My First RMT - Offensive Rain

Introduction

So this is my first RMT, as well as my first post on Smogon. I've been playing Pokemon for maybe two months so I don't have a whole lot of experience with the game or making teams. Usually I would just go around the forum and use whatever team looked the most appealing to me. I peaked at maybe 1150 using this method, which was actually really good for me. I was pretty happy with that. But then I thought "you know what Huffle, you need to be a man and actually make a team". So here I am with my first real team. I must say that it's very good for me, seeing as how I have peaked at around 1300. Probably because it works with my style of play, which is offensive and hyper offensive. But enough rambling, let's take a look at the team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At A Glance

Politoed @ Choice Scarf | Drizzle
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Focus Blast | Perish Song

Well, like I said in the introduction, I went around using teams other people had made that looked the most appealing to me. A vast majority of those teams were rain teams so I have become accustom to using rain. That led me to make a rain team. And a rain team can't have rain without Politoed. I found Choice Scarf to be the most useful item on this thing. But honestly, this thing sucks. There are better water pokemon than this thing. The only reason I have it is because of Drizzle. Hydro Pump is of course STAB. Ice Beam is for if a dragon takes out one of my pokes. I can switch this thing in and Ice Beam them. Most people usually think they can OHKO it and stay in, but what they don't know is that I have Choice Scarf and can outspeed them. They usually don't OHKO me, allowing me to be able to get two hits off so I can take them down Ice Beam. Focus Blast is there for coverage. Perish Song is for things that would otherwise be huge threats like Sub DD Gyarados (as Asek mentioned)

Dragonite @ Lum Berry | Multiscale
Adamant | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance | Earthquake | ExtremeSpeed | Outrage

I feel that no team can be complete without a Dragon on the team. And for me, Dragonite is the best. It has access to Multiscale which is simply amazing. It almost guarantees a Dragon Dance. However, I don't have a spinner so I need to make sure this thing is sent out early so the opponent doesn't have rocks up. Anyway, I use Lum Berry for those guys who like to Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, or Toxic me. If they don't do any of those things then it's to cure the confusion after using Outrage. Dragon Dance is for setting up (duhh). Earthquake is to hit steel types that can wall me. ExtremeSpeed is for that all important priority, making Dragonite a good revenge killer on this team. The last move is of course Outrage for that massive STAB attack.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf | Download
Hasty | 88 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 164 Spe
U-turn | Ice Beam | Thunder | Bug Buzz

I originally had Donphan in this spot but it just wasn't working out very well for me. This thing is almost always my lead. I just U-turn out to see what they lead with. But anyway, I've always loved Genesect mainly because it's shiny form is all red, and red is my favorite color. But this thing is also a monster, almost always nabbing a kill, or two...or six. Plus, in the rain, it loses its 4x weakness to fire, which almost always ensures it can survive two hits. I went with Choice Scarf because, well, it's one of the best, if not the best Choice Scarf user. The EVs on this thing let me maximize my U-turn damage, while only being outsped by other Scarfed Genescts. And I opposing Genesect get an Attack boost and not a SpA boost with this EV spread so I'm not OHKO'd by a Flamethrower when the rain is up. U-turn is a nice STAB that keeps the momentum going. Ice Beam is of course for those pesky dragon types. Thunder is mainly just for coverage and Bug Buzz for STAB. I only really use Bug Buzz instead of U-turn late game because the opponent usually has something to take Bug Buzz really well. And I like to keep the momentum going. I guess I could replace Bug Buzz with Flamethrower to take out those things that are 4x weak to fire but I'm not sure since this is a rain team.

