My first RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first RMT. I recently made this team on shoddy and have been having quite a lot of success with it. I base my team around Breloom which I have learned is a great pokemon. I havent used him in a team before but once he gets a Sub up hes quite hard to stop. Any comments are welcome good or bad and ill be sure to take any advice into account :D

I based my team on Breloom:

After being swept by him a few times i knew that he was good and so i decided to try and use him succesfully. Breloom has a few weaknesses, the most frequently seen ones being Fire and Ice type moves and so i needed a pokemon who could take both of those moves and so i picked Vaporeon

I then looked for someone who could cover Brelooms psychic type weakness. Tyranitar is immune to psychic attacks and can easily kill any ghosy or psychic types who might trouble breloom.

My next choice was Lucario. After breloom puts a pokemon to sleep, if it can't take it down itself then it is a perfect oppurtunity to switch in lucario to set up on them.

Lucario and Breloom often draw fire attacks so i decided to add someone to my team who can take advantage of this so i chose Heatran.

Now i just needed a lead. I decided that i definately needed stealth rock and in my experience aerodactyl is almost always guarenteed to get them up so i chose him.

and so my team looks like this:

Movesets and Analysis

Aerodactyl@ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 At, 252 Sp, 4 HP
Moves: Taunt
Stealth Rock
Crunch
Stone Edge
Comments: I always get stealth rock up with him. Normally I taunt and then Stealth Rock. The only time when i wouldn't do this is when facing other aerodactyl leads where i use Stone edge. Crunch is for Azelf leads.

Tyranitar@ Leftovers
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP, 52 At, 28 Sp, 176
Moves: Substitute
Crunch
Focus Punch
Ice Beam
Comments: I chose this set as it is the bulkiest of Tyranitars set. It can take hits aimed at Breloom while also covering lots of types. Crunch is used to take out psychic and ghost types that Breloom cant, Substitute can often be used when you switch in and your opponent switches fearing an earthquake or stone edge. Focus Punch is for pure power and can beat alot of things and Ice Bean can take out lots of pokemon including dragons who often switch into Breloom.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Nature: adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 At, 252 Sp, 4 Hp
Moves: Swords Dance
Close Combat
Earthquake
Extremespeed
Comments: This set can switch in on pokemon that Breloom has spored. It sets up swords dance and can sweep himself.

Breloom@ Toxic Orb
Nature: Adamant
Abilty: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 At, 244 Sp, 14 Hp
Moves: Substitute
Focus Punch
Spore
Seed Bomb
Comments: I chose this set because IMO it is the most lethal. You switch in on something that will probably switch out like water pokemon, Substitute and then sweep.

Vaporeon@ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Water Absorb
Evs: 188 Def, 252 SpA, 68 Sp
Moves: Hydro Pump
Surf
Hidden Power Electric
Ice beam
Comments: This set has worked well for me. Most pokemon try and taunt it, thinking that its playing a supporting role which is what i was thinking of getting it to do originally. It can take out lots of troublesome pokemon like gyarados and Salamence.

Heatran@ Choice Scarf
Nature: timid
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Sp, 4
Moves: Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse
Earth Power
Expolsion
Comments: This is the pokemon I was least sure about having on my team. I already have vaporeon to take fire type moves but heatran is a good revenge killer so i kept it.

You have a pretty obvious Ground weakness. Aerodactyle is a suicide lead and is your only immunity to ground. Your only switch in at that point will be Breloom and possibly Vaporeon. Mence can OHKO Breloom with Fire Blast and begin sweeping the rest of your team after a Dragon Dance with EQ unless you switch in Vaporeon and that will get OHKO'ed by an Outrage. If you switch in Heatran on the Mence they will probably predict the switch because they know that Fire Blast will OHKO and from there Mence can OHKO almost your entire team, Outrage will leave Lucario with 17.8-2.8%, so there is a chance that even Lucario will get KO'ed if you include SR damage.

I recommend a Gengar, your team will be less EQ weak and you'd have a nice heavy hitter for machamp. You can specs or scarf your gengar, it doesn't really matter. In fact you can choose just about any set you want. I'd probably go for the Sub+Pain split set

Please can someone lock this after all. I spent about an hour expanding alot including stuff like threat lists, immunities, long descriptions etc. and unfortunately it was all lost because of a faulty internet connetction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)