My First RMT

Since this is my first RMT I'm just gonna keep it simple...
My Team At A Glance:

A Closer Look:

Lead:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Sp.D
Relaxed Nature (+Defense, -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Stealtg Rocks
Forretress can set up Toxic Spikes, SR, and spikes while rapid spinning. So it was a no-brainer that I switched Scolipede out for him.
Revenge:

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SPtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
This is my revenge killer...it works like a BEAST! It also helps out Magnezone by switching in on Fighting and Fire typed attacks directed at Magnezone, and with a boosted Overheat it can do tons of damage! With its Powerful STAB overheat it can just keep switchin' in and demolish vital aspects of a team. The choice scarf fixs Chandelure's not so great speed. I use this as my Thundurus counter, Chandelure can come in after a pokemon has fallen to Thundurus and deal um....60% damage possibly more...with overheat...and with Choice scarf it will out speed even Thundurus. Then I will switch out to Scolipede (excpeting that Chandelure will die) and finish of Thundurus with rock slide. Chandelure is also for sunny day team counters. I'll send it out on Ninetails for the Flashfire boost or to force a switch...if it doesn't I will 2HKO it with shadow ball.

Defensive Support:

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Ability: Water Abosrb
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Protect
- Heal Bell
With no rapid spin support on my team switching in and out should be a problem, but Vaporeon can heal away the damage. It can act as a cleric if I needed it to(which is great). But with wish, vaporeon is able to releave snorlax and Chandelure, and everyone else on my team, of entry hazards and battle damage. Vaporeon is my main gliscor control, it can wall it and counter with surf.

Status Absorber:

Snorlax @Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind
- Rest
This Snorlax annoys people to no ends! with its bulk it can just stall out the opponent if they are affected by Toxic Spikes. He absorb all status on my team, or tries to ~.~ then rests it all away while regain HP! He is also a very effective tank. With whirlwind and bodyslam he is able to spread paralysis to those who arent effected by toxic spikes while shuffling the team and just doing damage to whatever switches in with whirlwind.

Steel Killer:

Magnezone @Expert Belt
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SAtk / 48 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute
Magnezone is my main steel killer (with the help of Chandelure). With all the Steel types out of the opponent's team you can go ahead and sweep with Dragonite. He is also what I use against politoads on Rain teams. As long as Politoad does not carry focus blast magnezone will either kill it or force a switch.

Physical Sweeper:

Dragonite @Leftovers
Ability:Multi Scale
EVs: 196 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef / 56 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
Dragonite is my sweeper. With light screen up an Ice Beam from an Sp. Politoad will no LESS THAN 50% of damage to dragonite. With it covered from ice beam dragonite can fairlily easily set up dragon dance and sweep ounce all the steel types are gone.

Well That's My Team :D

Well, this is my first time I have rated a team so don't expect it to be the best.
I don't like having a Scolipede as a leading set-up since it isn't really that bulky to take hits while setting up. You could try a Defensive Ferrothorn with spikes and/or stealth rock instead. It could survive more hits that an aggresive Scolipede...

You also don't have a rapid spinner but that doesn't seem to bad to this team, but if you do need a rapid spinner, a Forretress could be used instead of the Ferrothorn idea. Forretress can also have toxic spikes which is used on your scolipede.
Hope this helped!

Well yeah the forretress sounds like aa good idea :D, you only need to set up 2 layers of toxic spikes and wtih focus sash scolipede is able to do that...hmm but forretress can set up toxic spikes just as well and rapid spin, but if I take out scolipede...thundurus can sweep my team. so ill test it out with forretress.

