My First Team

This is my first real attempt at putting together a team. Anyways I'm bringing Whimsicott as my lead:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Prankster
Timid
128Def/128SAt/252Spe
Toxic
Taunt
Leech Seed
Giga Drain

Whimsicott's main purpose is to taunt and debilitate. The sash guarantee's At least taunt and toxic/seed depending on the foe's type. Giga drain prevents him from becoming taunt bait and allows for whimsicott to go offensive against some leads like Swampert

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Compound Eyes
Modest
4HP/252SAt/252Spe
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Volt Switch / HP Ice

Galvantula is a sweeper plain and simple. Compound eyes brings Thunder up to 91% ACC which makes it hit harder and more reliably then Stone Edge, barely. Bug buzz allows for him to hit Dark, Psychic, and Grass for super effective, as well as hit Hydreigon hard for those hoping to swap on thunder. Energy Ball hits those pesky grounds. Volt switch allows to scout, but HP ice is and ideally better choice to take down dragons on the swap in.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid
4HP/252SAt/252Spe
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
HP Ice

Chadelure is my revenge killer, I know its less efficient without the allmighty Shadow Tag, but whatever. Shadow Ball for obvious reasons. E Ball to hit weakened Ground, Rock, and Water. Overheat seems to rape almost everything it hits, even some that resist fire will take massive damage. HP Ice allows to hit Gliscor and dragons, especially if they try to bait Overheat and take the HP ice on the swap.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm
252HP/160Def/96SpD
Scald
Ice Beam
Wish
Protect

Vaporeon is my Special Wall and my Wish Passer. It goes without saying it has Wish and Protect. Ice beam to hit Flying and Dragon. Scald is a pretty new tool thats a great stab with a chance to burn. There's not much more to say about Vaporeon.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Sand Rush
Jolly
252Att/4Def/252Spe
Rapid Spin
Earth Quake
Sword Dance
X-Scissor / Poison Jab

Excadrill is my Rapid Spinner. EQ for the powerful Stab and Swords dance to set up, esp if I'm going against a sand team. I have a hard time choosing between Scissors and poison jab, both hit just as hard, but Scissors hits for more Super effectives, where as poison jab has the poison chance an hits flying for neutral.

Crustle @ Quick Claw
Sturdy
Impish
200HP/156Att/252Def
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Stealth Rock
Earth Quake

Crustle is my physical wall, and my Stealth Rock'er. Stone edge and Scissors are both powerful Stabs, and EQ hits steel. Sturdy guarantee's one move, but Crustle will survive most physical hits. Quick Claw for luck and since I only have 1 leftovers

Anyways first team, tell me if it sucks or if its any good at all.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Prankster
Timid
128Def/128SAt/252Spe
Toxic
Taunt
Leech Seed
Giga Drain

Whimsicott's main purpose is to taunt and debilitate. The sash guarantee's At least taunt and toxic/seed depending on the foe's type. Giga drain prevents him from becoming taunt bait and allows for whimsicott to go offensive against some leads like Swampert

Since you are using Whimsicott as a taunt/staler why not have it used more like that, with a sub/seed set. In other words change toxic to substitute and change your evs to something like 252 SpDef/252 Def/4 Spd especially since prankster makes taunt, substitute and leech seed all a first order priority.

Galvantula @ Life Orb
Compound Eyes
Modest
4HP/252SAt/252Spe
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Volt Switch / HP Ice

Galvantula is a sweeper plain and simple. Compound eyes brings Thunder up to 91% ACC which makes it hit harder and more reliably then Stone Edge, barely. Bug buzz allows for him to hit Dark, Psychic, and Grass for super effective, as well as hit Hydreigon hard for those hoping to swap on thunder. Energy Ball hits those pesky grounds. Volt switch allows to scout, but HP ice is and ideally better choice to take down dragons on the swap in.