Gastrodon @ Life Orb| Storm Drain
Modest | 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 SDef
Scald | Earth Power | Ice Beam | Recover

Let me start off by saying that this thing is a MONSTER in the rain. Scald can pretty much OHKO or 2HKO everything that dares to face it. Just think about it, rain boosted, STAB, Life Orb Scald. It just tears through teams. It usually kills two things each match, which is simply outstanding. I can't tell you how much I love this thing. Don't get me started on what happens if I switch it in on a water type move to get that boost. Anyway, Scald is of course for that almighty STAB. Earth Power is also its other STAB move. Ice Beam is for dragons once again, and HP Recover is well, for recovering. The EVs on this thing let me have decent bulk and still do a hell of a lot of damage. Modest nature is for that extra power.

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb | Regenerator
Naive | 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hurricane | Superpower | Taunt | U-turn

At one point I had tried Terrakion but it just wasn't doing it. So I thought I'd use Tornadus-T. It is a rain team anyway so you have to abuse that as much as you can. I chose Tornadus-T over just plain Tornadus because it has that extra speed and the almighty Regenerator ability. Naive is just for some extra speed. The EVs are just for max damage and max speed, nothing special. Hurricane is it's most powerful STAB move. Superpower is just coverage, I don't use it too often though. Taunt is for da blobs who give Tornadus a hard time. U-turn is simply to scout and keep momentum.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers | Iron Barbs
Relaxed | 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Stealth Rock | Gyro Ball | Leech Seed | Power Whip

The last member of my team. It is Ferrothorn. I originally had the EXTREMELY underrated Curse set. I doubt a lot of people have even heard of that set. Every now and then, it would sweep an entire team. It was sooo fun watching people forfeit. But like I said on Genesect, I used to have a Donphan which would set my Rocks up. When I replaced Donphan with Genesect, I had no hazards what so ever. That forced me to replace my beloved Curse set with the standard set. I also don't have a spinner so that's never good. I guess I could replace Ferrothorn with Forretress but I always play better with Ferrothorn and I just generally like it more than Forretress. Again this is the standard set. Stealth Rock for hazards, Gyro Ball and Power Whip for its STAB moves and Leech Seed for recovery and residual damage. This team has troubles with the pink blobs. Genesect and Dragonite are okay for them I guess but they just don't get the job done really. So in comes Ferrothorn. All you have to do is Leech Seed those pink blobs and bam, you get MASSIVE recovery.

Well thanks for reading my first RMT. I hope it's not to terrible of a team. I will be taking pretty much all suggestions so don't hesitate if you have an idea for this team or anything.

Changes will be made in Bold

Importable
Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SAtk / 164 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz

Gastrodon (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Tornadus (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Taunt
- U-turn

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

The first thing when I see this team is the extreme lack of physical attackers. Only a setup sweeper with a 4x weakness and a wall will not do it, considering the 3 choiced special attackers. Since Gastrodon is so extremely similar to Politoed, I would swap out Gastrodon for a physical attacker such as, say, Scarf Terrakion (not sure how well this synergizes with the team, but you get the point). I would also replace scald on Politoed for Hydro Pump to make up for the lost damage, and make Politoed a specs variant.

Hey man nice looking rain team you have here!

Ok so looking at your team i saw that you don't have a Rapid Spin user and your team is quite weak to entry hazards. Dragonite gets his Multiscale Broken and despite Tornadus-T having Regenerator he still doesn't like 25% of his health taken every time he switches in. Spikes are also dangerous for this team especially seeing as your Genesect and Politoed are scarfed they will be switching in and out alot Politoed also has to keep healthy so he can keep providing rain. These constant switches cause your pokemon to be quickly worn down by hazards. Hail teams also look a bit annoying to verse because Abomasnow has Ice Shard to help with Tornadus-T and Dragonite while he can live any hit from Politoed and Gastorodon and threaten with Wood Hammer. Hail stall teams also commonly stack hazards which as i have previously mentioned destroy your team.

