My first RMT, and I need suggestions.

tehy

Banned deucer.
I don't really have access to any of the fancy stuff, like the pictures and the descriptions. Still, i need help. I can't get my team to come out just right, and even though i've made many changes, i feel like maybe somebody can help me out. So, without further ado.

Roserade@Leftovers
252spA/252spe/4hp Timid
-Sleep powder
-Leaf storm
-Toxic spikes
-Hp ground

Basically, a typical lead roserade, except with hp ground. The reason here is that i don't really like heatran, and it's unexpected, with most heatran expecting to be slept or otherwise ignoring roserade. I'd like a non hp fire suggestion for hp ground though, as i have a specific heatran counter already.

Hippowdon@leftovers
176Hp/84Def/248sPdef impish
-Stockpile
-Earthquake
-Roar
-Slack off

The one and only stockpile hippowdon. Obviously, the best staller in the entire game, except perhaps my other staller. This pokemon is not debatable in the slightest, and any suggestions to change any part of him will be ignored.

Heatran@leftovers
252spe/252spA/4spdeF Timid
-Fire blast
-Earth power
-Hp grass
-substitute

Subran is incredibly underrated and awesome. I'm not changing substitute, as it is his biggest weapon. However, suggestions for a replacement to hp grass will be considered, but hopefully they won't be the suggested shoddy ones. If you do suggest those, at least give me some good reasoning, please?

Skarmory@leftovers
252spA/252hP/4spE Careful
-Iron Defense
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Spikes

Although this is a shoddy set, i thought of it personally before i saw it there.
This isn't a lie, and i'm not afraid to steal openhandedly from shoddy, as you have seen before. Basically, tied for hippo for pimpest phazer, only because he walls toxic. If it had stockpile it'd be GFG. I really like this moveset, honestly. But if you have changes, i guess i'll accept them if they're any good.

Gengar@Choicescarf
4hp/252spA/252spE Modest
-Shadow ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus blast
-Hp ice

I got the idea for scarfgar myself, but stole pretty much everything else from shoddy. So yeah. He's modest, as timid only helps against scarfed plus speed natured flygons. While i can't really do much to them, they can't do much to me either, so i can at least use them as setup bait and phaze them. Besides, they often use u-turn, which makes my life easier. I love this guy's scarf, other suggestions are open. Basically, dd gyara, agilipoleon, and a bunch of crazy crap.

Kabutops@leftovers
152hP/104atK/252spdeF Calm

-Stealth rock
-rapid spin
-Waterfall
-Stone edge

i needed a water type with stealth rock and rapid spin. This was what came up. I also wanted special defense, and although i'm not exactly a fan of requiring sandstorm, it's not really a big deal.

So seriously, tell me how i can improve my team. Also, tell me any programs that make this thing easier. Thanks.

Good ol' Gyarados with a bulky set (Taunt, Waterfall, DD, Bounce) might do quite a lot of damage if you don't stop him quickly. Even more damage if he has EQ instead of Bounce.
A misprediction from Infernape might do some damage to you, especially a mix-nape.
Kingdra might do quite a bit of damage, especially if it gets Rain Dance up.
Machamp can also do quite a bit of damage if Gengar is caught in with HP Ice or something.
Bulky Waters would be very hard to break, including CroCune (Calm Mind would be devastating, since Roserade might take an ugly Ice Beam. I doubt Leaf Storm would kill Suicune after a Calm Mind).

Solutions:
Starmie @Leftovers
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
Natural cure
-Surf
-Recover
-Thunderbolt/Psychic
-Rapid Spin
I don't really see a need for Stealth Rock on the team with Toxic Spikes there... Not to mention spikes on Skarm too. This set will give you the Rapid Spin, but also counters Gyarados and Suicune (with T-bolt) or Machamp (with Psychic). It should also stop any infernape but Scarf Napes locked into grass knot, though you might take a beating. Watch out for T-tars and Scizors with Pursuit and Choice Band, since that'll hurt quite a bit. However, Skarm can then set up on them and just begin Whirlwinding.

Just my two cents.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Scarfgar stops gyarados.
I'm pretty sure leaf storm plus thunderbolt is enough to do suicine in, assuming leaf storm can't do it alone.
And i need stealth rock or i can't stop anything flying, ever, ruining the entire point of my team, which is to set up with skarmory/hippowdown and phaze. Also, hippowdon lols at infernapes except grass knot on the switching, which would screw a starmie anyways. Besides, starmie doesn't have enough bulk to take more than 2 fblasts or ccs without recover, and if i run both of those i have two moves. In addition, i now have two pokemon that get scarfitar'd, which is never a good thing. Also, although i assume you are booting kabutops, it would have been nice to say that originally.

Not to deter others from posting, but that really WAS worth two cents. Come back with something legitimate or nothing at all.

I suggest Explosion on Heatran. You can take out Blissey with it and other common pokemon. If you know you can't beat it then you could use explosion. Dragon Pulse can work to take out some dragons such as Dragonite and Kingdra. You can leave HP grass in if your concerned about water types though.

Good team!

Have you actually used your team? It looks good on paper, but if you came back and edited your post with some threats/troubles, people could give you more specific advice. Part of the reason I'm saying this is because you seem to be pretty set on a lot of your stuff here.

