.

Hey man thanks for the tips. So I had been playing with this team all night and found i wasn't getting much value out of gliscor. Would those swaps you mentioned for mandibuzz work for him as well?

Hey man thanks for the tips. So I had been playing with this team all night and found i wasn't getting much value out of gliscor. Would those swaps you mentioned for mandibuzz work for him as well?
I know how much of a pain gliscor can be to deal with, heck my favourite UU team has one, but if you try a different set on the gliscor, it may work out for the better. I suggest a more offensive set on gliscor, as it provides a lot more pressure to opposing pokemon you want to tank against. There are a few different sets you may want to try for yourself, but the most effective I find is EQ/Knock/SD/Roost. with SD it can out-damage and beat many offensive threats 1v1, which can help with this team. But if you're adamant on (or just curious about) using another mon, any of those suggestions will wok, just a few different factors to consider: first of all, empoleon is now you're most favoured option. Empoleon being able to resist both of M-gard's STAB attacks is excellent, and can throw a flash cannon back in its face since the pressure for defog/roar has been removed since mandibuzz has it. Also means that celebi becomes a more viable option than before, but you have to worry about scizor quite a bit. Sylveon too. Tentacruel is actually the least viable option now, since it can't take a psyshock for crap, and it's only real value in rapid spin has been covered by mandibuzz (Tspikes don't work since you get outsped and ohko'd). In short, yes, except for tentacruel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)