The simplest way to fix this problem is to get a Rapid Spin user. Forretress>Ferrothorn is a good option. Because Forretress still provides the steel typing to help against dragons and Stealth Rock much like Ferrothorn. However he also carries Rapid Spin to get rid of all those nasty hazards your opponent lays. Forretress also threatens hail teams with Gyro Ball and can use Volt Switch to escape Magnezone. Volt Switch is also great in conjunction with Tornadus-T and Genesects's U-turn allowing you to gain momentum. Like Ferrothorn Forretress gets a little bit of pressure of his 4x weakness to fire in the rain but also doesn't have that nasty Fighintg-Type weakness allowing you to beat Choice Scarf Terrakion with Gyro Ball.

However with Forretress in your team you lose an important water-type resist. This makes switching into opposing water-type moves a little bit harder. This problem can be fixed though by changing your Politoed's set. Politoed is a bit redundant anyway next to Genesect because you don't really need two Choice Scarfed pokemon as this opens you up to set up sweepers more. Defensive Poltoed>Choice Scarf Politoed is much better because it gives you another pokemon that can switch into powerful water-type moves with Ferrothorn gone.This set also helps with Politoeds longetivity which is important seeing as this team doesn't have a Dugtrio to take on other weather inducers. Despite being defensive this Politoed can still run Scald and Ice Beam like your Choice Scarf set.

Sets

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed | 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 Sp Def (0 spe ivs)
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Volt Switch | Gyro Ball

Politoed @ Leftovers | Drizzle
Bold | 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Scald | Toxic | Ice Beam | Perish Song

Tl;dr
Forretress--->Ferrothorn

Poltoed
.Defensive Set--->Choice Scarf Set

~Superpowerdude

@Eggy Thanks for your suggestion. While I do know I only have two physical attackers, the only things that are too terrible are Blissey and Chansey. I have Ferrothorn for them. I know, what if Ferrothorn dies? Well if I see one of them, I make sure I save Ferrothorn. But if he does die, well, I do have a tough time with them. And I tried Specs politoed, it was nice but I find scarf better. It's always nice to get that kill on a dragon without them hitting me

@Superpower Yeah, Hail Teams are a bitch. But I rarely see them. Although I'll make sure to try out your suggestion. I do have a question though, if I were to replace Ferro with Forretress, how would I take down Blissey and Chansey? They're tough to take down without Ferro.
EDIT I tried the Toed set. It was okay but it didn't help too often. I found that being scarfed caught a lot of people off guard and was more helpful

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

Your Dragonite will have a hard time setting up and sweeping if you have no spinner. Quite honestly, every serious team at the moment use Stealth Rock, which is going to strip off 25% of Dragonite's health, removing its Multiscale ability, giving it a much harder time setting up on some stuff, because they can use HP Ice or whatever move that hurts Dragonite a ton without Multiscale. Being able to remove Stealth Rock is often key in a game, as hazard stacking teams will also be very threatning if they carry a different weather (Sandstorm most of the time) as then, Politoed will take a lot of damage every time it switches in. You could try using a Starmie instead of Gastrodon. Starmie will be able to force a lot of switches because of its fantastic coverage and swift base 115 Speed, giving you time to Spin the hazards away, letting Dragonite set up and sweep. Most of the things that Gastrodon handles are also handled by Ferrothorn, but be aware that you'll have to play Ferrothorn a bit more carefully as losing it could mean bad news.

If you're worried about Blissey, you can use a different set on Tornadus-T. Quite honestly, Focus Blast isn't that great because its accuracy sucks, and while it hits some stuff pretty hard that Hurricane can't, these things aren't very numerous and missing them sucks (especially Tyranitar.) Run Superpower instead. Superpower cleanly OHKOes Tyranitar, while also dealing big damage to Blissey, which is nice. Pretty much everything else is severly damaged by Hurricane anyway. You'll have to use a Naive nature then, with 4 Attack EVs. You can also drop Hidden Power Ice to use Taunt instead, which will deny any recovery for Blissey, making it much easier to deal with. Hidden Power Ice isn't very useful anyway as pretty much everything it hits takes a lot of damage from Hurricane anyway, so Taunt will be more useful, as denying hazards can be pretty cool too.