I don't have much experience with stall (or battling in general I'm afraid), but all that I would suggest is considering Aqua Jet over Waterfall on Kabutops. You're running a support set so it won't be attacking much, and without rain it gets outsped by a lot of stuff. Why not get an extra priority attack in case something happens to Gengar?

HP Grass looks fine on Heatran. Explosion could be a nasty surprise but your team looks bulky enough to handle most threats.

Skarmory set looks good too, just be wary of faster pokes that can Taunt you, because then you'll be helpless.

Good luck.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not to deter others from posting, but that really WAS worth two cents. Come back with something legitimate or nothing at all.
Yeah that nearly did deter me from rating, if you are posting this team for advice at least be nice enough to anyone who rates your team. Anything else kinda makes you look arrogant and ungrateful. Also lionsword does actually have a point. Taunt Dos will sweep you if Gengar goes down (usually to a Pursuit). Infernape can set up a Nasty Plot (since lets face it Skarmory is not staying in to WW) and then sweep with GK, CC and Fire Blast. Again the only thing you have to stop this is Scarf Gengar which cannot always be relyed on in a Metagame where Pursuit is not uncommon. Its also slightly ironic in that opposing Substitute Heatran will threaten you. Again settting up a Sub on Skarmory and then screwing you over with Toxic, Earthpower and Fire Blast.

Anyway on to a proper rate

Roserade: Its fine but I am a little uncertain on its place as a lead since you struggle to beat stuff like Machamp. You can weaken it with a Leaf Storm (you get to T-spikes up though) or you can get a layer up but then you have to beat an 100% Machamp. Therefore I suggest a Lead Celebi over Roserade to set up SR early in the match while still giving you the oppotunity to check the bulky waters. Also getting SR up early means that you can prevent Gyarados becoming a threat early in the match.

Hippowdon: its fine

Heatran: its fine. Toxic is a nice option though so that those FLying types (like Dragonite and Gyarados) also get crippled. its up to your though however i don't think Swampert is much of an issue when you have a Roserade and Toxic Spikes.

Skarmory: I would prefer Brave Bird over Iron Defence. The main reason is that nine times out of ten your opponent will bring in a Heatran or something. The point being that most opponents use Special attackers to bring Skamory down (even if your Skarmory is SDef). Also I think you meant SDef on Skarmorys Evs rather than SpA.

Gengar: I don't particularly like Scarf Gar since you get swept by quite a few things when its down. Also you lose you spin blocker if Gengar goes down which measn that its harder for you to stall your opponent out. Personally I would suggest you to try out the Rotom W form to scare off Heatran and Tyranitar which acting as a study spin blocker for your team. It does leave you open to other threats like Gyarados but the alternative is to pretty much lose if you ghost goes down.

Kabutops. Its a nice pokemon however its a little frail for a stallish team like yours. Personally I would try Tentacruel (since I suggested you remove Roserade). Tentacruel can use Toxic Spikes and use Rapid Spin while still checking Heatran with its impressive Special Defence. It can also handle most Infernape.

hope I helped

Have a Nice Day!

tehy

Banned deucer.
Well, i have used my team, but before i had a vaporeon to handle infernape, and a few of the changes are very recent.

Lead celebi added to tentacruel is viable, but i just really liked kabutops. I used a tentacruel right before switching in kabutops and it felt like a gift from heaven, but to be honest roserade lead sucks some balls, as i found out. Sleep powder is nice but it gets raped by a lot.

The hp grass dated back to pre-roserade, and you're right, i'll take it out for explosion. The only reason i didn't before is because i hate explosion, and it kind of goes against my philosophy. Still, it's the only option, especially since i lack a blissey counter.

Scarfgar saves me from dd gyara and dragonite, agilipoleon and even helps against agiligross, and like all gengars takes down sd lucario. Plus, i get kills on shit like scarfrotom. Still, i guess rotom is an option.

Skarmory's point is to set up on enemies that think they can take me with physical moves, and there are a number of these. Still, i think you're right, so i'll just do physically defensive brave bird. Setup phazing is nice, but the damage output more so.

Finally, kabutops has more physical bulk than tentacruel, about as good hp, and more special defense with sandstorm with investment. Therefore, i felt it a good choice as a heatran counter, which i needed, as well as rapid spin and sr. But tentacruel is good with celebi, and the suggestions are appreciated.

Also, the first poster essentially gave advice that was stupid and annoying, suggesting a starmie to counter things i already had countered, and a set i hate anyways.

I'm about to test celebi plus tentacruel. lead celebi has u-turn, and tentacruel has maxed special defense and the toxic spikes plus rapid spin moveset with sludge bomb, as most pokemon hp electric is SE on take only 5 more base power, whereas it gives a stab option to those who don't take SE damage from hp electric, as well as a way to stop the rare grass-types.

First battle.

I never really got to use either effectively, but i like them anyways, i lost two pokemon to a missed f-blast and crit, and then pulled off a scarfgar sweep with an enemy stone edge miss.

Handily won the second battle.

Thanks for the suggestions, i like my team a LOT more now.

Third won, so yeah.

i'll stop posting each battle now

Oh hey moderator, good point too.
Although i knew i could do this, i forgot it could be used for this purpose

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)