My First RMT, Yay!!

At a glance

In Depth

Breloom@ Choice Band (My Physical revenge killer)
Trait: Technician
Ev’s: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Jolly Nature

-Bullet Seed
-Mach Punch
-Low Sweep
-Stone Edge
As I said in his name this is one of 2 priority revenge killers. Imagine technician breloom as scizor with a better typed bullet punch. Here he is. Mach punch is for things like terrakion that could plow through me with plus 2 in speed or attack. Low sweep is for the switch that will be 2hko so I can outspeed the second turn and kill it. Bullet Seed is for the omnipresent politoed as it always OHKO’s it. Stone Edge kills flyers that resist my stab like Thunduruus-T. The Ev’s are simple max attack to deal max damage, max speed jolly because I’d rather outspeed than have some useless power because this thing has all the power he needs.

Infernape@ Life Orb (My wall breaker)
Trait: Blaze
EV’s: 156Atk/252Spe/100Spa
Hasty Nature
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Overheat
-Grass Knot
This thing has bailed me out so many times, Banded Terrakion with a dead Latias, CC, +2 Gliscor with rocks up or with blaze activated, overheat, and lots more are OHKO’d or 2HKO’s by this guy. Set is standard Stone Edge for flyers, CC and Overheat for Stab and great coverage, grass knot for heavy walls like hippowdon. 156 Atk so I can put 100 into Spa to OHKO hippowdow like 60% of the time. Hasty to beat all neutral natured 108’s like Terrakion and Keldeo (although I rarely stay in on Keldeo)

Latias@Leftovers (My special wall)
Trait: Levitate
Ev's 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Reflect
-Roost
This guy is the reason something like Alakazam or Trick room reuniclus from sweeping my team with the meaty Special defense.
The EV's and timid allow me to outspeed all nuetral nature based 100's like salamance and set up, heal, or attack. Defense and HP investment because the specials after just one boost are huge investment or not. I choose Latias over Latios because I needed a wall not another sweeper.

Mamosine@ Life Orb (bye bye dragons)
Trait:Thick Fat
EV's 252HP/252Atk/4SpD
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash
-Stone Edge
This guy is what keeps Moxie scarfed Salamance or DD Dragonite after rocks from sweeping me with a devastating ice shard. Icicle Crash is for the things that can take 2 Ice shards and is if Mamoswine is faster priority is redundant. Stone edge is for things like gyrados that are flyers but aren't weak to ice. HP vs Speed is because I end up just using spamming ice shard and I'd rather have bulk than speed.

Bronzong@Leftovers (My stealth rocker)
Trait: Levitate
EV's 252HP/200Def/4SpA/52 SpD
Relaxed nature
-Stealth Rock
-Calm Mind
-Flash Cannon
-Toxic
Before I had this guy I had no Rocks and I would be alienated by sun teams, now I can take them on if I play right. This set is easy to use, Calm mind switches toxic Walls and Flash cannon things weak to it like Terrakion, set up rocks ASAP. The EV's give me a little special bulk and a lot of physical bulk. Relaxed so I am stupidly fast under opposing Trick room

Gliscor@Toxic Orb (Physical wall)
Trait: Toxic Heal
Ev's 184HP/100Atk/152Def/72Spe
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Swords dance
-Ice Fang
-Protect
This is my physical wall and with Toxic heal it never dies by a physical attacker. This use to be a Skarmory but it didn't have the attacking potential I like so I switched to gliscor and I love it. The lack of instant recovery is annoying but in two turns I get 25% back and I find that sufficient and bronzong covers my need for a steel. EV's are for more bulk and some offense. Earthquake is stab, Ice fang allows me to hit Gengar which is a huge threat to this team.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey! Solid team you have here, although there's still room for improvement.

You should really change your Bronzong set. While Bronzong is quite a good pokemon in OU if used right, using a CM set with mono-Steel coverage is absolutely terrible. OU is infested by Steel types, that can freely switch on you and troll you as they please. Ferrothorn can come in, Leech Seed, and set up four layers of hazards as you try to hurt it somewhat. Heatran can just roast you with its Fire coverage until it gets a burn, or a critical hit, and since +6 uninvested Flash Cannon is not even guaranteed to 4HKO, you're not doing something in return anytime soon - especially if Heatran carries Roar. Forretress can freely spin, and while not usually happy to set up on a special attacker, it takes basically nothing anyway from Flash Cannon (need Bronzong to reach +6 to be 2HKO'd). Jirachi, while not capable to harm Bronzong, can just stall out your Flash Cannons while it Wishes, Calm Minds too, or whatever. I suggest changing your set to a more standard Support Bronzong, that does the job of setting up Rocks equally well, and is somewhat threatening for its switch-ins, at least. It would actually give you some Ice coverage, thus being a secondary check to DD Dragonite which is very scary if Mamoswine has been removed or weakened enough for Extremespeed to get the KO; also, it lets you hit Gliscors and Landoruses that could othwerise be a nuisance.

Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
Sassy | 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD | 2 Spe IVs
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

Also, I would change a bit your Gliscor set. EVs are questionable, since I don't really see a purpose in lowering defenses to put 100 EVs in attack. However, the moveset is really not great; SD Gliscor appreciates much more Protect over Substitute, since it can scout with it and get free Toxic Heal turns while getting a great advantage on Choiced opponents. Also, I would really suggest changing Facade into Ice Fang. While it may seem underwhelming, you have absolutely no way to hit Gengar at the moment, and Gengar looks quite threatening for the rest of your team (My Bronzong set partially fixes that, but your set could eat a Disable on Flash Cannon and become useless...). Ice Fang gives you at least a way to take down its Sub, and switch out predicting the Disable. Also it's nice to have coverage on Dragons and Breloom. This is my suggested set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal
Impish | 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Hope it helped! Good luck for your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)