I think that you should use an Adamant nature on your Dragonite instead of Jolly. You say that you use it to outspeed other Dragonite that run Adamant, however, chances are whenever a Dragonite comes in on another Dragonite, one of them will have a Dragon Dance, unless of course you use it as a lead and your opponent too, but since Dragonite is a top tier threat, it's generally well prepared for. Chances are, you won't have to speed tier with other Dragonite anytime soon. If you have an Adamant nature, Dragonite will be a bit more powerful which is very important since you can't afford to run Life Orb since Dragonite's Multiscale would be ruined by it.

Lastly you might wanna run Hydro Pump instead of Scald on Politoed, as it is fairly weak, and Hydro Pump compensates for that. It has pretty gigantic base power and will hurt Pokemon that don't resist it a lot, making it a much more reliable revenge killer which is cool. While it isn't as reliable accuracy wise it will land much more KOs than Scald can because it's actually 1,5x more powerful, quite a considerable power difference.

Anyway that's pretty much it, here's the set you should use:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~Hydro Pump
~Thunder
~Ice Beam
~Rapid Spin

Good luck!

@Jirachi Hey, Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely try Starmie. One thing about Tornadus though. While taunt does seem good on paper, I don't think it'll be good in battle. I usually hang around 1.2k on the leaderboards and for some reason, I get a lot of dragons that switch into Tornadus, so HP Ice has proven to be very helpful. But this is an RMT so I will of course try it out :P
EDIT: So I tried out Starmie. It worked fairly nicely but with it, I had three pokes weak to Electric, so after a few key threats were gone, electric types could just destroy me. Gastro was my counter for electric types, mainly Rotom W, who is very common. I think I'll stick with Gastro. My team isn't too weak to weak to rocks. If I see a Deoxys-D, then I can taunt it, so that will help keep him from getting too many hazards up

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey

Cool team, Specs Gastrodon is a very cool mon. However I do think that changing a move on Gastrodon could help you out a little. I reccomend using Scald > Surf on Gastrodon has it has quite a few uses. The 15 base drop in power really won't count towards that much, as you will still be hitting rediculously hard with scald. Scald instead has the bonus of potentially burning stuff that will be trying to switch into Gastrodon, the notable ones being Ferrothorn and breloom who will otherwise be switching into surf for free and either setting up hazards or just setting up in general respectively. The power differance in general isn't very notable comparing to the very nice burn chance of Scald.

I didn't think that HP [GRASS] on Politoed was too nessecary. You have your own Gastrodon and Ferrothorn to handle the 2 targets that HP[GRASS] let you hit hard, namely Rotom-W and Gastrodon. I feel this slot could be fair better utilized by using Perish song > HP[GRASS]. With Perish song and scarf equipped you can stop many set up sweepers cold by switching in and getting a quick perish song off, ending their chances of pulling off a sweep. This is very useful when the opponent is down to their last pokemon as you can simply perish song on it, and then just survive for 3 turns to claim assured victory. Perish song also stops the threatening Sub + DD Gyarados who can cause major havoc to your team when a set up opportunity presents, most notably on Earth power locked in Gastrodon

GL with the team

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nice team man, not bad for a first try at all.

IF
you are going to utilize a Choice Scarf Politoed set, ALWAYS make it timid because with the release of Tornadus-T, you really need the extra speed to be able to outspeed it. The extra power isn't going to matter when opposing tornadus-T outspeed you and take you out with Hurricane. I would also try to fit in Encore or Perish Song in its moveset to combat Baton Pass teams and random set up sweepers better. HP Grass and Focus Blast are unnecessary as you have quite a few pokemon on your team to handle what it needs to hit.

Also have you considered Waterfall on Dragonite? In the rain, Waterfall is slightly stronger than earthquake and Skarmory/Bronzong are actually hit by Waterfall and Water/Dragon coverage is exceptionally good. I believe it is only resisted by Ferrothorn. You do miss out on hitting it hard with EQ but Outrage is only 10 points weaker than it.