In my opinion this is a pretty good team. I like the uniqueness in the team. Its pretty cool. The only thing wrong is I think you should probably post the abilities of your pokemon. If Dragonite doesn't have the multiscales ability I would definatlety suggest it. Other that it seems pretty good.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey there,

Like many weatherless teams yours is very weak to weather teams. Rain teams and Sandstorm teams will have no troubles getting through the bulkiest members of this team. Rotom-W is your biggest problem against rain. Your team is simply... defenseless against the Specsed version. Hydro Pump will destroy anything not named Vaporeon, which can be taken down by the powerful Thunder. Don't be fooled : Without investment, Snorlax cannot take Hydro Pump. That's why I suggest you swap Vaporeon for a really cool pokemon that walls rain teams to death : Gastrodon. Its typing and ability grants it with immunities to both Water and Electric, while its high special defense allows it to shrug off any non super effective coverage move (HP Grass won't OHKO!)

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Calm
Storm Drain
EVs : 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
-Surf / Scald
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover

It's not over though. This team has severe problems with probably the most threatning pokemon in our current metagame : Excadrill. Nothing on this team is very able to take its bossted Earthquakes and Rock Slides. However, it's fairly easy to counter. A good way to patch up that weakness is by using Conkeldurr instead of Snorlax. With Conkeldurr, you don't only absorb the status, but you use it at your advantage with Guts. Here's the set you should use :

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Adamant
Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 spe
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback
-Bulk Up

thx for the rating guys! yeah I do have BIG problems with Excadrill and Rotom-W like you said :(, but your fixs could really help!oh and i put up the abilities with dragonite with multiscale. i think with the changes i can make my team and my thread better!

Use a color that is easier to read. I can barely read it.

Your Scolipede lead is weak against most leads. Ninetails and Tyranitar will OHKO it. Almost nobody in their right mind would use a Thunderous lead. At most, you will only be getting one layer of toxic spikes before it dies to any attacks by them, not to mention some people who use Taunt.

Like the others have mentioned, you need a rapid spinner. Stealth rocks hurts 25% of the health of half your team.

What if Snorlax comes across a ghost type? How is it going to body slam it? You're going to have to switch out, and when you switch back in, who knows how long it will be asleep for, and when it wakes up, you have lost a turn by using sleep talk.

um...Scolipede is fast...like really fast so it goes first and uses toxic spikes. And than the opponent either hits or sets up. and if the opponent hits I have focus sash and then it goes first again setting up 2 layers.um....Snorlax can use whirlwind to switch it out. And almost all ghost type will easily be OHKO'd by Chandelure.Added a Rapid spinner to the team...btw the RMT shows the Orginal....not the comment changes. Tyranitar can be killed with Vaporeon/Gastrodon (Comment Change) and Ninetails is basically usless against Chandelure so it will have t oswitch out or be 2HKO'd by Shadow Ball.BTW you can find all this out in the comments and the RMT!

Unique team, uses many interesting elements. You are weak to the common Specs Latios. To fix this problem, you can try a Choice Band Snorlax. He takes special hits fairly well, and gets wish support from vappy. Your current set also does not really work since toxic spikes only need to come into play once to harm opposing pokes. It would work better if you had actually spikes or rocks. lax takes about 60% from a specs draco, and can pursuit the dragon afterwards. The set is:

Snorlax @Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Att / 252 SpD / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Return / Body Slam
- Crunch

This poke can also does not have to worry about the skarm because zone takes care of him. His moves are coverage and self explanatory.

For your lead Scoipede, I suggest Swarm over Poison Point. This is mainly because if you survive and can use him later, he can attack with a STAB Swarm boosted Megahorn which should hit things hard. You can also try eq on him since it helps his coverage, and I don't think he'll force switches too well due to his surprise factor. It is true, he is fast, but you also need rocks as well. You can try a forry over him, since forry can spin away opposing toxic spikes that may harm the majority of your team.

In a nutshell:
CB lax over your current lax
Swarm over Poison Point on Scoipede
eq or something over swords dance on scoipede
Forretress as a replacement over scoipede.

Nice team!

Ok...thx to many comments telling me to change scolipede I will change him on the RMT btw I already changed it on the actual team on PO (pokemon online) and I'll test out the CB snorlax...he had
Ajor problems with ghost types before but, I think with choice band that can fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)