Seems pretty solid, Don't know much about Galvantula since I have yet to see him used very often in battling, but seems like a logical build.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid
4HP/252SAt/252Spe
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
HP Ice

Chadelure is my revenge killer, I know its less efficient without the allmighty Shadow Tag, but whatever. Shadow Ball for obvious reasons. E Ball to hit weakened Ground, Rock, and Water. Overheat seems to rape almost everything it hits, even some that resist fire will take massive damage. HP Ice allows to hit Gliscor and dragons, especially if they try to bait Overheat and take the HP ice on the swap.

Pretty standard Chandelure set, good asset on your team.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm
252HP/160Def/96SpD
Scald
Ice Beam
Wish
Protect

Vaporeon is my Special Wall and my Wish Passer. It goes without saying it has Wish and Protect. Ice beam to hit Flying and Dragon. Scald is a pretty new tool thats a great stab with a chance to burn. There's not much more to say about Vaporeon.

If you are using Vaporeon as you said as a "Wish Passer" why dont you get rid of ice beam and replace it with baton pass? Isn't that the point of a "wish passer?"

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Sand Rush
Jolly
252Att/4Def/252Spe
Rapid Spin
Earth Quake
Sword Dance
X-Scissor / Poison Jab

Excadrill is my Rapid Spinner. EQ for the powerful Stab and Swords dance to set up, esp if I'm going against a sand team. I have a hard time choosing between Scissors and poison jab, both hit just as hard, but Scissors hits for more Super effectives, where as poison jab has the poison chance an hits flying for neutral.

If your running Life orb get rid of Swords Dance, its redundant. Instead put in Stone Edge. Besides that it's solid.

Crustle @ Quick Claw
Sturdy
Impish
200HP/156Att/252Def
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Stealth Rock
Earth Quake

Crustle is my physical wall, and my Stealth Rock'er. Stone edge and Scissors are both powerful Stabs, and EQ hits steel. Sturdy guarantee's one move, but Crustle will survive most physical hits. Quick Claw for luck and since I only have 1 leftovers

Just a note but it seems as if Crustle and Excadrill would be used for sweeping the same types of Pokemon. Try something that is more of a wall Pokemon as you said you ideally want Crustle to be, I suggest Cofagrigus, although he does repeat your Ghost type from Chandelure which could be potentially bad, or Ferrothorn, even though I despise Ferrothorn with a passion.

Vaporeon doesn't need Baton Pass to pass wish. You just switch and the switchin is healed. Ice beam is vastly superior since dry passing is practically pointless why you're as bulky as Vaporeon. Ice beam also lets you hit random stuff on the switch, like Lati@s, or sgood damage.

I'll definitely take the advice about Whimsicott and Crustle

I am also thinking about maybe changing the scarf to specs on Chandelure. The idea behind this is to chase and hit. Does this sound like a bad idea at all?

All changes I make will be in Red Bold.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Prankster
Timid
128Def/128SAt/252Spe
Substitute
Taunt
Leech Seed
Hidden Power [Fire]

The changes I made here are simple. Whimsicott makes a great sub-seeder thanks to his Prankster ability. Leftovers to recover health lost from Subs. Focus sash is pretty much pointless due to entry hazards and you'll want this guy later. Hidden power Fire to deal with Grass types that otherwise wall you.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Flash Fire
Modest
4HP/252SAt/252Spe
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [Ground]

Chandelure works much better with Choic specs seeing as it doesn't hit a solid enough base speed to be a successful scarfer. With Choice specs and his already high Sp.Atk stat Chandelure really doesn't need HP ice seeing as Overheat willl cripple most dragons enough. HP ground is more efficient as Heatran walls you otherwise.

Excadrill

Excadrill really isn't that great outside of Sandstorm. There are so many better sweepers out there. That's all I got to say on him.

Crustle @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
200HP/156Att/252Def
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Stealth Rock
Earth Quake

The change here was obvious. 'Nuff said.
Hope this helps!

Hmmm do you have any recommendations on what to replace Excadrill with, it seems like most spinners are special, or ferrothorn, but I suppose I could change Crustle too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)