Lastly, I think you should try out an underrated Ferrothorn set that is getting more popularity. Because you have quite a few pokemon that Rotom-W does well against, I think you should use a ChestoResto Ferrothorn. One of the biggest problems for Rotom-W is handling Ferrothorn. They don't have much to take it on and if they carry WoW, they have to rely on its shaky accuracy. With this set, you can take the status and hit them pretty hard with a Power Whip, and then at low health recover up to full. If they're not familiar with the set, they will be confused as to what item you are running. Although the set is supposed to set up spikes instead of Rocks, you don't have rocks on your team and that's absolutely necessary in this meta.
Ferrothorn @ Chesto Berry | Iron Barbs
Sassy | 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock | Gyro Ball | Rest | Power Whip

Good luck on your team!

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey PCS HuffleYourPuff, nice team!

One thing I noticed when looking at your team is that you have a large abundance of Choiced pokemon, this is rarely a good thing as it leaves you locked into unfavourable moves and lets sweepers set up on you. Because your Gastrodon is a great check to common water and electric types like Thundurus-t, you use it on this team for defensive purposes and not just offensive ones, you'll be switching Gastrodon in alot and without a recovery move and Gastrodon's low speed, it'll be weakened very quickly, it's also going to be switching into Rotom-W incredibly often but if it gets burned on the switch it'll be worn down pretty fast. To help remedy this situation I recommend running a Life Orb Tank Gastrodon over your current Specs set. This Gastrodon will still destroy teams and nothing is going to withstand a rain, STAB and Storm Drain boosted Scald, but this Gastrodon will stay around for longer due to Recover and it won't be set up Fodder for flying types when locked into Earth Power and vice versa.

Gastrodon @ Life Orb
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 SDef
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

The set is mostly the same as Specs except for a few things; The HP EVs are to get as much HP as possible with minimum Life Orb recoil with the extra few dumped into Special Defense to take Thundurus-t's Focus Blasts better as well as the other common special attackers Gastrodon switches into. Recover let's you recover off any damage as well as Life Orb recoil and takes the place of Hidden Power [Grass], as you said you don't use it much and it offers the least amount of coverage.

I also recommend changing Genesect's EV spread to: 88 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 164 Spe.This is the same spread to the one you're currently using other than moving 4 Attack EVs into Special Defense, but there's a good reason for this, your current spread gives opposing Genesect a Special attack boost which is usually no big deal because even without the Special Attack boost Flamethower is a guarenteed OHKO. However, under the rain, Genesect's Flamethower does (72.08% - 86.22%) without a Special Attack boost and (108.83% - 128.62%) - Guarenteed OHKO - with a Special Attack boost, meaning you can live a non boosted Flamethower and then retaliate with Thunder if you change your spread to the one I suggested.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)

@Asek Thanks for your suggestion. I tried Perish Song over HP Grass and I love it. I use it FAR more than HP Grass and it's proven to be very helpful. And I also used your Scald > Surf suggestion. I was still OHKOing things that I normally would have and things that weren't OHKO'd would get burned so I'm sticking with that too.

@Chimpakt Thanks for the rate. I made sure to make Toed Timid so I could outspeed Tornadus. I haven't noticed too big of a power difference without Modest to Timid helps. And for Waterfall on D-nite, I like it so much better than EQ. It's really been a help. For the Chesto Resto Ferro, it hasn't proven to be too great for me. There's been a few times where it as helped but the standard set I was using has been a lot better for me.

@MrDoom I tried your Gastro set out and it's amazing. It packs a very similar punch to the Choice Specs set, I can switch moves, AND I can get health back with recover. I'm definitely sticking with this set. And I thanks for that Genesect set, I've had times where they OHKO me with Flamethrower in the rain and that's pretty annoying.

Hey,

This is a pretty solid team.But one problem I can think of is you have a dragonite without a rapid spinner which help you keep your Multiscale.So I'll have to agree with Superpowerdude you should use Forretress>Ferrothorn.Another nitpick I can think of is using Superpower>Earthquake on Dragonite cause it can help in beating Ferrothorns and other steel types.

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed | 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 Sp Def (0 spe ivs)
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Volt Switch | Gyro Ball

Sorry for the short rate.
Good Luck!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I promised that I would rate your team, so here I am. Just from taking a glance at your team, hazards seem to be a massive problem for your team to deal with. Dragonite loses its Multiscale upon switching into Stealth Rock even once, Genesect is forced to limit its switches, and Tornadus-T can't afford to stay in as long as it usually can, thanks to the negative impact that Life Orb and Stealth Rock has on its health. It's because of Stealth Rock that a spinner is near mandated on your team. If you would prefer to maintain an offensive presence, Life Orb Starmie can be used over Dragonite, who seems to be the least useful member of your team. It packs incredible power underneath the rain, and can spin against almost every Ghost in OU. Alternatively, if you would prefer keeping Dragonite and a bulky Steel (face it, Genesect is not bulky) you could swap out Ferrothorn for a Hidden Power Ice Forretress. While you do lose a critical Water resist, you already have Gastrodon, Politoed, and Dragonite for that. Meanwhile, Forretress can spin and switch into Outrages aimed at the rest of the team. With Volt Switch, it can somewhat contribute to the Voltturn chain. It's up to personal preference which spinner you choose to use. Both deal with Mamoswine, another threat to your team, rather effectively. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Starmie @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 0 Atk
Hydro Pump | Thunder | Rapid Spin | Ice Beam

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed Nature | 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpA | 30 Spe
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Volt Switch | Hidden Power Ice

Nitpicks:
---->
OR
---->

With that being said, good luck with your team! I'll update this post when I can come up with something to alleviate a potential Electric weakness.

To help with the electric type weakness, there's two things you can do, use something which has a type immunity to electricity (i.e. ground) or use an ability which can negate that. I prefer to use pokemon with an ability to this since ground types do have a weakness to water as well (which is boosted in the rain).
Thundurus-T is a suggestion here but it depends on what you need but seeing as you have quite a lot of special attackers it may not be a great idea. You could try Electivire, with the speed boost gained from a timely switch, he's quite beastly.

Another Physical attacker would be toxicroak, he's a beast in the rain, as well as healing from the rain and black sludge, other water attacks will heal him as well. The only down side to this is when fighting sunny day teams which will hurt your toxicroak.

Well good luck with your team man, I hope this helps a bit

@Metroid. Thanks for your suggestion. I currently have Waterfall and not Earthquake on my D-nite and since this is a rain team, it will pack an extra punch. It also has a chance to flinch which is always nice. Superpower on the other hand lowers my Atk and Def which means I can't constantly use it without having to switch out. I'll try it out though

@Trinitrotoluene Thanks for the rate. I've tried Starmie and Forretress already they were okay. I don't think I'll be using Starmie over D-nite though because it only adds to my electric weakness. Plus D-nite does have my only Priority move so that's another reason not to use Starmie.

@Noob Asian I already have Gastrodon which can take both Water and Electric types. And like you said, I don't need another Special Attacker. If you could suggest where to use Toxicroak then I certainly will try it out.

@Metroid and Trinitrotoluene Since so many people are suggesting I use Forretress over Ferrothorn, I might as well give it another shot.

Since you have two scarfed members (Politoed and Genesect) I feel it could be slightly restricting in late games (especially if they end up being your last pokemon). Whilst Genesect could definitely survive a fire attack in the rain, he's probably the least needed (Poli's for rain ofc) so I would swap Genesect for Toxicroak:

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin (also gives water immunity)
Adamant/jolly nature
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch

The other replacement you could do is swap Gastrodon for Toxicroak.

Now if you're thinking about the cons of sing Toxicroak (i.e. weaknesses to psychic and flying) you can either switch to Ferrothorn or sucker punch them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)